Sometimes reading a few quotes on how to love yourself is all you need to boost your self esteem, self worth and self respect.
Everyone needs to be reminded of their worth every so often, and these self worth quotes for self confidence will certainly help you know your worth. These quotes about self love are perfect for any mood.
In order to know your own self worth, you can repeat these know your worth quotes to yourself, perhaps even whilst looking in the mirror. Repeating these quotes on being yourself will instill more confidence in you and help you stay true to yourself.
If you are looking for beautiful quotes about loving yourself, you will find know your worth quotes, self worth quotes, inspirational quotes for those with low self esteem and lots more lovely quotes for yourself in this list. And, if you like these know your worth quotes, check out these you are worth it quotes and self worth quotes for more inspirational quotes about self worth.
Self Love Quotes
These inspirational quotes on self worth can serve as words of affirmation for knowing your worth. Loving yourself quotes are powerful for your self worth and reading just one can make you feel more confident each day. So why not read these being in love with yourself quotes and knowing your worth quotes to embrace your true worth?
1. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.”
- Brene Brown.
2. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
3. “You are free, you are powerful, you are good, you are love, you have value, you have a purpose.”
- Abraham Hicks.
4. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.”
- Venus Williams.
5. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
6. “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.”
- Princess Diana.
7. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.”
- Maya Angelou.
8. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.”
- Andrea Dykstra.
9. “There is no sense in punishing your future for the mistakes of your past. Forgive yourself, grow from it, and then let it go.”
- Melanie Koulouris.
10. “Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.”
- Wayne Dyer.
11. “Beauty begins the moment you decided to be yourself.”
- Coco Chanel.
12. “Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.”
- Harvey Fierstein.
13. “Self-love doesn’t mean that everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. It means that you won’t let them change the way you see yourself; nor will you stick around for them to destroy you.”
- Tony A. Gaskins Jr.
14. “Be healthy, take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”
15. “When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.”
- Jean Shinoda Bolen.
16. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions… Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.”
- Tina Fey.
17. “If you don’t love yourself, nobody will.”
- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.
18. “Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.”
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
19. “Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.”
- Louise Hay.
20. “Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have.”
- Parker Palmer.
21. “I am not looking to escape my darkness, I’m learning to love myself here.”
- Rune Lazuli.
22. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.”
- Shannon L Alder.
23. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.”
- Pema Chodron.
24. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line.”
- Lucille Ball.
25. “The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.”
- Diane Von Furstenberg.
26. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”
27. “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.”
- Alan Cohen.
28. “Love yourself... Enough to cut yourself loose from the drama-filled past, enough to set a high standard for relationships, enough to feed your mind and body in a healthy manner, enough to forgive yourself, enough to move on.”
- Steve Maraboli.
29. “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it.”
— Anna Taylor.
30. “It’s all about falling in love with yourself and sharing that love with someone who appreciates you, rather than looking for love to compensate for a self-love deficit.”
– Eartha Kitt.
31. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people.”
- Dan Pearce.
32. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.”
— Oscar Wilde.
33. “A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.”
— Haruki Murakami.
34. “I must undertake to love myself and to respect myself as though my very life depends upon self-love and self-respect.”
— Maya Angelou.
35. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not going to let myself pull me down anymore.”
― C. JoyBell C.
36. “One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others.”
— bell hooks.
37. “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.”
— Rupi Kaur.
38. “Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.”
― Karl Lagerfeld.
39. “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.”
40.” When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy.”
— Kim McMillen.
41. “Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be.”
― Jennifer Elisabeth.
42. “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear.”
— Beau Taplin.
43. “Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.”
— Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
44. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can't accept who you are.”
― Turcois Ominek.
45. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”
— Roy T. Bennett.
46. “Whenever I am in a difficult situation where there seems to be no way out, I think about all the times I have been in such situations and say to myself, 'I did it before, so I can do it again'.”
― Idowu Koyenikan.
47. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.”
— Sandra Bierig.
48. “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.”
— Wayne W. Dyer.
Being True To Yourself Quotes
These being who you are quotes will remind you to remain true to yourself and to let no one put you down. Quotes about self worthiness will boost low self esteem and increase your confidence. Whether you are looking for "be who you are" quotes or inspirational "for yourself quotes", these self worth quotes will hopefully teach you to know your worth!
49. “Being yourself means shedding all the layers of looking good, wanting to be liked, being scared to stand out, and trying to be who you think people want you to be.”
— Jeff Moore.
50. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson.
51. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.”
— Bernard M. Baruch.
52. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”
— Maya Angelou.
53. “We all wear masks, and the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing some of our own skin.”
— Andre Berthiaume.
54. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.”
— Judy Garland.
55. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.”
— E.E. Cummings.means
56. “The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
— Friedrich Nietzsche.
57. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
— Mahatma Gandhi.
58. “Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else’s opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.”
– Oscar Wilde.
59. “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress, and the way to live.”
– Gianni Versace.
60. “I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence.”
– Frederick Douglass.
61. “To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.”
– William Shakespeare.
62. “Take care not to listen to anyone who tells you what you can and can’t be in life.”
– Meg Medina.
63. “We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us.”
– Virginia Satir.
64. “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
– Marilyn Monroe.
65. “Learn to… be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not.”
– Henri Frederic Amiel.
66. "You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
- Lucille Ball.
67. “Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.”
– Benjamin Disraeli.
68. “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, but you also have an obligation to be one.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt.
69. “If God had wanted me otherwise, He would have created me otherwise.”
– Johann von Goethe.
70. “At the bottom, every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche.
71. “Taking into account the public’s regrettable lack of taste, it is incumbent upon you not to fit in.”
– Janeane Garofalo.
72. “How many more of us are pretending to be something we’re not? Even better, how many of us will have the courage to be ourselves regardless of what others think?”
– Katie McGarry.
73. “Just be you. I’ll be me. And we’ll meet somewhere in the middle.”
― Claire Cullen.
74. “Do not dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you.”
– Steve Maraboli.
75. “For every one person who praises you, there are a hundred who would criticize you. Heed neither the one nor the hundred. It is your own opinion that truly matters.”
― Richelle E. Goodrich.
76. “Be you, be true to your word. Don't sell yourself short, and don't waste your life worrying.”
― Sam Owen.
77. “Sometimes, being true to yourself means changing your mind. The self changes, and you follow.”
― Vera Nazarian.
78. “You can't hide who you truly are, it will only cause you pain.”
― Claire Cullen.
79. “Don't let them break you... don't let them tell you who you are.”
― Laura Jane Grace.
80. “It takes tremendous courage, to be honest, and true to yourself.”
― Debasish Mridha.
81. “Trust yourself, make the choice, and take the risk to be true to your heart, it will always work out in the most beautiful of ways when you leave behind doubt and take the hand of courage.”
― Mimi Novic.
82. “Try not to become a copy of someone else. Not even a perfect copy. Originals are always honored over duplicates.”
― Edmond Mbiaka.
83. “Your ideal life is your real life. Be true to yourself and honor your preferences.”
― Maria Erving.
84. “Just keep being true to yourself, if you're passionate about something go for it.”
― Blake Lewis.
85. “Whatever you do, don't let anybody talk you into doing something about the way you look ever.”
― John Casablancas.
86. “We may meet so many people along this long road, but it is of no use until we finally meet ourselves.”
― Mimi Novic.
87. “We must dare to be originals for we have only one life to live. Living a life that placates other people is fool’s gold.”
― Kilroy J. Oldster.
88. “In my attempt to forget my painful past, I almost forgot who I was.”
― Innocent Mwatsikesimbe.
89. “It's not easy being yourself because it can invite envy and attention. But if you hide your authentic self from the rest of the world, a unique life will pass you by. There is splendor in being true to yourself.”
― Margot Datz.
90. “One must daringly respond to the call of autonomy in order to escape a caged-in life of attachment, desolation, trepidation, and self-destruction.”
― Kilroy J. Oldster.
91. “Remain true to your values. If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything.”
― Frank Sonnenberg.
92. “Just be true to yourself, know what you want, listen to yourself, or, when right, your aunt.”
― Ari Gunzburg.
93. “Be true to yourself. Listen to your inner call and live life to the fullest. The flower focuses on the sunlight instead of the thorns that lie around it. Our life too is made beautiful by what we choose to focus upon.”
― Sanchita Pandey.
94. “Self-love can only be achieved by living an authentic life. It’s not possible to truly love and accept yourself when you are not being true to yourself.”
― Anthon St. Maarten.
95. “Some people around you will not understand your journey. They don’t need to; it’s not for them.”
- Paulo Coelho.
96. “If you desire to make a difference in the world, you must be different from the world.”
- Elaine S. Dalton.
Inspirational Quotes On Being Yourself
Inspirational quotes about yourself can also serve as love of self quotes to further encourage the process of knowing your worth. You can send your friend or family these you are worth it quotes to make sure they know their true worth. Here you will also find some quotes about self confidence, these inspirational quotes aim to build your self esteem until you truly know your worth. Which is your favorite quote on being yourself?
97. “The pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.”
– Winston Churchill.
98. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.”
– Napoleon Hill.
99. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.”
- Helen Keller.
100 ."Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.”
- Bill Bradley.
101. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.”
– Steve Jobs.
102. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.”
– Florence Nightingale.
103. “When ordinary people decide to step out and be part of something big, that’s when they become extraordinary.”
- Brett Harris.
104. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
– Rob Siltanen.
105. “Life is about making an impact, not making an income.”
— Kevin Kruse.
106. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
- Zig Ziglar.
107. “Words can inspire, thoughts can provoke, but only actions truly brings you closer to your dreams.”
— Brad Sugars.
108. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
– Og Mandino.
109. “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career... I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
– Michael Jordan.
110. “I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
- Jimmy Dean.
111. “Having a specific meaning and purpose in your life helps to encourage you towards living a fulfilling and inspired life.”
- Vic Johnson.
112. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.”
– Maya Angelou.
113. “Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement.”
– W. Clement Stone.
114. “No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.”
- Demi Lovato.
115. “Embrace the present moment fully and with passion, because only through the present moment do we truly live.”
- Richard L. Haight.
116. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.”
– Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
117. “Life isn't about getting and having, it's about giving and being.”
– Kevin Kruse.
118. “It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome.”
- William James.
119. “Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision.”
- Peter F Drucker.
120. “We generate fears while we sit. We overcome them by action.”
– Dr. Henry Link.
121. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
- Albert Einstein.
122. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking.”
- Steve Jobs.
123. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.”
– Mark Twain.
124. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right.”
– Henry Ford.
125. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
– Alice Walker.
126. “The man who has confidence in himself gains the confidence of others.”
– Hasidic Proverb.
127. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
– Steve Jobs.
128. “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110% all the time.”
– Don Zimmer.
129. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
– Christopher Columbus.
130.“Develop an attitude of gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.”
– Brian Tracy.
131. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.”
– Jim Rohn.
132. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
– C.S. Lewis.
133. “The future belongs to the competent. Get good, get better, be the best!”
– Brian Tracy.
134. “Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.”
- Ella Fitzgerald.
135. “When you see the world through serene eyes, you generate peace wherever you go.”
- Jerry Dorsman and Bob Davis.
136. “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible!'”
- Audrey Hepburn.
137. “The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have.”
- Yiddish Proverb.
138. “Try to be a rainbow in someone else's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou.
139. “For every dream that you have, your week needs to match that dream.”
- Eric Thomas.
140. “Inspiration comes from within yourself... When you're positive, good things happen.”
- Deep Roy.
141. “Instead of letting your hardships and failures discourage or exhaust you, let them inspire you.”
- Michelle Obama.
142. "You must do the things you think you cannot do.”
- Eleanor Roosevelt.
143. “It always seems impossible until it's done.”
- Nelson Mandela.
144. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
- George Eliot.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of inspirational quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our inspirational worth quotes and self worth quotes and want to find more, check out these you matter quotes and be true to yourself quotes for more self worth quotes to discover your true worth!
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.