Looking for some funny jokes about hedgehogs to tell your kids?
We've rounded up some of the best one-liners related to these prickly little creatures, including some Sonic the Hedgehog puns. These will get straight to the point and will make the whole family fall in love with these fascinating spiny mammals.
Hedgehogs aren't just funny, they're really interesting little animals too. Did you know that hedgehogs are lactose intolerant so you should never leave a saucer of milk out for them? They actually live on a diet of insects, but it won't harm them if you leave out some meat and water as a supplement to their diet. These nocturnal creatures weren't always called hedgehogs either. Originally they were known as hedgepigs or urchins. They can also walk an impressively long way for animals with such tiny legs. In just one evening a foraging hedgehog can travel up to two miles, visiting various different gardens in the process. And, finally, we bet you can't guess how many spines an individual hedgehog has on its back? Well, it's an incredible 5000 - 7000 spines. Ouch!
If you're looking for some prickly sentences about hedgehogs you've come to the right place, because we've rounded up plenty of funny lines that include a reference to these spiky little garden animals.
1. Hedgehogs... why don't they just share the hedge?
2. Be cool. Be hedgy.
3. Sending you a big hedgehug.
4. I'm a little bit on hedge today.
5. You're looking sharp and hedgy.
6. I'm living on the hedge.
7. Take the hedge off.
8. I don't like to hedge my bets.
9. Magic hedgehogs go to school at Hedgehog-warts.
10. You look a bit rough around the hedges.
11. One hedgehog to the other: "How can you sleep at night?"
12. A hedgehog's favourite video game is Pokemon.
13. "Can I have a turn in the hedge now?" Hedgehog: "No".
14. What do you call a pig stuck in topiary? A hedgehog.
15. How does a hedgehog play leap frog? Very carefully.
Sonic The Hedgehog Pun
Sonic is possibly the most famous hedgehog in the world and every kid who has grown up collecting rings and going as fast as they can with this fun blue computer game character will love this pun about him.
16. Shakespeare's favourite video game was Sonnet the Hedgehog.
Puns About Hedgehog Prickles
The most unique thing about hogs has to be their incredible spines that they use as a form of defence against predators (so best not to pick one up!). These spines might not be funny if they spike you, but they have inspired some brilliant one-liners that you can use to make your friends and family laugh.
17. One hedgehog to the other: "I'm so glad I pricked you."
18. Quill you be mine?
19. Everything quill be alright.
20. One hedgehog to the other: "I'm stuck on you."
21. I'm quilled to the bone.
22. That hedgehog is old as the quills.
23. You're quill the one.
24. I'm just quilling some time before I hibernate.
25. You need some quill power.
26. Don't be spineless.
27. Hedgehogs have got hibernating down to a spine art.
28. Hedgehogs sleep through the day come rain or spine.
29. A hedgehog walked the whole spine yards to cross the road.
30. Come closer I've got a point to make.
31. This ought to spike your interest.
32. When two hedgehogs meet it can be love at first spike.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.