Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.
Beauty is subjective. You can’t expect society to accept you if you don’t accept yourself.
Body positivity, self-love and self-acceptance must come from within, before it comes from others.
It can be difficult being a woman in today’s world. As we move further towards fashion for body perfect girls, we are also recognizing body image issues that bother people of every gender. Body positivity is a fat acceptance movement that is meant to break the unrealistic beauty standards set for both men and women. The inception of self-defined beauty now demands self-confidence and affirmations. One can rebuild self-esteem by avoiding comparison, showing gratitude towards yourself and thinking positively. So, to promote self-care and make you feel good enough, we have listed down more than 50 body positive quotes in this article. To boost your confidence more, make sure you read you are awesome and unique quotes and you are wonderful quotes too.
Best Body Positivity Quotes
There are many bold statements made on this beautiful movement of promoting self-love and self-worth. We have listed some of the best image quotes and loving yourself quotes for you to look at.
1. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”
— Alan Cohen
2. “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.”
— Louise Hay
3. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh
4. "The best gift you are ever going to give someone — the permission to feel safe in their own skin."
- Hannah Brencher
5. "Confidence is the only key. I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself."
- Emma Stone
6. “You're a human being. You live once and life is wonderful, so eat the damn red velvet cupcake.”
- Emma Stone
7. “That game of comparison you play will strip you of the marvel in your story.”
– Ariella Estoria
8. “There is nothing more rare, nor more beautiful, than a woman being unapologetically herself; comfortable in her perfect imperfection. To me, that is the true essence of beauty.”
― Steve Maraboli
9. “Your self-esteem won’t come from body parts. You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while, and look for another reflection, like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.”
– Stacy London
10. “This body had carried me through a hard life. It looked exactly the way it was supposed to.”
― Veronica Roth, 'Carve the Mark'
Building body love is a long-term process. You can kick start it with regular positive affirmations and a focussed mind to love your body. Here are some body positive quotes that will encourage you. These body image quotes and affirmations can also be preserved to be read daily.
11. “Eyes closed, feet dancing their way toward the pond, she was her own music, her body her favorite thing she'd ever owned.”
― Tahereh Mafi, 'Furthermore'
12. “Hating our bodies is something that we learn, and it sure as hell is something that we can unlearn.”
― Megan Jayne Crabbe, 'Body Positive Power: How learning to love yourself will save your life'
13. “Your body is an amazing self-regulating, self-correcting wonder.”
― Amy Leigh Mercree, 'The Mood Book: Crystals, Oils, and Rituals to Elevate Your Spirit'
14. “Just because we have acne, tummy rolls, and chaffing thighs doesn’t mean we need fixed. Period.”
- Mik Zazon
15. “Speak to your body in a loving way. It’s the only one you’ve got, it’s your home, and it deserves your respect.”
— Iskra Lawrence
16. “Before pictures are implications of a right way and a wrong way to have a body. It perpetuates an ideal that is harmful”
— Mary Lambert
17. “Take your time and your talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world, and get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans!”
— America Ferrera
18. “When we’re awake in our bodies and sense, the world comes alive. Wisdom, creativity, and love are discovered as we relax and awaken through our bodies.”
— Tara Brach
19. “Life is so much more beautiful and complex than a number on a scale.”
— Tess Munster
20. “In order to find real happiness, you must learn to love yourself for the totality of who you are and not just what you look like.”
— Portia de Rossi
Famous Quotes About Having Body Confidence
It isn’t easy to be a woman in today’s world. This is agreed by many celebrities too. You don't have to look a certain color or lose weight to feel beautiful. You simply need to love your body one day and every day. Here are some famous body positive quotes to increase your self-worth. These quotes about body positivity will help you in your life.
21. "My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It's about being content. And sometimes other priorities win."
— Melissa McCarthy
22. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.”
— Serena Williams
23. "To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It's about knowing and accepting who you are."
- Ellen Degeneres
24. "Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like."
- Emma Watson
25. "I am allowed to look sexy, feel sexy, and be in love. I am worthy of all of those things. And so are you."
- Mary Lambert
26. "Females are like the most beautiful, gorgeous creatures in the world. I think that we're gorgeous no matter what size we are."
- Alicia Keys
27. “For young women, I would say, don't worry so much about your weight. Girls spend way too much time thinking about that, and there are better things…what makes you different or weird, that's your strength."
- Meryl Streep
28. "I happen to be very confident in my own skin. It takes time to get to that place, but it’s all about embracing yourself and your body."
- Christina Aguilera
29. "And I said to my body, softly, “I want to be your friend. It took a long breath and replied, “I’ve been waiting my whole life for this.” “
– Nayyirah Waheed
30. “The relentless attempts to be thin take you further and further away from what could actually end your suffering: getting back in touch with who you really are. Your true nature. Your essence.”
– Geneen Roth
31. “Is “fat” really the worst thing a human being can be? Is “fat” worse than “vindictive,” “jealous,” “shallow,” “vain,” “boring,” or “cruel”? Not to me.”
– J.K. Rowling
32. "You see there are other people — just like you. Feeling the exact same way. And suddenly being isolated to your own body and mind doesn’t feel so... alone."
- Kai Wes
33. “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.”
— Meryl Streep
34. “You can’t really invest in your looks as your only ‘thing’ because it is a depreciating asset.”
— Rashida Jones
35. “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does that, even the people I consider flawless, then you can start to live with the way you are.”
— Taylor Swift
36. "I'm proud of my body. I'm finally in a good place and learning to love me for me, and not somebody else’s standards.”
— Khloe Kardashian
37. “The most powerful thing anyone can say to us is what we say to ourselves.”
— Christine D’Ercole
38. “A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement.”
– Jess C Scott
39. “My thighs will always touch when I walk, but I’m ok with that.”
– Sugar Jamison
40. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”
– Marilyn Monroe
Cool Body Quotes
Body image is something that we are always worried about, mostly due to the hype created about perfect bodies through media. The need for self-love has become a priority for most people. Read these cool body confidence quotes to add perspective and body positivity.
41. "I am more than my measurements… My body is MY body. I'll call the shots."
- Ashley Graham
42. “I’ve finally recognized my body for what it is: a personality-delivery system, designed expressly to carry my character from place to place, now and in the years to come.”
– Anna Quindlen
43. “I don’t look in the mirror and go, ‘Oh, I look fantastic!’ Of course, I don’t. Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.”
– Kate Winslet
44. “Don’t surrender all your joy for an idea you used to have about yourself that isn’t true anymore.”
― Cheryl Strayed
45. “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.”
– Sophia Bush
46. “Your body. Your diet. Your life. It isn't perfect. It never will be. But it's real. It's honest. It's beautifully flawed. And totally magical.”
― Nicola Jane Hobbs, 'Thrive Through Yoga: A 21-Day Journey to Ease Anxiety, Love Your Body and Feel More Alive'
47. “Forget your good angles, forget your airbrush. Forget your no panty lines. Forget your smooth bellies. Forget your perfect hair. Forget your hairless armpits. Forget your clean rooms. Bring me your real bumps and curves and your forehead zits. Bring me your granny panties and your scars. I’m here for it.”
- Lauren Leavell
48. “You don’t need an excuse to feel good about yourself.”
49. "Having a flat stomach doesn’t make you more worthy, it won’t make you happier, or more successful. You don’t need a toned stomach to wear a bikini.”
- Rae Ann Langas
50. “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.”
— Jessica Ortner
51. “There is not one standard definition of beauty or one perfect size.”
— Ashley Graham
52. “I don’t want to wait until I’m 73 to embrace my body. To look back and think of my beauty: How did I miss it? Let’s not wait another moment.”
― Ashley Asti
53. “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.”
— Eve Ensler
54. “We turn skeletons into goddesses and look to them as if they might teach us how not to need.”
– Marya Hornbacher
55. “Women who love themselves are threatening, but men who love real women, more so.”
– Naomi Wol
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for then Body Positivity quotes why not take a look at you are worth it quotes, or self-worth quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.