Have you ever felt anxious about trying something new?
Well, setting out on a new path takes much courage and determination. It's natural to feel scared and panicky because most of the time we don't know what lies ahead.
But using the unfamiliarity to your advantage is what tenacity is all about; no matter the doubts you have regarding your new venture, a small leap of faith can sometimes take you places you'd never imagined you could go. Trying something new may seem like an impossible feat to achieve, but with right amount of will and faith, you can be sure that success is on the horizon.
Here are some try new things quotes to motivate you in your journey.
Keep Trying Quotes For When You're Setting Out On A New Path
Want to try new things? These inspiring quotes about trying new things will give you all the confidence you need to keep moving forward.
1. “I realized something on the ride. I realized if I wait until I’m not scared to try new things, then I’ll never get to try them at all.”
- Marie Sexton.
2. “Be fearless in trying new things, whether they are physical, mental, or emotional, since being afraid can challenge you to go to the next level.”
- Rita Wilson.
3. "Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
4. “What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?”
- Vincent van Gogh.
5. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- Walt Disney.
6. “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.”
- Theodore Levitt.
7. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
- Neale Donald Walsch.
8. “The courage to try something new makes me proud.”
- Jane Pauley.
9. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
10. “You can only grow if you're willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.”
- Brian Tracy.
11. “Life is trying things to see if they work.”
- Ray Bradbury.
12. “The doer alone learneth.”
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
13. “To learn something new, you need to try new things and not be afraid to be wrong.”
- Roy T. Bennett.
14. "You're never a loser until you quit trying."
- Mike Ditka.
15. “You never know what you can do until you try, and very few try unless they have to.”
- C. S. Lewis.
16. “Be proud of yourself. Be proud that your heart and intentions are good. Be proud of the fact that you are trying.”
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
17. "I like to challenge myself and I like to try new things."
- Jessica Lucas.
18. "You never know what you can do till you try."
- William Cobbett.
19. “You will enrich your life immeasurably if you approach it with a sense of wonder and discovery, and always challenge yourself to try new things.”
- Nate Berkus.
20. "Everyone always says never give up but you really have to take that to heart and really do never definitely give up. Keep trying"
- Serena Williams.
21. "To live an art-filled life, one must be willing to try new things & accept that things change."
- Lee Hammond.
22. "Trying is always enough."
- Patricia Briggs.
23. "Just try new things. Don't be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar, all right?"
- Michelle Obama.
24. "Open yourself to new ideas and new things even if you find you don’t like them in the end – but at least knowing them has taken you that much further along into being a more experienced and well-rounded person in this world."
- Josh Barnett.
25. "'T is a lesson you should heed,
Try, try again;
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try again;"
- William Edward Hickson.
26. “Set your target and keep trying until you reach it.”
- Napoleon Hill.
Quotes About Trying Your Best
Not feeling motivated enough? Check out these try your best quotes and never give up!
27. "Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."
- Ella Fitzgerald.
28. "If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges."
- Pat Riley.
29. "It is not enough to do your best; you must know what to do, and then do your best."
- W. Edwards Deming.
30. "Perfection is impossible; just strive to do your best."
- Angela Watson.
31. “If you work hard and you do your best, you can do anything.”
- Erin Heatherton.
32. “Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.”
- Don Miguel Ruiz.
33. "A problem is a chance for you to do your best."
- Duke Ellington.
34. “Life doesn’t require that we be the best, only that we try our best.”
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
35. "Life is worthwhile if you try. It doesn't mean you can do everything but there are a lot of things you can do, if you just try. Try your best."
- Jim Rohn.
Success And Failure Quotes To Push You To Try New Things
Success and failure are the part and parcels of life and these quotes reiterate the importance of trying new things and never quitting.
36. "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
- Thomas A. Edison.
37. "The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. It's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere."
- Barack Obama.
38. "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill.
39. "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts."
- Winston Churchill.
40. "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
- Og Mandino.
41. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.”
- Beverly Sills.
42. “Those who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try nothing and succeed.”
- Lloyd Jones.
43. “Success is achieved and maintained by those who try, and keep trying, for there is nothing to lose by trying and a great deal to gain if successful.”
- W. Clement Stone.
44. “The unwillingness to try is worse than any failure.”
- Nikki Giovanni.
45. "With a defeat, when you lose, you get up, you make it better, you try again."
- Serena Williams.
46. “If I fail, I try again, and again, and again.”
- Nick Vujicic.
47. "The hallmark of successful people is that they are always stretching themselves to learn new things."
- Carol S. Dweck.
48. “Failure isn’t something to be embarrassed about; it’s just proof that you’re pushing your limits, trying new things, daring to innovate.”
- Gavin Newsom.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about trying then why not take a look at quotes about understanding, or [quotes on compassion]
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.