There's nothing more satisfying than seeing a smiling face around, and that satisfaction exponentially multiplies when you are the reason behind it.
Lending a helping hand does a lot in enhancing your overall self, and these quotes are all about how you can help someone. The satisfaction in being compassionate and kind is the absolute most anyone can experience.
Helping hands are often rare yet the most compassionate thing anyone could do. There might be a question lingering about how to use a helping hand in a sentence, and the answer to this is quite easy; here is an ultimate collection of quotes to help you know the usage. So, find some inspiration to do something good for the community, and also remember to inspire others with just a share as these words of encouragement. These will never fail in making anyone's day better.
If you like these quotes, check out asking for help quotes and [generosity quotes].
Good Quotes About Helping Hands
Here are quotes about helping hands and for all those people who share a helping hand with the community.
1. "Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day."
– Sally Koch.
2. "Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others."
- Booker T. Washington, 'Up from Slavery'.
3. "No one has ever become poor by giving."
- Anne Frank.
4. "I'm starting to think this world is just a place for us to learn that we need each other more than we want to admit."
- Richelle E. Goodrich, 'Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, and Grumblings for Every Day of the Year'.
5. "Time well spent adds to life well lived."
- Martin Ugwu.
6. "Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves."
- Horace Mann.
7. "When you need a helping hand, look inside you before anywhere else!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
8. "Everybody need somebody that's why I don't mind spending my give a helping hand , being a listener and just being a friend."
- Shaneika Marie.
9. "What people see you do may not be remembered; what they hear you say may be forgotten, but how they feel your intervention in their times of need will forever be remembered."
- Israelmore Ayivor, 'Leaders' Watchwords'.
10. "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."
– David Viscott.
11. "The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
12. "There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up."
– John Holmes.
13. "Selfless giving is the art of living."
– Frederic Lenz.
14. "You can have everything you want in life if you just help enough people get what they want in life."
– Zig Ziglar.
15. "There is no use whatever trying to help people who do not help themselves. You cannot push anyone up a ladder unless he is willing to climb himself."
– Andrew Carnegie.
16. "The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others."
- Albert Schweitzer.
17. "I am going to give from every corner of my soul."
- Mike Dolan.
18. "Once I die for the people's future, Then I can live in peace forever."
- Abhijit Naskar, 'Hurricane Humans: Give Me Accountability, I'll Give You Peace'.
19. "All who joy would win must share it. Happiness was born a Twin."
- George Gordon Byron, 'Don Juan'.
20. "The more credit you give away, the more will come back to you. The more you help others, the more they will want to help you."
- Brian Tracy, Facebook post.
21. "Always have a willing hand to help someone, you might be the only one that does."
– Roy T. Bennett.
22. "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
– Winston Churchill.
Best Quotes For Helping Hands
Helping hands are always encouraged and appreciated, so here are quotes for all those helping hands who never fail to help others.
23. "Helping others isn't a chore; it is one of the greatest gifts there is."
- Liya Kebede.
24. "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."
– Albert Einstein.
25. "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
– Mahatma Gandhi.
26. "To fold the hands in prayer is well, to open them in charity is better."
27. "Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make someone else happy."
– Gretta Brooker Palmer.
28. "It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."
- Napoleon Hill.
29. "Condemn none: if you can stretch out a helping hand, do so. If you cannot, fold your hands, bless your brothers, and let them go their own way."
- Swami Vivekananda.
30. "God lends a helping hand to the man who tries hard."
31. "My values, our values, aren't about pointing fingers. They are about offering a helping hand."
- Kathleen Blanco.
32. "The meaning of good and bad, of better and worse, is simply helping or hurting."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
33. "You never know when a helping hand will change another person's entire life."
- Zig Ziglar, 'Zig: The Autobiography of Zig Ziglar'.
34. "Maybe we feel good when we help others because some small part within us remembers and connects to the knowing that we are all one."
- Akiroq Brost.
35. "A simple lifestyle is good for us, helping us to better share with those in need."
- Pope Francis, 'The Spirit Of St Francis'.
36. "When you open your heart to giving, angels fly to your door."
37. "I want the municipality to be a helping hand to the man with a desire of sympathy, to help the fallen when it is not in their power to help themselves."
- John Burns.
38. "An effort made for the happiness of others lifts us above ourselves."
- Lydia M. Child.
39. "The difference between a helping hand and an outstretched palm is a twist of the wrist."
- Laurence Leamer.
40. "The virtue involved in helping those one loves is not 'selflessness' or 'sacrifice,' but integrity."
- Ayn Rand, 'The Virtue of Selfishness'.
41. "There is no greater joy, nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone's life."
- Mary Rose McGeady.
42. "A storyteller makes up things to help other people; a liar makes up things to help himself."
- Daniel Wallace, 'The Kings and Queens of Roam'.
43. "People appreciate and never forget that helping hand especially when times are tough."
- Catherine Pulsifer.
44. "You feel alive to the degree that you feel you can help others."
- John Travolta.
Inspirational Quotes On Helping And Kindness
Using a little bit of kindness is never a tiring task, rather, it is an effortless gesture that is self-satisfying, and so is a good quote about kindness.
45. "A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal."
- Steve Maraboli, 'Life, the Truth, and Being Free'.
46. "You have to lift a person up before you can really put them in their place."
- Criss Jami, 'Killosophy'.
47. "Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours."
- Les Brown.
48. "The miracle is this: the more we share the more we have."
- Leonard Nimoy.
49. "Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life."
- Todd Stocker, 'Refined: Turning Pain Into Purpose'.
50. "Plant flowers in others' gardens and your life becomes a bouquet!"
51. "When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed."
- Maya Angelou.
52. "Love people who hate you. Pray for people who have wronged you. It won't just change their life… it'll change yours."
- Mandy Hale, 'The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass'.
53. "If you haven't done much giving in your life-try it and see how you feel afterwards."
- Michelle Moore, 'Selling Simplified'.
54. "What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?"
– Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
55. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."
56. "Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light."
– Norman B. Rice.
57. "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
- John Bunyan.
58. "When you reach out to those in need, do not be surprised if the essential meaning of something occurs."
- Stephen Richards.
59. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them."
- Dalai Lama.
60. "The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches but to reveal to him his own."
- Benjamin Disraeli.
61. "Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you."
- Mother Teresa.
62. "In about the same degree as you are helpful you will be happy."
- Karl Reiland.
63. "My favorite six words in recovery are: trust God, clean house, and help others."
- Matthew Perry.
64. "Once I leave this earth, I know I've done something that will continue to help others."
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee.
65. "Bread for myself is a material question. Bread for my neighbor is a spiritual one."
- Nicholas Berdyaev.
66. "Life is not lived till it's lived for others."
- Abhijit Naskar, 'No Foreigner Only Family'.
67. "With wealth, one is in a position of responsibility. You must try to help others. It is as simple as that."
- Arpad Busson.
Quotes About Helping Others
These quotes are the absolute definition of positivity and generosity; these also spread the beauty of affection.
68. "There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others."
- Mandy Hale, 'The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass'.
69. "One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone."
- Shannon L. Alder.
70. "Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up."
- Michael P. Watson.
71. "Disasters work like alarm clocks to the world, hence God allows them. They are shouting, 'Wake up! Love! Pray!'"
- Criss Jami, 'Killosophy'.
72. "Sometimes those who give the most are the ones with the least to spare."
- Mike McIntyre, 'The Kindness of Strangers'.
73. "Give, but give until it hurts."
- Mother Teresa.
74. "In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us."
– Flora Edwards.
75. "If we always helped one another, no one would need luck."
76. "Kindness can transform someone's dark moment with a blaze of light. You'll never know how much your caring matters. Make a difference for another today."
– Amy Leigh Mercree.
77. "If you're in the luckiest one percent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 percent."
- Warren Buffett.
78. "Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others."
79. "To ease another's heartache is to forget one's own."
– Abraham Lincoln.
80. "There are many in the world who are dying for a piece of bread, but there are many more dying for a little love."
- Mother Teresa,' A Simple Path: Mother Teresa'.
81. "Life's most urgent questions is: What are you doing for others?"
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
82. "One must be poor to know the luxury of giving."
– George Eliot.
83. "The test of a civilization is in the way that it cares for its helpless members."
– Pearl S. Buck, 'My Several Worlds'.
84. "Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve."
– Marianne Williamson.
85. "Sometimes give your services for nothing."
86. "To give your best is to receive the best."
– Raymond Holliwell.
87. "Bounty always receives part of its value from the manner in which it is bestowed."
– Samuel Johnson.
88. "I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do."
- Jana Stanfield.
Quotes On Charity And Good Deeds
Charity and good deeds can never be done; these are endless things a person should always do, and so here are quotes to spread a word of wisdom.
89. "Every man is a hero if he strives more for others than for himself alone."
- Lloyd Alexander, 'The High King'.
90. "Charity sees the need not the cause."
91. "A little bit of mercy makes the world less cold and more just."
- Pope Francis.
92. "If you get, give. If you learn, teach."
– Maya Angelou.
93. "Earn your success based on service to others, not at the expense of others."
– H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
94. "A hero is a man who does what he can."
- Romain Rolland.
95. "Where charity keeps pace with gain, industry is blessed."
– William Penn.
96. "What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other."
– George Eliot.
97. "The small charity that comes from the heart is better than the great charity that comes from the head."
– Ivan Panin, 'Thoughts '.
98. "When a person is down in the world, an ounce of help is better than a pound of preaching."
– Edward G. Bulwer, 'Night and Morning'.
99. "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."
- Charles Dickens.
100. "There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward."
– Khalil Gibran.
101. "I feel that if you are blessed, or lucky enough, to be doing well, you should help others."
- Laurell K. Hamilton.
102. "Every charitable act is a stepping stone towards heaven."
– Henry Ward Beecher.
103. "Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."
– Saint Augustine.
104. "Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth."
- Muhammad Ali.
105. "Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it."
– John D. Rockefeller.
106. "Did universal charity prevail, earth would be a heaven, and hell a fable."
– Charles Caleb Colton, 'Lacon, Or, Many Things In A Few Words: Addressed To Those who Think'.
107. "Giving is the master key to success, in all applications of human life."
– Bryant McGill, 'Voice Of Reason'.
108. "That charity which longs to publish itself ceases to be charity."
– Eliza Cook, 'Eliza Cook's Journal, Vol. IV'.
109. "Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference."
– Kathy Calvin.
110. "The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it."
- William James.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for [helping hands quotes], then why not take a look at [neighbor quotes] or [charity quotes]
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.