Heavy Metal is a special genre of rock music which is characterized by aggression, fast tempo and high distortion.
Heavy metal music often contains deep and dark lyrics which adds to the rich flavor of heavy music. Heavy metal is subdivided into sub-genres like thrash metal, doom metal, speed metal etc.
The rise of heavy metal took place in the late 1960s when it evolved from rock music. Over the next decade, it became hugely popular all across the globe.
Best Heavy Metal Quotes
Enlisted below are the finest and iconic heavy metal quotes and heavy metal quotes about life.
1."The same sensations that you get in heavy metal are in horror movies. Heavy metal sounds evil and horror movies are evil, ha ha!"
- Kirk Hammett.
2. "Also, heavy metal seems to attract all sorts of scruffy, lost animals, strays no one wants."
- Kirk Hammett.
3. "I associate heavy metal with fantasy because of the tremendous power that the music delivers."
- Christopher Lee.
4. "I think heavy metal is therapeutic - it's music that blows the tension away. I think that's why people who have had really bad childhoods are attracted to heavy metal. It allows people to release aggression and tension in a nonviolent way."
- Kirk Hammett.
5. "Heavy metal is a universal energy it's the sound of a volcano. It's rock, it's earth-shattering. Somewhere in our primal being, we understand."
6. "Black Sabbath invented heavy metal, in my opinion."
- Eddie Trunk.
7. "Metal music has never shied away from controversy. It has always rebelled against authority and stood up against mainstream religion."
8. "All that stuff about heavy metal and hard rock, I don't subscribe to any of that. It's all just music. I mean, the heavy metal from the Seventies sounds nothing like the stuff from the Eighties, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the Nineties. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?"
9. "Pop and metal aren't friends. Each knows exactly where the other lives and tries to keep its distance. They choose different streets, neighborhoods, zip codes."
-Dave Mustaine, 'Mustaine: A Heavy Metal Memoir'.
10. "Metal isn't necessarily aggressive. There's metal that's contemplative, there's metal that's sad, and there's metal that's exuberant. No genre is limited in what it can express."
11. "If you are a pop band, don't say you're a metal band. Poison and Warrant were about as metal as the Backstreet Boys."
- Geezer Butler.
12. "I wasn't that wild about that. I told them basically if they were really going to want to bring back heavy metal to a program on MTV, then they are really going to have to get in touch with what real heavy metal is."
- Phil Anselmo.
13. "I think metalheads are smart people who possess a healthy dose of self-irony and a good sense of humor, and that appeals to me. I felt a strong affinity with the scene from the first moment on."
Famous Heavy Metal Quotes
Enlisted below are some famous and funny heavy metal quotes.
14. "If heavy metal bands ruled the world, we'd be a lot better off."
- Bruce Dickinson.
15. "At its best New Wave/punk represents a fundamental and age-old Utopian dream: that if you give people the license to be as outrageous as they want in absolutely any fashion they can dream up, they'll be creative about it, and do something good besides."
16. "We are one of the last heavy metal bands. Iron Maiden has always been unique."
17. "I just want to be considered a heavy metal band, because metal has always been around and will always be around. We're just a heavier version of metal."
- Mitch Lucker.
18. "Most snoring is composed by Beethoven or Wagner, although a few times Wiggs had heard heavy metal rock performed on the somnambulate bassoon."
19. "My mom always encouraged me, it was never weird. She'd look at 'Heavy Metal' and go 'Woo-hoo!'"
- Zack Snyder.
20. "That's certainly the roots of heavy metal. That whole sense of revolution and wanting to be powerful is definitely a puberty thing. Fans don't have to be offended by that. Everybody goes through it. That's why heavy metal is so powerful."
-Ian Christe, 'Sound Of The Beast: The Complete Headbanging History Of Heavy Metal'.
21. "That sort of cluelessness just continually haunts heavy metal. And there's still amongst a lot of people in the press this elitist attitude."
22. "I have tons of friends in the heavy-metal music world, and just going to see them inspires me."
- Kerry King.
23. "I was looking for something a lot heavier, yet melodic at the same time. Something different from heavy metal, a different attitude."
- Kurt Cobain.
24. "I have them a few minutes to absorb everything while I teased Ubie, who only had to recover from his near-death experience. I was so glad Reyes hadn't ripped him to shreds. I liked him much better un-shredded. Unlike, say, my preference for lettuce or heavy metal guitar solos."
25. "Heavy metal will never go away. It's like a cockroach. It's the best title, because we play metal that's heavy."
- Mitch Lucker.
26. "I like playing heavy metal music and pretending I'm a vampire in front of the mirror."
27. "It is just that heavy metal musicians write in minor keys, and when you do that, you frighten people."
-Ronnie James Dio.
28. "Heavy metal has never ever been given the respect and credit it deserves. And in some ways, it's probably what makes it so near and dear to the people who love it."
Inspirational Heavy Metal Quotes
In this category of quotes, you will find inspirational metal quotes along with heavy metal quotes about love.
29. "From the heaviest of the heavy to classical to country, that's what I listen to, I listen to a variety and I enjoy good music, good songs."
- Tom Araya.
30. "Metal is the feeling of being an outsider, but still being part of something huge."
31. "Heavy metal is the enemy. Everybody but me keeps going back and forth between metal and punk, but I'm narrow-minded and a purist. I'd never mess with it."
32. "Heavy metal is always going to be there. At its core, it's all about a primitive connection we all need to keep in our lives."
33. "Pop music, disco music, and heavy metal music is about shutting out the tensions of life, putting it away."
34. "Metal is also music for people who think for themselves."
Best Heavy Metal Quotes From Songs
Here are some of the best quotes from the iconic heavy metal songs as well as heavy metal quotes about loss.
35. "Have you ever been alone at night
Thought you heard footsteps behind
And turned around and no-one's there?"
- Iron Maiden, 'Fear Of The Dark'.
36. "A glimpse of a light in this void of existence
Now witness the end of an age
Hope dies in hands of believers
Who seek the truth in the liar's eye."
- Lamb Of God, 'Walk With Me In Hell'.
37. "All you leave behind will live to the end
The cycle of suffering goes on
But memories of you stay strong
Someday I too will fly and find you again."
- Alter Bridge, 'Blackbird'.
38. "Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerer of death's construction."
- Black Sabbath, 'War Pigs'.
39. "You'll take my life, but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket, but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand, there's no turning back."
- Iron Maiden, 'The Trooper'.
40. "Fortune, fame
But the memory remains…"
- Metallica, 'The Memory Remains'.
41. "Arms wide open
I stand alone
I'm no hero
And I'm not made of stone
Right or wrong
I can hardly tell
I'm on the wrong side of Heaven."
- Five Finger Death Punch, 'Wrong Side Of Heaven'.
42. "Yeah! I've left the world behind
I'm safe here in my mind
I'm free to speak with my own kind
This is my life, this is my life
I'll decide not you."
- Judas Priest, 'Beyond The Realms Of Death'.
43. "A country that's divided
Surely will not stand/
My past erased, no more disgrace
No foolish naive stand."
- Megadeth, 'Holy Wars… The Punishment Due'.
44. "As I watched my mother die, I lost my head.
Revenge now I sought, to break with my bread.
Taking no chances, you come with me."
- Diamond Head, 'Am I Evil?'
45. "I’m waiting in my cold cell when the bell begins to chime/
Reflecting on my past life and it doesn’t have much time…"
- Iron Maiden, 'Hallowed Be Thy Name'.
46. "There I was completely wasting, out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die."
- Judas Priest, 'Breaking The Law'.
47. "A tout le monde
A tout mes amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir."
- Megadeth, 'A Tout Le Monde'.
48. "Reverend, reverend
Is this some conspiracy?/
Crucified for no sins
An image beneath me
Lost within our plans for life."
- Pantera, 'Cemetery Gates'.
49. "Just like the pied piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like Marionettes
Swaying to the symphony of destruction."
- Megadeth, 'Symphony Of Destruction'.
50. "Waiting for the one
The day that never comes
When they stand up and feel the warmth
But the sunshine never comes, no."
- Metallica, 'The Day That Never Comes'.
51. "I like smoke and lightnin'
Heavy metal thunder"
- Steppenwolf, 'Born To Be Wild'.
Famous Quotes On Music
In this category of quotes, you will find some of the best and most famous 'I love heavy metal' quotes.
52. "From the beginning, I felt that Heavy Metal is not just about music but also something that you feel with your heart. It is music that helps you express your emotions and feelings."
53. "Since the 1960s, mainstream media has searched out and co-opted the most authentic things it could find in youth culture, whether that was psychedelic culture, anti-war culture, blue jeans culture. Eventually heavy metal culture, rap culture, electronica - they'll look for it and then market it back to kids at the mall."
- Douglas Rushkoff.
54. "I write almost all my songs on an acoustic guitar, even if they turn into rock songs, hard rock songs, metal songs, heavy metal songs, really heavy songs... I love writing on an acoustic because I can hear what every string is doing; the vibrations haven't been combined in a collision of distortion or effects yet."
55. "We love not just Judas Priest music, but we love heavy metal and we love to get out on that stage every night and perform. It's a joy to be able to do it."
- Glenn Tipton.
56. "If you looked at my iPod, you would get a trip out of all the different music, from the real heavy metal to bluegrass to classical."
- Eric Close.
57. "Usually when I'm mad, I'd rather listen to angry music than soothing music - more heavy metal, some Metallica or something."
- Matt Kenseth.
58. "The guitar influence that affected my songwriting came from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal."
- Dave Mustaine.
59. "I was ten when I heard the music that ended the first phase of my life and cast me hurtling towards a new horizon. Drenched to the skin, I stood on Dunoon’s pier peering seawards through diagonal rain, looking for the ferry that would take me home."
- Mark Rice, 'Metallic Dreams'.
60. "I knew I wanted to be in music, but I didn't know my role, so I did everything from interning at Rolling Stone to writing heavy metal fanzines to playing in a high-school band, and I think all those things probably helped in a way."
- Mark Ronson.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for heavy metal quotes then why not take a look at [jazz quotes] and Billie Holiday quotes
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.