A little boy in the family is one of the best things to cherish.
Bringing up little boys is truly an experience to treasure as little boys bring with them truckloads of adventure. The journey of nurturing them to adulthood is a truly special one.
To celebrate little boys every, check out these quotes about little boys and the joy they bring us.
If you loved these quotes, why not read these [quotes about little girls] and grandson quotes too?
Quotes About Little Boys And Baseball
Here are some little boy quotes that will remind you what they are made of: mischief, fun, playfulness, laughter, and lots of love.
1. "You could be a kid for as long as you want when you play baseball."
– Cal Ripken Jr.
2. "When I was a little boy, I wanted to be a baseball player and also join the circus. With the Yankees, I've accomplished both."
- Graig Nettles.
3. "You have to have a lot of little boy in you to play baseball for a living."
4. "When I was a little boy, my dream was to play baseball and leave Cuba."
- William Levy.
5. "Doctors tell me I have the body of a thirty year old. I know I have the brain of a fifteen year old. If you’ve got both, you can play baseball."
– Pete Rose.
6. "I didn’t understand anything about playing baseball... Most of my life, I played with older people on my team, in my league. I learned a lot about life. Everyday in my life, I learned something new from somebody."
– Ernie Banks.
Inspirational Quotes About Growing Up
With time, little boys grow up into accomplished men. Read through these little boy quotes that show how a good upbringing helps to make a man out of any kid.
7. "Growing up is losing some illusions, in order to acquire others."
― Virginia Woolf.
8. "I met a boy whose eyes showed me that the past, present and future were all the same thing."
- Jennifer Elisabeth.
9. "Like the changing leaves of fall, My little boy is now a man."
10. "Children do learn what they live. Then they grow up to live what they’ve learned."
― Dorothy Nolte.
11. "Then the child moved ten times round the seasons
Skated over ten clear frozen streams
Words like when you're older must appease him
And promises of someday make his dreams."
- Joni Mitchell, 'The Circle Game'.
12. "Babies control and bring up their families as much as they are controlled by them; in fact, the family brings up baby by being brought up by him."
— Erik H. Erikson.
13. "There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy’s life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure."
– Mark Twain.
14. "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
― Cindy Gerard.
15. "I enjoy walking by myself on the same paths where, as a little boy, I delighted in following my father around."
- Jimmy Carter.
16. "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."
― Phyllis Diller.
17. "Boys do not grow up gradually. They move forward in spurts like the hands of clocks in railway stations."
– Cyril Connolly.
18. "Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."
― Dr. Seuss.
19. "And as he was dreaming, an angel song
Awakened our little boy blue —
Oh! the years are many, the years are long,
But the little toy friends are true!"
- Eugene Field, 'Little Boy Blue'.
20. "When I grow up, I want to be a little boy."
– Joseph Heller.
21. "You know children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers."
― John J. Plomp.
22. "A baby is born with a need to be loved—and never outgrows it."
— Frank A. Clark.
Cute Quotes About Little Boys
These little boy quotes are loaded with immense cuteness. If you have a baby boy why not read these quotes below?
23. "A boy’s story is the best that is ever told."
– Charles Dickens.
24. "Sons are the anchors of a mother’s life."
25. "Goodness will find the little boy. It always has. It will again."
- Cormac McCarthy.
26. "There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and a son."
27. "It’s the merry-hearted boys that make the best men."
– Irish Proverb.
28. "A boy is the only thing that God can use to make a man."
29. "And she loved a little boy very, very much, even more than she loved herself."
— Shel Silverstein, 'The Giving Tree'.
30. "Let your boys test their wings. They may not be eagles, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't soar free."
― C. J. Milbrandt.
31. "Heaven on Earth is looking at my baby boy."
- Jenny McCarthy.
32. "A boy’s will is the wind’s will, and the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts."
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
33. "A boy’s best friend is his mother."
– Joseph Stefano.
34. "Mothers are inscrutable beings to their sons, always."
― A. E. Coppard.
Lovely Quotes About Little Boys Growing Up
Check out these little boy quotes that speak of laughter and the joys of having little boys around. The quotes will show you exactly what they say about little boys and how special they truly are.
35. "But boy, you're gonna love seventeen
And boy, you'll do some stupid things."
- Lee Brice, 'Boy'.
36. "Boy's natural play is rough and tumble play, it's the universal play of little boys. And it's very different from aggression. And we are a society that's failing to understand the distinction."
- Christina Hoff Sommers.
37. "The little boy who goes to the store and forgets what his mother sent him for, will probably grow up to be a congressman."
- Evan Esar.
38. "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
― Angela Schwindt.
39. "And of all the animals the boy is the most unmanageable."
40. "My mother taught me underneath a tree
And sitting down before the heat of day,
She took me on her lap and kissed me,
And pointing to the east began to say..."
- William Blake.
41. "Men at any age truly never grow up. All, no matter what importance they may have attained, are still no more than little boys."
- Diane de Poitiers.
42. "A man can never quite understand a boy, even when he has been a boy."
- Gilbert K. Chesterton.
43. "You can't see the water until you run into it. A little boy took off running through it. He got all muddy."
- Shannon O'Brien.
44. "Mischief, giggles, fun and love, that’s what little boys are made of."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about little boys then why not take a look at these family tree quotes or past, present, future quotes for more great quotes to share with the whole family?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.