Comic strip 'The Boondocks' was written by Aaron Mc Gruder and is the basis for the American sitcom series, also called 'The Boondocks'.
Freeman, the protagonist in the series, is a ten-year-old boy and is a left-wing radical. He is a retired "domestic terrorist" conscious of the situation of African American people in American society.
The first episode aired on 6 November 2005 titled 'Garden Party'. Huey is a highly-skilled martial artist. Huey was named after Huey P. Newton, one of the founders of the Black Panther Party. Major characters in the series include Riley who is Huey's younger brother and Robert Freeman who is his paternal grandfather with whom he lives. Minor characters include Jazmine Dubois, Tom Dubois, Ed Wuncler, Uncle Rukus, Micheal Ceasar and Cindy McPhearson. The series makes references to various famous personalities - Huey Freeman quotes Kahlil Gibran and others like Ronald Reagan, Oprah, and President Barack Obama among others. Huey and Riley are both voiced by Regina King. There are a total of four seasons so far. In 2006, Huey Freeman was named the best male character at the Glyph Comics Award. If you like the ones below, then do have a look at our African American quotes and 'Aladdin' Genie quotes.
Deep Huey Freeman Quotes
Some of the themes covered in the series include greed, self-loathing, hypocrisy, ignorance etc. Here are some of the best Huey Freeman quotes about freedom, Huey freeman quotes on America and Obi-Wan Huey freeman quotes from the series.
1. "Maybe there are forces in this universe we don't understand. But I still believe we make our own miracles."
2. "Santa Claus is an Illuminati agent walking towards the New World Order."
3. "Being the Bigger man is overrated."
4. "Maybe I'm too young to know what the world is suppose to be...but it is not suppose to be this. It can't be this. So please..."
5. "I don’t know, maybe that’s part of the plan, to make me think I’m crazy…it’s working.”
6. "What makes your god any less made than his?"
7. "I never prayed before. I don't even know who I'm praying to."
8. "The ancestors already bought and paid for our crown, all we have to do is wear."
9. "You do what you can to help people and they make you wonder...why you even bother..."
10. “Obi-Wan Kenobi once said ‘your eyes can deceive you, don’t trust them.’ It seems to be getting harder. Distinguishing reality from the illusions people make for us, or the ones we make for ourselves."
11. "To all the people of the earth I say with utmost sincerity.... peace."
12. "I want my people to be free! I will enlighten the masses! My voice will ring out across the globe and make a difference."
13. "Its time to rise, its time to walk the road of freedom, its time to throw off the yoke oppression, break free the chains and regain control of our destinies. Its time for revolution."
Funny Huey Freeman Quotes
The protagonist is rarely ever seen smiling or happy in the series although there are various funny quotes. He feels emotions and shows empathy and warmth towards those he cares about but still is reserved towards expressing his feelings. Here are some funny and famous Huey Freeman quotes to know.
14. "My own pony! I'm gonna name him Sammy Davis, Jr. the pony."
15. "I've said it before expensive sneakers are like $150 land mines. Step on one and BOOM! A perfectly rational black man can explode."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Huey Freeman quotes then why not take a look at Trevor Noah quotes, or 'Trading Places' quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.