Back in 1997, when JK Rowling released 'Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone', the book received a rousing reception within days.
Today, almost two decades later, the 'Harry Potter' series has sealed its reputation as one of the most successful fantasy novel series of all time. From social media celebrations to merchandise of a vast and varied nature, fans of the series have left no stone unturned in celebrating the various characters and events associated with the franchise.
We have come up with this set of difficult 'Harry Potter' trivia to test the memory of Potterheads across the globe. Read on to take up the challenge and answer these 'Harry Potter' hard core trivia questions!
Hard 'Harry Potter' Books Trivia
At the time of their release, the 'Harry Potter' book series topped all best selling charts for months on end, amassing a massive following in the process. Try this set of difficult 'Harry Potter' quiz questions and hard 'Harry Potter' trivia with answers, to test how much you remember. This hard 'Harry Potter' book trivia will distinguish the dedicated fans from the casual ones!
1. Question: What is the full name of Nearly Headless Nick, the ghost that frequented Gryffindor corridors?
Answer: Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington
2. Question: How old was Nicholas Flamel, the co-creator of the Philosopher's Stone, when he proceeded to destroy it?
Answer: 665 years old
3. Question: By what other name are Wolfsbane and Monkshood, also known as?
4. Question: How many staircases in all did the magical castle of Hogwarts have?
5. Question: In the game of Quidditch, how many possible fouls are there?
6. Question: How many ingredients did the polyjuice potion have?
7. Question: At the end of 'Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone' what was the final number of points that Gryffindor and Slytherin had?
Answer: 482 and 472 respectively
8. Question: What does the scar above Albus Dumbledore's left knee look like?
Answer: A perfect map of the London underground
9. Question: What is the name of the company in which Vernon Dursley, Harry Potter's Uncle, worked?
10. Question: Hermione changed the leaves of the Weasley's crabapple tree into a specific color exclusively for Harry's 17th birthday. What was it?
11. Which man's statute is located next to the entry of the prefect lavatory that Harry uses in the 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire'?
Answer: Boris the Bewildered
12. Question: What is the maximum speed that a firebolt broomstick can reach?
Answer: 150 mph
13. Question: If one took chocolate aboard the Knight Bus, how much would the price of the eventual ticket be?
Answer: 14 sickles
14. Question: Which row houses the prophecy about Harry and Lord Voldemort in the House of Prophecy?
Answer: Row 97
15. Question: What was the name of the Irish chaser that scored the first goal in the Quidditch World Cup?
16. Question: Who is the wizard who can be seen teaching the trolls ballet in a tapestry across the wall in the room of requirement?
Answer: Barnabas the Barmy
17. Question: How many Horcruxes were made?
Answer: Eight in total, including Harry Potter himself
18. Question: What is the five digit code that one needs to dial to get inside the Ministry of Magic?
19. Question: In Harry's sixth year, an apparition instructor joins Hogwarts. What is his name?
Answer: Wilkie Twycross
20. Question: What was the name of Hepzibah Smith's house elf?
21. Question: What did Ginny name her pet pygmy puff?
22. Question: What is Fred Weasley's codename on Potterwatch?
23. Question: What is the name of Dudley's friend who accompanies the Dursleys and Harry to the zoo?
24. Question: After visiting Gringotts, which shop does Harry first go to in Diagon Alley?
Answer: Madam Malkin's Robes For All Occasions
25. Question: Hannah Abbott is sorted into which house?
Hard 'Harry Potter' Film Questions
The books in the series were so popular that a series of movies were released that became equally popular too. Here's a set of the hardest Harry Potter trivia questions on the movies that are sure to challenge your memory, from questions about the London Underground and Platform 93/4 to questions about the magical school of Hogwarts, any true Potterhead will storm through these hard Harry Potter questions.
26. Question: What is the first line in the film, 'Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone'?
Answer: "I should have known that you would be here."
27. Question: Before telling her class about the Chamber of Secrets, what transfiguration lesson was Professor McGonagall teaching?
Answer: How to turn animals into water goblets
28. Question: In 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban', what does Ron do to the Boggart after it takes the form of a spider?
Answer: He envisions it with roller skates
29. Question: In 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire', against what type of dragon does Harry Potter fight?
Answer: Hungarian horntail
30. Question: In 'Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix,' who holds back Harry after Sirius' heartbreaking fall through the veil?
Answer: Remus Lupin
31. Question: What is Albus Dumbledore's last line that he utters just moments prior to his demise?
32. Question: Who said, "The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter."
33. Question: In 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows', to whom do the two wands belong that Ollivander identifies for Harry?
Answer: Bellatrix and Draco
34. Question: What type of portkey was made use of to transport Harry to the Quidditch World Cup?
Answer: An old boot
35. Question: For how many years did the Weasleys have Scabbers as a pet?
Answer: 12 years
36. Question: What magical act is the word "splinching" connected with?
37. Question: In 'Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban', to what page number does Professor Snape ask his class to turn to?
Answer: Page 394
38. Question: In the Ministry of Magic, for which department does Arthur Weasley work?
Answer: Misuse of Muggle artifacts
39. Question: What is the name of Nymphadora Tonk's Aunt?
Answer: Bellatrix Lestrange
40. Question: What does the magical word "episkey" achieve?
Answer: Heals minor injuries
41. Question: In part one of 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows', who travels alongside Hermione during the Battle of the Seven Potters?
Answer: Kingsley Shacklebolt
42. Question: What is Luna Lovegood's Patronus?
Answer: A hare
43. Question: In which year was the movie 'Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets' released?
44. Question: Who among the Marauders was also known as Prongs?
Answer: James Potter
45. Question: Which has the shortest running time among all the 'Harry Potter' movies?
Answer: 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2'
46. Question: What does Hermione fail to smell when she comes across the amortentia love potion?
47. Question: On the morning of his 11th birthday, how many presents does Dudley receive from his parents?
48. Question: In the first movie, what does Hagrid say his role at Hogwarts is?
Answer: Keeper of keys and grounds
49. Question: After the sorting ceremony, how does Professor McGonagall silence the students?
Answer: She taps a glass and asks for their attention
50. Question: In the second movie, from where does Harry get information on the Basilisk?
Answer: The paper in Hermione's hand
Hard 'Harry Potter' Quiz Character Trivia
The characters of 'Harry Potter' are as celebrated as they are cherished. Take this super hard 'Harry Potter' trivia and skim through these tough 'Harry Potter' trivia questions to test your knowledge of the most beloved characters of the series, ending with the hardest 'Harry Potter' trivia question of all!
51. Question: What are the names of Professor Snape's parents?
Answer: Tobias Snape and Eileen Prince
52. Question: What is the full name of Harry and Ginny's middle child?
Answer: Albus Severus Potter
53. Question: Which character was the first user of the room of requirement?
Answer: Albus Dumbledore
54. Question: On the radio show 'Potterwatch', what was Lupin's code name?
55. Question: Who was the character that teased Moaning Myrtle about her glasses?
Answer: Olive Hornby
56. Question: What position did Harry play in the Gryffindor Quidditch team?
57. Question: To which character did the sorting hat originally belong?
Answer: Godric Gryffindor
58. Question: Which character first takes Voldemort's name in the series?
Answer: Ginny Weasley
59. Question: Which character did Ron impersonate to steal Slytherin's locket?
Answer: Reginald Cattermole
60. Question: In 'Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix' what does Bungy the Budgie do to stay cool during summer?
Answer: Water ski
61. Question: What is Aragog's wife named as?
62. Question: Who was Fleur's partner in the Yule ball?
Answer: Roger Davies
63. Question: In what color did the Lovegoods dress up in for Bill and Fleur's wedding?
64. Question: Which professional Quidditch team does Cho Chang support?
Answer: Tutshill Tornados
65. Question: Who was the first prisoner to escape from Azkaban?
Answer: Barty Crouch Jr
66. Question: During their first visit to Diagon Alley, what flavor of ice cream did Hagrid buy for Harry?
Answer: Chocolate and raspberry
67. Question: How many exceptions exist to Gamp's Elemental Law?
68. Question: Winky the house elf has eyes of what color?
Answer: Dark brown
69. Question: How does Harry view the blast-ended skrewts?
Answer: Deformed, shell-less lobsters
70. Question: What is the Bulgarian minister of magic called?
71. Question: At Bill and Fleur's wedding, what kind of hat was Elphias Doge wearing?
Answer: A moth-eaten fez
72. Question: Who gave Ambrosius Flume his first job?
Answer: Ciceron Harkiss
73. Question: Which character is the author of 'Unfogging The Future'?
Answer: Cassandra Vablatsky
74. Question: Who are the only known characters to receive all twelve O.W.L.s?
Answer: Percy Weasley, Bill Weasley and Barty Crouch Jnr
75. Question: When was the first Harry Potter novel written?
Answer: 26 June 1997
76. Question: Does polyjuice potion require you to procure some part of the individual that you wish to turn into?
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly trivia for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for hard 'Harry Potter' trivia questions (and answers), then why not take a look at this 'Harry Potter' book trivia, or 'Harry Potter' movie trivia for more 'Harry Potter' hard trivia quizzes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.