Intelligence is an important attribute that many of us strive to achieve.
Intelligence isn't defined by a set of attributes, as it can be achieved in each and every aspect of life. An intelligence quotation is any quote about opening our minds and learning more about the world around us.
Intelligence is truly beautiful, as these famous quotes about intelligence and beauty show. Read on for plenty of inspirational quotes about intelligence and beauty, thought-provoking intelligence quotes, quotes about emotional intelligence, and even some quotes about how intelligence can be bad.
Inspirational Quotes About Intelligence
Ready to find the best intelligence quotes? Here are some inspirational quotes about being intelligent to inspire you to think out of the box. Which of these intelligence quotes will inspire your intelligent mind?
1. "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, 'The Crack-Up'.
2. "The intellect is not a serious thing, and never has been. It is an instrument on which one plays, that is all."
- Frank Harris, 'Beauty, Blissfulness & Tragedy'.
3. "I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better."
- Maya Angelou.
4. "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled."
5. "Action is the real measure of intelligence."
- Napoleon Hill.
6. "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
- Saul Bellow, 'To Jerusalem And Back'.
7. "Belief is the death of intelligence."
- Robert Anton Wilson, 'Cosmic Trigger'.
8. "True intelligence operates silently. Stillness is where creativity and solutions to problems are found."
- Eckhart Tolle, 'Stillness Speaks'.
9. "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
- Henry Ford.
10. "The measure of intelligence is the ability to change."
- Albert Einstein.
11. "Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood."
- Wei Hui.
12. "An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Intelligence And Beauty Quotes
These inspirational quotes are all about emotional intelligence and how beauty can be linked with intelligence because intelligence is beautiful. Which of these intelligent quotes is the most beautiful to you?
13. "The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control emotions by the application of reason."
- Marya Mannes.
14. "Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.”
- Walter Cronkite.
15. "The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty."
- James Madison.
16. "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."
- Salvador Dali.
17. "Beauty is not who you are on the outside, it is the wisdom and time you gave away to save another struggling soul like you."
- Shannon L. Alder.
18. "If you lack emotional maturity, your ability to go far in your journey to success in leadership is very limited."
- Dele Ola, 'Be A Change Agent'.
19. "People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross.
20. "A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special."
- Nelson Mandela.
21. "No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful."
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
22. "Emotional self-awareness is the building block of the next fundamental emotional intelligence: being able to shake off a bad mood."
- Daniel Goleman, 'Emotional Intelligence'.
23. "Your intellect may be confused, but your emotions will never lie to you."
- Roger Ebert.
24. "You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace."
- Frank McCourt, 'Angela's Ashes'.
Famous Intelligence Quotes
Are you looking for more inspirational intelligence quotes? Here is a collection of intelligence quotes that are really important, these are truly inspirational quotes!
25. "Without consciousness and intelligence, the universe would lack meaning."
- Clifford D. Simak, 'Highway Of Eternity '.
26. "I would prefer an intelligent hell to a stupid paradise."
- Blaise Pascal.
27. "I can normally tell how intelligent a man is by how stupid he thinks I am."
- Cormac McCarthy, 'All The Pretty Horses'.
28. "Intelligence is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas."
- Susan Sontag.
29. "And still they gazed, and still the wonder grew, that one small head could carry all he knew."
- Oliver Goldsmith, 'The Deserted Village'.
30. "Intelligence is an accident of evolution, and not necessarily an advantage."
- Isaac Asimov.
31. "God gives us intelligence to uncover the wonders of nature. Without the gift, nothing is possible."
- James Clavell, 'André Delambr'.
32. "Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power."
33. "Intelligence is so damn rare and the people who have it often have such a bad time with it that they get bitter or propagandistic and then it's not much use.
- Ernest Hemingway.
34. "We need only travel enough to give our intellects an airing."
- Henry David Thoreau.
35. "Intelligence is not to make no mistakes, but quickly to see how to make them good."
- Bertolt Brecht.
Clever Intelligence Quotes
These intelligence quotes are all about being clever. Of all of the inspirational quotes about intelligence and beauty, these clever quotes are perhaps the most inspiring. Which of these intelligence quotes is your favorite?
36. "If I can’t picture it, I can’t understand it."
- Albert Einstein.
37. "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
- Oscar Wilde, 'The Happy Prince And Other Stories'.
38. "You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
- Naguib Mahfouz.
39. "When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people."
- Abraham Joshua Heschel.
40. "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
41. "Common sense is not so common."
42. "Passion makes idiots of the cleverest men, and makes the biggest idiots clever."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld.
43. "It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer."
- Albert Einstein.
44. "A smart man makes a mistake, learns from it, and never makes that mistake again. But a wise man finds a smart man and learns from him how to avoid the mistake altogether."
- Roy H. Williams.
45. "Intelligence is more important than strength, that is why earth is ruled by men and not by animals."
- Amit Kalantri, 'Wealth Of Words'.
46. "Being clever was when you looked at how things were and used the evidence to work out something new."
- Mark Haddon, 'The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time'.
47. "Cleverness is serviceable for everything, sufficient for nothing."
– Henri Frederic Amiel.
48. "An intellectual? Yes. And never deny it. An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself."
- Albert Camus.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for intelligence quotes, then why not take a look at these [quotes about trying] and [quotes about understanding] for more great quotes to share with family and friends?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.