The eyes are an important sensory organ in the human body.
Eyes represent omniscience and are often portrayed in art as the gateway into the soul. Looking directly in the eyes of someone is a custom of honesty.
Since ancient times, eyes in the context of art and literature have been used as a means to broadcast emotions and the beauty of women in general. If a person tries to hide their emotions through body language, the eyes will always reveal the truth behind an emotionless face.
There have been countless works revolving around eyes and the beauty and depth behind them. With that said, find some of the best quotes and sayings from various works of literature and quotes by celebrated personalities in history and modern times right here. Eyes quotes are beautiful and eyes quotes can be used as compliments. Since eyes are the windows to our soul, or so it is said, these eyes quotes can make you feel loved and feel beautiful.
For more related eye quotes based take a look at [eyes quotes] and you are beautiful quotes.
Quotes About Her Eyes
Some of the quotes about eyes that you can use to compliment any person! These eyes quotes are quite diverse and these quotes can also bring fire in anyone's eyes.
1. “Her eyes were devastating. Large, dark, and inviting, they were the sort of open windows that decent people draped.”
― Michael J. Sullivan, ‘Heroes Wanted: A Fantasy Anthology’.
2. “Her eyes narrowed until they were a faint greenish glitter, like a forest pool far back in the shadow of trees.”
― Raymond Chandler, ‘The Big Sleep’.
3. “Her eyes are classic novels and poetry.”
― Isaac Marion.
4. “She always had that about her, that look of otherness, of eyes that see things much too far, and of thoughts that wander off the edge of the world.”
― Joanne Harris, ‘The Girl With No Shadow’.
5. “The soul, fortunately, has an interpreter - often an unconscious but still a faithful interpreter - in the eye.”
― Charlotte Brontë, ‘Jane Eyre’.
6. “If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.”
― Santosh Kalwar.
7. “She can kill with her smile, she can wound with her eyes.”
― Billy Joel, 'She's Always A Woman'.
8. “When a woman is talking to you, listen to what she says with her eyes.”
― Victor Hugo.
9. “For she had eyes and chose me.”
― William Shakespeare, ‘Othello’.
10. “Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.”
11. “There’s a light in a woman’s eyes that speaks louder than words.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, ‘The Hound Of The Baskervilles’.
12. “The face is the mirror of the mind, and eyes without speaking, confess the secrets of the heart.”
― St. Jerome.
13. “True love doesn’t need proof. The eyes told what heartfelt.”
― Toba Beta.
14. “My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams are reflected.”
― Anna M. Uhlich.
15. “No object is mysterious. The mystery is your eye.”
― Elizabeth Bowen.
16. “A woman’s eyes cut deeper than a knife.”
― Robert Jordan.
17. “The eyes see everything through the heart.”
― Katherine Center.
18. “Her eyes are homes of silent prayers.”
― Alfred Lord Tennyson.
19. “The eyes are the amulets of the mind.”
― Bill Vaughan.
20. “Tears are nature’s lotion for the eyes. The eyes see better for being washed by them.”
― Christian Nestell Bovee.
Beautiful Eyes Quotes For Her
Quotes about the beauty and magnificence of pretty eyes for everyone to enjoy! These quotes can be a great find.
21. “Purify your eyes, and see the pure world. Your life will fill with radiant forms.”
22. “She looked as though there were nothing on earth she would not look at like that, and really she was afraid of so many things.”
― Ernest Hemingway, ‘The Sun Also Rises’.
23. “Her angel’s face, as the great eye of heaven shined bright, And made a sunshine in the shady place.”
― Edmund Spenser, ‘The Faerie Queene’.
24. “She tucks the veil of her hair behind the crescent moon of her ear to reveal the stars in her eyes.”
― Curtis Tyrone Jones.
25. “Her eyes were dancing like those of angels.”
― Guillaume Apollinaire.
26. “You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories.”
― Stanislaw Jerzy Lec.
27. “Eyes are the most effective tools for silently asking help!”
― Mehmet Murat ildan.
28. “Many eyes go through the meadow, but few see the flowers in it.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
29. “The light which shines in the eye is really the light of the heart.”
30. “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.”
― Audrey Hepburn.
31. “Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.”
― Nikos Kazantzakis.
32. “There is something about her eyes. Eyes don’t breathe. I know that much. But hers look breathless.”
― Mary E. Pearson, ‘The Jenna Fox Chronicles’.
33. “Grace was in all her steps, heaven in her eye, in every gesture dignity and love.”
― John Milton, ‘Paradise Lost’.
34. “Your eyes are like two jewels in the sky.”
― Bob Dylan, 'One More Cup Of Coffee'.
35. “The voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses.”
― E.E. Cummings.
36. “Beautiful eyes are those that show the beautiful thoughts that burn below.”
― Ellen Palmer Allerton.
37. “Your eyes are even smaller, yet they behold the whole world.”
38. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.”
― Sophia Loren.
39. “The light that lies in woman’s eyes, has been my heart’s undoing.”
― Thomas Moore.
40. “Beautiful eyes in the face of a handsome woman are like eloquence to speech.”
― Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
41. “It is in their eyes that their magic resides.”
― Arthur Symons.
42. “The eyes indicate the antiquity of the soul.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
43. “If my eyes could show my soul, everyone would cry when they saw me smile.”
― Kurt Cobain.
44. “Let every eye negotiate for itself and trust no agent.”
― William Shakespeare, ’Much Ado About Nothing’.
45. “When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things, even in the eyes that are blind to beauty.”
― Khalil Gibran, ‘The New Frontier And Sand And Foam’.
46. “Open your Eyes, for this world is only a Dream.”
Cute Quotes About Her Eyes
Eyes sayings and quotes that will put a smile on your face.
47. “The heart has eyes which the brain knows nothing of.”
― Charles Henry Parkhurst.
48. “She wears poetry in her eyes.”
― Laraib Zakir, 'Chaos in Utter Silence’.
49. “A curious eye means a hundred eyes!”
― Mehmet Murat Ildan.
50. “A blue eye is a true eye; Mysterious is a dark one, Which flashes like a spark sun! A black eye is the best one.”
― William Rounseville Alger, ‘The Poetry Of The Orient’.
51. “Your eyes are like windows to your soul. They shine and bedazzle as the stars do in the sky!”
― Avijeet Das.
52. “Remember. The sun rises only to reflect in your eyes.”
― Emmanuelle Soni-Dessaigne.
53. “If you see with innocent eyes, everything is divine.”
― Federico Fellini.
54. “If you do not turn your eyes to heaven, you will never see a falling star!”
― Corina Abdulahm-Negura.
55. “There is a road from the eye to the heart that does not go through the intellect.”
― Gilbert K. Chesterton.
56. “How you’re always looking into people, or wondering what they see when they look back at you. Your eyes. It's all in the eyes.”
― Claudia Gray, ‘A Thousand Pieces Of You’.
57. “Tell me. Tell me with your eyes.”
― James Joyce, ‘Exiles’.
58. “Even the greatest showman alive could not reveal the trick behind the magic of her eyes.”
― Giovannie de Sadeleer.
59. “What good would it do her to have beautiful bright eyes such as these if there is no one to see them.”
― José Saramago, ‘Blindness’.
Inspirational Quotes About Her Eyes
Get inspired with these great inspirational and motivational quotes about eyes.
60. “But eyes are blind. You have to look with the heart.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
61. “If eyes were made for seeing, then beauty is its own excuse for being.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
62. “Where words are restrained, the eyes often talk a great deal.”
― Samuel Richardson.
63. “The eye is the pulse of the soul; as physicians judge of the heart by the pulse, so we by the eye; a rolling eye, a roving heart.”
― Thomas Adams.
64. “The mirror is a worthless invention. The only way to truly see yourself is in the reflection of someone elses eyes.”
65. “It’s true about the eyes being the window to the soul. Your face can be etched with worry, and twisted by ageing, but the eyes tell the true story of who you are.”
― Naomie Harris.
66. “No tongue can speak more sentimental than the eyes screaming for love!”
― Mehmet Murat Ildan.
67. “The eyes are one of the most powerful tools a woman can have. With one look, she can relay the most intimate message. After the connection is made, words cease to exist.”
― Jennifer Salaiz.
68. “You never know how you look through other people’s eyes.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
69. “I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again.”
― Sylvia Plath.
70. “Fortune is painted blind, with a muffler afore her eyes, to signify to you that fortune is blind.”
― William Shakespeare, ‘Henry V’.
71. “The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.”
― Leonardo da Vinci.
72. “Your eyes show the strength of your soul.”
― Paulo Coehlo.
73. “Whatever makes an impression on the heart seems lovely in the eye.”
74. “Watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you.”
― Roald Dahl.
75. “I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. I have put my heart near your heart.”
― Pope John XXIII.
76. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust.
Look Into Her Eyes Quotes
Sayings and quotes about looking into her eyes and seeing the world in them!
77. “When I look into your eyes I see everything I want in this world and that is never going to change.”
― Stephen F. Campbell.
78. “So much was understood through eyes that could not be put into words.”
― Elizabeth Gaskell, ‘North And South’.
79. “When I look into your eyes, I keep on looking at them. I can’t ever stop looking at them. Your eyes speak volumes to me in unsaid word.”
― Avijeet Das.
80. “The first time I ever saw your face, I thought the sun rose in your eyes and the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave to the dark and empty sky, my love.”
― Ewan MacColl, ‘The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face’.
81. “He fell in love with the way she closed her eyes, long before he fell in love with her.”
― Alice Hoffman.
82. “It does not hurt weak eyes to look into beautiful eyes never so long.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.
83. “Every time I watch you open those beautiful eyes, I gaze with awe just thinking of how blessed I am to spend the rest of my life with you.”
― Rose Dunn.
84. “In your eyes there are countless stars yet to be discovered. Why will I look for another sky?”
― Avijeet Das.
Love Quotes About Her Eyes
Some of the best love quotes revolving around the beauty of the eyes.
85. “A lover’s eyes will gaze an eagle blind.”
― William Shakespeare.
86. “Love is not blind; it is an extra eye, which shows us what is most worthy of regard.”
― James M. Barrie.
87. “But you’ve never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you.”
― Matt Damon.
88. “I want to see the world that lies behind the strangeness of your eyes.”
― Charlotte Mew.
89. “Maybe we fall in love with sad eyes because we see our souls reflected in them.”
― Bridgett Devoue, ‘Soft Thorns’.
90. “The eyes are the pioneers that first announce the soft tale of love.”
91. “Love is in the eyes, and one woman knows when another woman is in love.”
― David Gemmell.
92. “Infatuation is the language of a beautiful eye upon a sensitive heart.”
― Joseph R. Bartlett.
93. “When there is love in the heart, there are rainbows in the eyes, which cover every black cloud with gorgeous hues.”
― Henry Ward Beecher, ‘Life Thoughts’.
94. “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.”
― William Shakespeare, ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’.
95. “The best things in life are unseen, that’s why we close our eyes when we kiss, cry, and dream.”
― Helen Keller.
96. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.”
97. “The soul that can speak through the eyes can also kiss with a gaze.”
― Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer.
Poems About The Beauty Of Her Eyes
Great quotes and sayings in the form of poems that are true to the beauty of the eyes.
98. “Van Gogh couldn’t have painted
the stars in your eyes.”
― Nina Mouawad, ‘Blue Sun: A Poetry Collection’.
99. “Your eyes drink of me,
Love makes them shine,
Your eyes that lean
So close to mine.”
― Sara Teasdale, ‘The Collected Poems’.
100. “Her eyes burn like
a match head striking
my flesh with ferocity
and precision to ignite
the night with a divinorum induced dream.”
― A.P. Sweet, 'Dead But Dreaming'.
101. “From women’s eyes this doctrine I derive:
They sparkle still the right Promethean fire;
They are the books, the arts, the academes,
That show, contain and nourish all the world.”
― William Shakespeare, ‘Love’s Labour’s Lost’.
102. “She flew across the turbulent gust.
Her eyes fixed, her wings strong
She flies and flies and flies along.
To reach high, to open her wings to the breathing sunrise.”
― Debatrayee Banerjee, ‘A Whispering Leaf’.
103. “You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.”
― Maya Angelou.
104. “Beautiful eyes are those that show,
Like crystal panes where hearth fires glow,
Beautiful thoughts that burn below.”
― Ellen P. Allerton, ‘Walls Of Corn, And Other Poems’.
105. “Over the eyes of gladness
The lids of sorrow fall,
And the light of mirth is darkened
Under the funeral pall.”
― James Whitcomb Riley.
106. “Your eyes are like windows
To your soul, something that makes me
Think of eternity.”
― Eric Overby, ‘Journey’.
107. “Life blossoms wherever water flows
Where tears are shed divine mercy is shown.”
108. “Don't forget your eyes
because I inhabit them.”
― Alejandra Pizarnik, ‘The Galloping Hour: French Poems’.
109. “I heard the music of your eyes.
And my heart started beating again.”
― Emmanuelle Soni-Dessaigne.
110. “Those loving eyes will tell you
That you have found your home.”
― Jocelyn Soriano.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for her eyes quotes then why not take a look at inner beauty quotes, or [cute crush quotes]?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.