Image © rawpixel.com, under a Creative Commons license.
It's a grave situation when keeping the kids entertained as the dark nights set in feels like little more than witch-ful thinking. Fang-fully, these frightfully good Halloween riddles and answers will put an end to the living nightmare of bored brains; a good ghost riddle, or funny vampire riddles, will get the little monsters under your spell in no time.
Halloween, which occurs annually on 31 October, is a day on which children across the globe like to embrace all manner of spooky fun; so seize the opportunity to get them moaning and groaning as they search for the solutions to spooky riddles. Creeping it real with favourite Halloween riddles might just win you mummy or daddy of the year!
Favourite Halloween Puzzles And Creepy Riddles
1. I am present, but also past. I am wrapped, but not a gift. I am named after a parent, but have no children. What am I? Answer: A mummy.
2. I am hollow and have a lid, but where to find me, you might wonder. Here’s a clue, I’m six feet under. What am I? Answer: A coffin.
3. I have a body, arms, legs and a head, but I’m heartless and have no guts What am I? Answer: A skeleton.
4. From head down to toes, through every living being I flow. You might faint when you see me though! What am I? Answer: Blood.
5. I sleep upside down and I fly through the night. I live in dark places and I don’t have good sight. What am I? Answer: A bat.
6. I have no feet to dance, I have no eyes to see, I have no life to live or die but yet I do all three. What am I? Answer: Fire.
7. I’m tall when I’m young, I’m short when I’m old, and once a year, I make heavy pumpkins light. What am I? Answer: A candle.
8. When the moon is full, from man to beast I transform. I have claws that are sharp, and my hair keeps me warm. What am I? Answer: A werewolf.
9. I weave lots of webs, you can see where I’ve been. I have lots of legs, and I make people scream. What am I? Answer: A spider.
10. I am a room in your house where you watch TV and have fun, but I'm the one room in which ghosts, ghouls, and vampires will never, ever come. What am I? Answer: The living room.
Tricky Halloween Riddles
11. You’re in a room and there’s a ghost in the room, but you are the only one in the room. How is this possible? Answer: You are the ghost.
12. When does Halloween come after Christmas? Answer: In the dictionary.
13. Frankenstein’s father has three sons. The names of two of them are Snap and Crackle. What is the third son called? Answer: Frankenstein.
Hard Halloween Riddles For Kids
14. You have five pumpkins in a basket and you want to divide them evenly between your five friends, but to still leave one in the basket. How do you do it? Answer: You give the last pumpkin to one of your friends while it is still in the basket.
15. You have a match, a jack-o'-lantern, and three candles for the jack-o'-lantern; a tall candle, a medium candle, a short candle. Which one should you light first? Answer: The match.
16. A group of witches are having a broomstick race. The witch in third place overtakes the witch in second place. Where is she now? Answer: In second place.
Really Hard Halloween Riddle
Be warned, this is one of those halloween-themed riddles that will really get your brain working; don't be surprised if you scream in frustration!
17. Mrs Jones had less than 20 pieces of candy left to give to trick or treaters and she wanted to give them all away. Two trick or treaters arrived and she wanted to share the candy evenly between them, but when she tried to do this, there was one piece left over. A third trick or treater arrived, so Mrs Jones decided she would share the candy between all three of them. But when she tried to share them evenly, there was still one piece left. Finally, a fourth trick or treater arrived and Mrs Jones attempted to share the candy between all four children. But she still had one piece left over! How many pieces of candy did Mrs Jones have? Answer: 13
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.