Kindness is the quality of being nice and considerate towards all other living beings.
Kindness not only improves the quality of our relationships, but also brings a lasting feeling of satisfaction and well-being. When we are gentle and affectionate towards others, we in turn receive affection and care from them and others.
Sometimes, kindness is associated with being weak. But that is absolutely not true. Kindness is opening your eyes to the sufferings of others, lending a helping hand, exchanging a smile, or speaking kind words to uplift your fellow human beings as these be nice quotes and kindness quotes prove. Being nice and kind also means that you whole-heartedly rejoice in the success of others while at the same time tell the truth in a way that doesn't hurt the other. In fact, there are endless ways through which you can be kind to others. If you're looking for quotes that tell you how to be nice, some kind quotes, a good positive quote, or even the best saying in life, which is arguably, "if you can be anything, be kind," you'll find all the answers here. So, here we have over 60 be nice quotes and kindness quotes that will encourage you to be considerate towards all.
If you like this content, then do read our [be present quotes] and [quotes about caring].
Compassion Quotes To Spread Love
It harms no one to show small acts of kindness and compassion everyday. Here are some good and positive quotes and sayings about life that will inspire you to be more empathetic and nice.
1. "I learned far too late in life that a long list of letters after someone's name is no guarantee of compassion, kindness, humour, all the far more relevant stuff."
- Bill Nighy.
2. "Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves."
- Mason Cooley.
3. "Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need."
- Ellen De Generes.
4. "Creation is an ongoing process, and when we create a perfect world where love and compassion are shared by all, suffering will cease."
- Bernie Siegel.
5. "When we're looking for compassion, we need someone who is deeply rooted, is able to bend and, most of all, embraces us for our strengths and struggles."
- Brene Brown.
6. "As I get older, the more I stay focused on the acceptance of myself and others, and choose compassion over judgment and curiosity over fear."
- Tracee Ellis Ross.
7. “Let our hearts be stretched out in compassion toward others, for everyone is walking his or her own difficult path.”
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
8. “That is what compassion does. It challenges our assumptions, our sense of self-limitation, worthlessness, of not having a place in the world. As we develop compassion, our hearts open.”
- Sharon Salzberg.
9. “Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.”
- Dalai Lama.
10. “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”
- Steve Maraboli.
11. "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
- Dalai Lama.
12. “By speaking of ourselves in a positive and affirmative fashion and finding ways to eradicate self-hate, by speaking kindly about ourselves and those around us, we can foster a sense of love and compassion.”
- Jessamyn Stanley.
Be Kind Quotes That Teach Generosity
Here are some of the most inspirational quotes about kindness that will urge you to be more tender-hearted towards people around you.
13. “A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.”
- Saint Basil.
14. “The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been kindness, beauty, and truth."
- Albert Einstein.
15. “Life isn’t always kind. It isn’t gentle and loving or sympathetic to the pains and sorrows of humanity. I, however, as an individual in control of my own actions, can be kind and loving, gentle and sympathetic to those around me, and in the process improve what life is for everyone.”
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
16. “The most attractive thing about you should have less to do with your face or body and more to do with your attitude and how you treat people.”
- Germany Kent.
17. “The older you get, the more you realize that kindness is synonymous with happiness.”
- Lionel Barrymore.
18. "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love."
- Lao Tzu.
19. “Kindness is a passport that opens doors and fashions friends. It softens hearts and molds relationships that can last lifetimes.”
- Joseph B. Wirthlin.
20. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.”
- Andrew Iskander.
21. “What wisdom can you find greater than kindness?”
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
22. "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone."
- Ronald Reagan.
23. “When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.”
- Whoopi Goldberg.
24. "Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you."
- Princess Diana.
25. "You will never have a completely bad day if you show kindness at least once."
- Greg Henry Quinn.
26. "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
27. “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.”
- Charles Glassman.
28. "Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind."
- Eric Hoffer.
29. “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.”
- Amelia Earhart.
30. "Kindness trumps everything. Kind people are magnets for all of the good things in life."
- Tom Giaquinto.
31. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.”
- Winston Churchill.
32. “Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.”
- Henry James.
33. "I've been searching for ways to heal myself, and I've found that kindness is the best way."
- Lady Gaga.
34. "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
- Dalai Lama.
35. “Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.”
- Scott Adams.
36. “The wonderful thing is that it’s so incredibly easy to be kind.”
- Ingrid Newkirk.
37. "Treat others as you wish to be treated. Don't just be nice, but be kind to other people. That can be so rewarding."
- Mary Lambert.
38. "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver."
- Barbara De Angelis.
39. “Don't assume, ask. Be kind. Tell the truth. Don't say anything you can't stand behind fully. Have integrity. Tell people how you feel.”
- Warsan Shire.
40. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.”
- Jackie Chan.
41. “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.”
- Harold S. Kushner.
42. "Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier."
- Mother Teresa.
43. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.”
- Publilius Syrus.
44. "We can each change the world, with genuine acts of kindness."
- Mongai Fankam.
45. “Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your modus operandi and change your world. ”
- Annie Lennox.
46. "Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate."
- Albert Schweitzer.
Be Nice To Everyone Quotes
Just be nice quotes and trying to be nice quotes are a great way to spread the word of kindness and compassion. Here are some insightful quotes on being nice to help you be more thoughtful.
47. “Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.”
- Frank A. Clark.
48. "Be honest, be nice, be a flower not a weed."
- Aaron Neville.
49. "No person in the world ever lost anything by being nice to me."
- Lillie Langtry.
50. "Not only do I think being nice and kind is easy but being kind, in my opinion, is important."
- Dwayne Johnson.
51. "Being nice to everybody, saying hello to everyone in the room, signing every autograph; it was instilled in me at a very young age that this was what I was suppose to do."
- Brooke Shields.
52. “You won’t burn in hell. But be nice anyway.”
- Ricky Gervais.
53. “Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.”
- Jimmy Durante.
54. "Be nice to the environment. Be nice to animals. Be nice to people. If you do that, you will leave a mark on the world."
- Enock Maregesi.
Quotes About Kindness From Movies
Here we have some reflective kindness quotes and be nice to people quotes from movies to inspire you to be kinder.
55. "There are people who are having trouble making their miracle happen; there are people who don't have enough to eat, there are people who are cold, you can go out and say hello to these people."
- Frank Ross, 'Scrooged,' 1988.
56. "Something good is bound to happen when love is in your heart
For love and human kindness is where good things always start"
- Eli Bloodshy, 'Hot Lead And Cold Feet,' 1978.
57. "God: How do we change the world?
Evan Baxter: One single act of random kindness at a time.”
- 'Evan Almighty,' 2007.
58. “Never underestimate the kindness of the common man, Phillip.”
- Butch Haynes, 'A Perfect World,' 1993.
59. “You are gentle, and there’s nothing stronger in the world than gentleness.”
- Dr. Han Suyin, 'Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing,' 1955.
60. “Maleficent doesn't know anything about love or kindness or the joy of helping others. You know, sometimes I think she isn't very happy.”
- Fauna, 'Sleeping Beauty,' 1959.'
61. “It's called making people feel good about themselves so that they'll cooperate with you and help you to do your job. You should try it some time.”
- Det. Frank Keller, 'Sea Of Love,' 1989.
62. “Kindness in heart much better than gold in bank.”
- Charlie Chan, 'Charlie Chan In Paris,' 1935.
63. “Don't confuse kindness with weakness.”
- Gabriel, 'Swordfish,' 2001.
64. “How little kindness there is in the world today!”
- Mr. Peters, 'The Mask Of Dimitrios,' 1944.
65. “When there is kindness, there is goodness. When there is goodness, there is magic.”
- Ella's mother, 'Cinderella,' 2015.
66. “Prince Charming: Be kind.
Cinderella: And have courage.
Prince Charming: And all will be well.”
- 'Cinderella,' 2015.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for be nice quotes then why not take a look at [humility quotes], or [quotes about empathy].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.