The Harry Potter series is a set of fictional stories and films, all about the life of a young wizard by the name of Harry Potter.
Written by J.K. Rowling, the series begins with Harry as a young boy with a lightning-shaped scar on his forehead, raised by his muggle (non-wizard) family. Harry received the shock of his life upon discovering that he was a wizard; from in his enrolment to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, to his new friends and the adventures embarked upon, his life was never the same.
Get ready to test your Harry Potter knowledge with these super Harry Potter riddles. See what you remember about Hagrid, Dumbledore, Hermione and other characters from the books, and see how many you get right!
Easier Harry Potter Riddles
From Ron Weasley to Professor Snape, the Harry Potter characters each have things about them that make them special. See what you remember about them and try to get as many correct answers to the riddles as you can correct!
1. Beasts I love and kind I am. Who am I? Answer: Hagrid.
2. What does Harry Potter have that Voldemort doesn't? Answer: A nose.
3. He's the star of the book series, who saw King's Cross when he was dead. He is a famous Gryffindor and there's a lightning scar on his head. Who is he? Answer: Harry Potter.
4. Inside an egg, my song sits waiting, for you to hear it while you are bathing. Who am I? Answer: A mermaid.
5. Witches and wizards need this to cast spells as they please. It's normally made of wood and there's an Elder one of these. What is it? Answer: A wand.
6. All the trouble Harry Potter had can be blamed on this person. He once went by the name Tom Riddle and now He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Who is he? Answer: Voldemort.
7. When you arrive at Hogwarts, onto your head this is placed. It will then tell you in which house you will be placed. What is it? Answer: The sorting hat.
8. I was in the Harry Potter books, from the beginning to the end. I have five brothers and a sister and I have been Harry's best friend. Who am I? Answer: Ron Weasley.
9. In the Harry Potter Series, his Patronus was a phoenix. He was the Hogwarts headmaster up to and including book six. Who was he? Answer: Dumbledore.
10. This is a type of high-flying game, you win if you catch the Golden Snitch. Players ride around on their broomsticks, which means that the answer is ... Answer: Quidditch.
Harry Potter Riddles That Are A Little Less Easy
These Harry Potter riddles for kids will really get you thinking.
11. Gimme, gimme, gimme candy and give it to me now! Who am I? Answer: Dudley.
12. I roam the woods of Hogwarts school, and my coat is a lovely white. But don't you dare try to drink my blood, or you'll be cursed for life. Who am I? Answer: A unicorn.
13. I don't want to believe in wands, or in the Quidditch World Cup, and this is the last time I'll say this, shut that bird up! Who am I? Answer: Vernon Dursley.
14. My hair and my smile are my most prominent features. I competed in a tournament with three male seekers. Who am I? Answer: Fleur Delacour.
15. Beware you must, for change I will. What am I? Answer: The stairs.
16. As the Harry Potter books went on, Ron Weasley and I got closer. I correct the pronunciation when people say Leviosa. Who am I? Answer: Hermione Granger.
17. I'm n-not sure if you r-remember me. I t-taught here long ago, b-but I d-died one night, in a f-final fight. When my m-master m-met his foe. Who am I? Answer: Professor Quirrel.
18. I'm often very stern, I wear my hair up in a bun, I'm very fair and I find Quidditch fun. Who am I? Answer: Minerva McGonagall.
19. He was once a prisoner. Into Azkaban he was put. He was Harry's godfather and he sometimes went by Padfoot. Who is he? Answer: Sirius Black.
20. I wear glasses and pigtails, and a toilet's now my bed. And I do not think it's funny to chuck books through my head! Who am I? Answer: Moaning Myrtle.
21. Please come closer, you must understand, I simply cannot see. I've lived long, far from your school, with my humongous family. Who am I? Answer: Aragog.
Harder Harry Potter Riddles
Test yourself with these harder riddles from Harry Potter.
22. This place has many rooms, including the Great Hall. In 1994 it hosted the Yule Ball. What is it? Answer: Hogwarts.
23. Two by two we came to school. I may act a little bit silly, but I am no fool. Who am I? Answer: George Weasley.
24. First think of the person who lives in disguise, who deals in secrets and tells naught but lies. Next, tell me what's always the last thing to mend, the middle of the middle and the end of the end? And finally, give me the sound often heard during the search for a hard-to-find word. Now string them together and answer me this, which creature would you be unwilling to kiss? Who am I? Answer: A spider.
25. I was the pride of those who owned me and a murderer sealed my fate. For years my true identity went unknown and my end was brought by the one who stopped me from finishing off my foe. Who am I? The Slytherin locket.
26. Those I defend I do not love, and those I fight I cannot hate. The one who hates me most is the one I will die to protect. Who am I? Answer: Professor Snape.
27. My dewy voice and sappy smile will lure you into my tower. But do not tarry, for you can't be late, and the walk is half an hour. Who am I? Answer: Sybill Trelawney.
28. Potions and poisons are my mastery, but favouritism is the key. Who am I? Answer: Professor Snape.
29. This place in the Harry Potter series isn't where you'd want to appear. It's guarded by Dementors and Sirius Black escaped from here. Where is it? Answer: Azkaban.
30. I may be dreadful, but I can be of great help. Especially if wands don't help, but I can give you a hard time! Sometimes, you can't help but try me, and after a while I make you glad. I've been blamed for someone's condition, though it was more of a joke than the truth. What am I? Answer: Skele-gro.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.