The thought of one's actions, image, or emotions in a negative manner repeated several times is 'worrying'.
Worrying these days has almost become a regular feature in everyone's life in these hyper-active times. But at the same time, it is a waste of time and energy.
While being tense is a typical part of life, stress is a misuse of our time and energy. We get involved in a pattern that makes us consider most pessimistic situations that will very likely never happen.
While we may never figure out how to quit stressing about the future completely, there are approaches to help us better deal with that stress, so we can save ourselves some time. These worry quotes might help you find that way. Worry quotes may even give you something less worrying to think about.
Worrying About The Future Quotes
Here are some worry quotes that you will enjoy.
1. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
- The Dalai Lama.
2. “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.”
- Corrie Ten Boom.
3. “Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow.”
- Swedish Proverb.
4. “Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff.”
- Robert Eliot.
5. “If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.”
- E. Joseph Cossman.
6. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.”
7. “There are two days in the week about which and upon which I never worry... Yesterday and Tomorrow.”
- Robert Jones Burdette.
8. “There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem.”
- Harold Stephens.
9. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.”
- Arthur Somers Roche.
10. “Half the worry in the world is caused by people trying to make decisions before they have sufficient knowledge on which to base a decision.”
- Herbert E. Hawkes.
11. “Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better.”
- Walt Disney.
12. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.”
- George Bernard Shaw.
13. “Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.”
- Charles M. Schulz.
14. “The first symptom is that you stop worrying. Things don't bother you anymore. You become light-hearted and full of joy. The second symptom is that you encounter more and more meaningful coincidences in your life, more and more synchronicities.”
- Deepak Chopra.
15. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.”
- Elbert Hubbard.
16. “Don't worry if you borrow, but worry if you lend.”
- Russian Proverb.
17. “I've noticed that worrying is like praying for what you don't want to happen.”
- Robert Downey, Jr.
18. “You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.”
- Walter Hagen.
19. “Worry is interest paid on trouble before it falls due.”
- Walter Ralph Inge.
20. “Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”
- Dale Carnegie.
Quotes To Worry Less
Here are some worry quotes to make you feel relaxed.
21. “Life is too short to worry about anything. You had better enjoy it because the next day promises nothing.”
- Eric Davis.
22. “Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited of what could go right.”
- Tony Robbins.
23. “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.”
- Ana Monnar.
24. “Worrying doesn’t get you anywhere.”
25. “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.”
- Mahatma Gandhi.
26. “That the birds of worry and care fly over your head, this you cannot change, but that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.”
27. “Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
28. “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.”
- Erma Bombeck.
29. “A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work.”
- John Lubbock.
30. “It is essential that we stop worrying about money and stop resenting our bills.”
- Louise L. Hay.
Quotes About Worrying About Someone You Love
Here are some worry quotes about someone you love or even self-love.
31. “More smiling, less worrying... More love, less hate.”
- Roy T. Bennett.
32. “Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.”
- Erma Bombeck.
33. “If you spent your life concentrating on what everyone else thought of you, would you forget who you really were?”
- Jodi Picoult.
34. “We would worry less if we praised more. ”
- Harry Ironside.
35. “Unpopular, lonely and loving, Elinor need not trouble, For if she were not so loving, She would not be so miserable.”
- Stevie Smith.
36. “I have learned not to worry about love; but to honor its coming with all my heart.”
- Alice Walker.
37. “Don't worry. Just when you think your life is over, a new story line falls from the sky and lands right in your lap.”
- Rebekah Crane.
38. “Peace and love to everyone that you meet.
Don't you worry, it could be so sweet.”
- Bob Sinclair, 'Love Generation'.
39. “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.”
- Anne Hathaway.
40. “In love, we worry more about the meaning of silences than the meaning of words.”
- Mason Cooley.
Stop Worrying About What Others Think Quotes
Here we've got some 'not to worry about what others think' quotes.
41. “There is a great difference between worry and concern. A worried person sees a problem, and a concerned person solves a problem.”
- Harold Stephen.
42. “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything.”
- Ernest Hemingway.
43. “Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.”
- Abraham Lincoln.
44. “Start small, think big. Don’t worry about too many things at once. Take a handful of simple things to begin with, and then progress to more complex ones. Think about not just tomorrow but the future. Put a ding in the universe.”
- Steve Jobs.
45. “Many who write are panic-stricken at the thought of leaving their 20s behind. More are terrified at the prospect of the Big 40. … For many, the fortieth birthday is a traumatic experience.”
- Ann Landers.
46. “You probably wouldn’t worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do!”
- Olin Miller.
47. “Never worry about what other people say or think. Do the right. Have a clear conscience and roam about happily.”
48.“If you worry about what other people think of you, then you will have more confidence in their opinion than you have in your own.”
- John Maxwell.
49. “Que sera, sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que sera, sera”
- Doris Day, 'Que Sera, Sera'.
50. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
- Matthew 6:34.
Anxiety Quotes To Keep Calm
Here are some worry quotes to keep you calm.
51. “Worry is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble.”
- George Washington
52. “We suffer more often in imagination than in reality.”
53. “Don't believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.”
- Renee Jain
54. “Take a deep breath and give yourself permission to step back from everything that is making you feel anxious.”
- Jade Marie.
55. “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.”
- Lily Tomlin.
56. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”
- Leo Buscaglia.
57. “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
― Mark Twain.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about worrying then why not take a look at [quotes about humility], or [quotes about intelligence].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.