There's nothing more refreshing than a delicious, healthy smoothie - whether it's part of your breakfast or just a yummy snack.
There are so many different types and flavours that you can easily whip up at home, that both you and your little ones will adore (and are actually really good for you). We've rounded up our top fifteen simple-to-follow recipes, check them out!
Mango Peach Smoothie
For a sweet, refreshing, dairy-free smoothie that your kids will love - look no further. This mango peach smoothie hits all the spots!
Ingredients: 375ml almond milk, 225g chopped up peaches, 175g chopped mango, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and 1 cup of ice.
1) Place the almond milk, peaches, mango, and vanilla extract in a blender and blend on medium until completely smooth.
2) Add in the ice, and blend again until the mixture is smooth.
3) Serve and enjoy your delicious drink.
Banana Berry Smoothie
A gorgeous purple coloured smoothie perfect for breakfast time - your toddlers will be asking you to make this healthy drink every day.
Sweet Potato Smoothie
A rather unusual smoothie that makes for a wonderful breakfast alternative full of nutritious ingredients, both you and the kids will be craving this one over and over again.
Ingredients: 1 small sweet potato, 1 banana, 4 or 5 strawberries, 70g plain greek yoghurt, and 70ml orange juice.
1) Prick your sweet potato all over with a fork, and place in the microwave for 8 to 10 minutes - in 2-minute intervals, turning it over halfway through
2) Let the sweet potato cool for around 10 minutes, or until you can easily hold it.
3) Gently peel the skin from the potato and mash it up well with a fork.
4) Take 2-3 heaped tablespoons of the mashed sweet potato and place it in the blender.
5) Add the rest of the ingredients, and blend the mixture until smooth (for around 1 or 2 minutes).
5) Serve, and enjoy straight away.
Tropical Kale Smoothie
Tasty, refreshing, and so healthy - your toddlers will be left full of energy after sipping on this simple green drink.
Ingredients: 175ml of almond milk, 2 medium-sized bananas, 300g chopped pineapple chunks, and 125g kale.
1) Add all ingredients into the blender and blend for 3 minutes, until smooth. (You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender if chunks get stuck! You can also add a little bit of extra milk if you feel the mixture is too thick.)
2) Serve immediately or place in the fridge to enjoy later on in the day.
Avocado Green Smoothie
Toddlers and kids alike will adore this sweet and healthy smoothie, full of nutrients and wholesome ingredients.
Ingredients: 1/2 a ripe banana, 1/4 avocado, 115g spinach, 60g plain yoghurt, 4 ice cubes, and 160ml regular, almond, or coconut milk.
1) Blend all ingredients for 1-2 minutes until the smoothie mixture is creamy and smooth.
2) Pour and serve.
Chocolate Chia Seed Smoothie
A healthy drink packed full of protein and fibre that tastes just like a chocolate milkshake? Yes, please!
Ingredients: 400ml milk, 100g plain greek yoghurt, 1 chopped banana, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp flaxseeds, or golden linseeds, and 2 tbsp honey.
1) Place all ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
2) Pour into cups and drink immediately for the best results.
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
A delicious breakfast drink to keep your kids full all morning, this strawberry oatmeal smoothie is definitely a winner.
Ingredients: 175g frozen strawberries, 1 banana, 25g oats, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp honey, 240ml milk (any kind), and 3 ice cubes.
1) Place ingredients in a blender, and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
2) Drink immediately for best taste.
Sweet and Fruity Smoothie
Made with a nutritious combination of fruit and vegetables, your kids will ask you to make this one over and over again!
Ingredients: 375ml of cold water, 120ml of orange juice, 4 pitless dates, 1/4 avocado, 95g frozen mango, 95g frozen strawberries, 95g frozen pitless cherries, 400g spinach.
1) Blend ingredients on high speed until very smooth. (If the mixture is too chunky or thick, you can add some extra water.)
2) When no chunks are visible and the mixture appears creamy, serve straight away for best results.
Tip: If you've got any leftover smoothie, you can freeze it in ice lolly moulds and enjoy it as a tasty frozen snack at another time.
Refreshing Pink Smoothie
It's pink, it's delicious, and it's super healthy - what more could you ask for?
Ingredients: 175g frozen strawberries, 60g frozen raspberries, 1/2 a small beet, 1 ripe banana, 125g plain yoghurt, 125ml milk, 2 tbsp honey, 1tbsp hemp seeds, and 3-4 ice cubes.
1) Blend all of the ingredients together for around 2 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and without lumps.
2) Pour into cups and enjoy your tasty pink drink!
Cranberry and Mango Layered Smoothie
If you're up for something a little more complicated, why not try this gorgeous colourful creation? It's so eyecatching your little ones will love it, and it's super tasty, too!
Ingredients for the green layer: 140g frozen mango chunks, 125ml almond milk, 2 handfuls of spinach, and a drop of orange juice.
Ingredients for the red layer: 120g frozen raspberries, 75g cranberries, 62ml almond milk, 62ml orange juice, and 1 tsp honey.
1) Blend together the ingredients from the green layer until smooth.
2) Pour into glasses and place them in the freezer.
3) Rinse out the blender and then blend together the ingredients from the red layer. Place this in the freezer for around 10 minutes to ensure a clean line between the two layers.
4) Take your two mixtures out of the freezer and use a spoon to gently place half of the red mixture on top of the green one.
5) Marvel at your creation and enjoy your yummy drink!
Thirsty for more? Take a look at five more delicious smoothies your kids will love:
So simple to make, this one will be a huge hit with both your toddlers and your older kids.
Click here for the recipe.
Fruit and Veg Green Smoothie
You'll love being able to sneak in those hidden veggies with this delicious treat.
Check out the recipe here!
Pink Fruit Smoothie
Tasty, colourful, and easy to make - you don't want to miss out on this pink drink.
Take a look at the yummy recipe.
Hidden Veggie Smoothie
Your preschoolers will be so occupied by the tasty drink they won't even realise all the vegetables they're consuming!
Watch the recipe here.
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Packed full of healthy fruit and some hidden spinach, this nutritious drink also makes for a super tasty one that your kids will love!
Check the recipe out!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.