Everyone needs a hug and a kiss once in a while from their loved ones, otherwise, it is almost impossible to survive without them.
A hug, if explained simply is a gesture or act of affection for someone you care about, love, or fancy by tightly wrapping them in both your arms. A kiss is a gesture or act of love or greetings towards people one adores by touching or caressing their lips.
Science has proven now that hugging a loved one for even 20 seconds every day helps release stress, produces oxytocin, and reduces blood pressure. Hugs and kisses are the best way to showcase your love and its purity through these small but frequent gestures of affection. They help in creating everlasting bonds between two people, especially in a relationship. That's why this carefully curated list will make sure you show your loved ones how much you love them and miss them by sharing these hug quotes with them. The categories include hug quotes, quotes about hugs and smile, and cuddle quotes among others.
Famous Quotes About Hugs And Kisses
This is the list of a few of the most famous hug quotes by some famous people. It also includes quotes about kisses.
1. "A mother's hug is better than a lover's kiss."
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
2. "A kiss seals two souls for a moment in time."
- Levende Waters.
3. "Where I live if someone gives you a hug it's from the heart."
- Steve Irwin.
4. "I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words."
- Ann Hood.
5. "Hugs and kisses are ways to express what cannot be said."
- Kacie Conroy.
6. "If you're angry at a loved one, hug that person. And mean it. You may not want to hug - which is all the more reason to do so. It's hard to stay angry when someone shows they love you, and that's precisely what happens when we hug each other."
- Walter Inglis Anderson.
7. "I love hugging people. I still hug everybody in my meet-and-greet lines."
- Taylor Swift.
8. "They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything."
- Bill Keane.
9. "HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it."
- Princess Diana.
10. "Your hugs and kisses are like the stars that light up my life when things get dark."
11. "Girdles and wire stays should have never been invented. No man wants to hug a padded birdcage."
- Marilyn Monroe.
Funny Quotes About Kisses And Hugs
These hug quotes come with a little bit of humor to their soothing nature with some funny quotes about kisses as well.
12. "Laughing together is as close as you can get to a hug without touching."
- Gina Barreca.
13. "In an ideal world, no one would talk before 10 am. People would just hug because waking up is really hard."
- Zooey Deschanel.
14. "A kiss without a hug is like a flower without the fragrance."
15. "Oh, I love hugging. I wish I was an octopus, so I could hug ten people at a time!"
- Drew Barrymore.
16. "One joke is enough to put a smile on your face.
One hug is enough to put a smile on your heart.
One kiss is enough to put a smile on your soul."
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
17. "A hug is like a boomerang - you get it back right away."
- Bil Keane.
18. "You can never have too many books or too many hugs."
- Gina House.
19. "I had embraced you... long before I hugged you."
- Sanober Khan, 'A Thousand Flamingos'.
20. "However long a hug lasts, it doesn't last long enough."
- Kyle Schmalenberg.
21. "A hug makes you feel good all day."
- Kathleen Keating.
22. "We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth."
- Virginia Satir.
23. "If I see my fans crying, I just want to give them a hug and tell them I love them."
- Austin Mahone.
24. "Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it."
- Bernard Meltzer.
25. "All I need is the hug, not the therapy."
26. "They say that love is more important than money, have you ever tried paying your bills with a hug?"
- Nishan Panwar.
27. "After his kisses and hugs, it feels like without them my body will fall apart into pieces."
- Francesca Lia Block.
28. "A hug is a smile with arms, a laugh with a stronger grip."
- Terri Guillemets.
29. "Everybody needs a hug. It changes your metabolism."
- Leo Buscaglia.
Quotes About Hugs And Love
These hug quotes are beautiful and full of love and for you to share them with your loved ones.
30. "That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable."
- Deb Caletti.
31. "Obligation sends the children to bed on time, but love tucks the covers in around their necks and passes out kisses and hugs."
32. "No matter how strong a woman is, she has a weak point. And sometimes all she needs is a hug."
- Melanie McNichols.
33. "Your hug should be more than an embrace of affection. It represents her safety and security. It should make her feel truly loved."
- Tony Curl.
34. "Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children."
- Princess Diana.
35. "A kiss is a secret told to the mouth instead of the ear; kisses are the messengers of love and tenderness."
- Ingrid Bergman.
36. "Hugs are God’s way of reminding us how much we are loved."
- Gail Lynne Goodwin.
37. "A hug is the bridge between two souls,"
- Anoir Ou-Chad.
38. "There's nothing like a mama-hug."
- Terri Guillemets.
39. "I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug or just a friendly pat on the back."
- Maya Angelou.
40. "The hug was a simple gesture. Perhaps, the end of the cold war. Perhaps, the fragile beginning of love."
- Mariyam Hasnain, 'The Wedding Planner'.
41. "They were giving us these incredible bear hugs, and my ribs are still aching from all of those bear hugs."
- Craig Marberry.
42. "Putting your love into your hugs is much more effective than putting it into your words."
43. "Not all hugs are freely given. Some should be earned like a hug from a child."
Hug Quotes On Friendship
These hug quotes are for you to reminisce those old times with your old friends or new ones and make you wish they could put their arms around you and you could hug them right now.
44. "A hug is an amazing thing. It's just the perfect way to show the love we're feeling but can't find the words to say."
- Johnny Ray Ryder.
45. "Sometimes all you can do is hug a friend tightly and wish that their pain could be transferred by touch to your own emotional hard drive."
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
46. "When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go."
- H. Jackson Brown. Jr.
47. "Whenever you hug me, I feel at home...!"
- Kankane Rakhi Surendra.
48. "The good thing about hugs: when you give one, you get one too."
- Diana Rowland.
49. "I think Christians and Muslims should hug each other."
- Chuck Norris.
50. "A hug delights, warms, and charms. That must be why God gave us arms."
- Lashana Harney.
51. "Hug your customers but also offer a handshake to your competitors."
- Amit Kalantri.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about hugs then why not take a look at quotes about having fun, or quotes to cheer you up.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.