Nursing is one of the best professions which needs great intelligence, motivation, and determination.
Nursing students can find it hard sometimes, and the nursing education course is quite challenging. Nurses deserve all the love and respect for doing what they do.
Nursing quotes are a compilation of words of appreciation towards nurses and their selfless service. The list below has some of the best nursing quotes, nursing friendships quotes, and various uplifting nurse quote. Nursing quotes and nurse quote are the best way to inspire and appreciate the nurses, as they are always there for our aid. A good nurse quote will help regular people understand the worth of nursing.
Inspirational Nurse Quotes And Sayings
Listed below are some inspirational quotes, funny nurse quotes and sayings, and stories about working in a hospital as a nurse. It is about the women and men in the field of medicine and about their kind work for humanity.
1. "Every nurse was drawn to nursing because of a desire to care, to serve, or to help."
- Christina Feist.
2. "Nurses are there when the last breath is taken, and nurses are there when the first breath is taken."
3. "As a nurse, we have the opportunity to heal the mind, soul, heart, and body of our patients, their families, and ourselves."
– Maya Angelou.
4. "To do what nobody else will do, in a way that nobody else can do, in spite of all we go through…that is what it is to be a nurse."
– Rawsi Williams.
5. "Nurses are always there; you care for us from the earliest years. You look after us in our happiest and saddest times."
-Duchess Kate Middleton.
6. "Remember, nurses are like icebergs. At any one time, you are only seeing what they are actually doing."
– Ian Miller.
7. "Nurses are a unique kind. They have this insatiable need to care for others, which is both their biggest strength and fatal flaw."
– Dr. Jean Watson.
8. "A nurse will always give us hope, an angel with a stethoscope."
– Carrie Latet.
9. "Being a nurse means to hold all your own tears and start drawing smiles on people's faces."
– Dana Basem.
10. "Nurses have come a long way in a few short decades. In the past, our attention focused on physical, mental, and emotional healing. Now we talk of healing your life, healing the environment, and healing the planet."
– Lynn Keegan, 'The Nurse As Healer'.
11. "The nurse is temporarily the consciousness of the unconscious, the love of life for the suicidal, the leg of the amputee, the eyes of the newly blind, a means of locomotion for the infant, the knowledge and confidence of the young mother, and a voice for those too weak to speak."
– Virginia Henderson, 'Basic Principles Of Nursing Care'.
12. "The hours are long, the work hard, and the pay inadequate to the amount of concentrated energy required. A nurse, however, does not view her profession dispassionately."
– Monica Dickens.
Best Quotes About Nurses
These inspirational nurse quote will help you experience the influence of nurse during a panic business day and how they handle situations calmly.
13. "Nurses — one of the few blessings of being ill."
– Sara Moss-Wolfe.
14. "It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly."
– Stephen Ambrose.
15. "Constant attention by a good nurse may be just as important as a major operation by a surgeon."
16. "Bound by paperwork, short on hands, sleep, and energy… nurses are rarely short on caring."
17. "Every nurse is an angel with a key for a healthy community! All in caring for a person is part of the nursing soul."
18. "The trained nurse has become one of the great blessings of humanity, taking a place beside the physician and the priest."
– William Osler.
19. "A nurse dispense comfort, compassion, and caring without even a prescription."
– Val Saintsbury.
20. "And what nursing has to do in either case is to put the patient in the best condition for nature to act upon him."
-Florence Nightingale, 'Notes on Nursing'.
21. "No matter how difficult the days may get, don't forget the reason you became a nurse."
22. "I was taught that the most hardworking nurse is found at the dirtiest part of the clinical ward."
― Israelmore Ayivor.
23. "Our job as nurses is to cushion the sorrow and celebrate the job, every day, while we are 'just doing our jobs."
24. "Nursing is a damn tough job. And the people who do it are tougher. And somehow still remain saints."
25. "Nurses are the heart of healthcare."
- Donna Wilk Cardillo.
26. "What angels are to the sad, nurses are to the sick."
― Amit Kalantri, 'Wealth Of Words'.
Amazing Quotes For Nurses
Nursing quotes help the nursing students me and women to uplift their mood after a tiring day at their education center. There are some funny nurse quotes based on the nurse's funny experience in their field. These can be used as funny quotes for nurses, if you like to be active on Facebook, you can also use these as funny nurse quotes for Facebook.
27. "I attribute my success to this; I never gave nor took any excuse."
28. "Nursing is a progressive art such that to stand still is to go backwards."
29. "Nurses serve their patients in the most important capacities. We know that they serve as our first lines of communication when something goes wrong or when we are concerned about health."
– Lois Capps.
30. "As nurses, we know suffering. We are fully aware of how precious each moment of life is."
– Patricia Bratianu.
31. "We often think of nursing as giving meds on time, checking an X–ray to see if the doctor needs to be called, or taking an admission at 2:00 a.m. with a smile on our faces. Too often, we forget all the other things that make our job what it truly is: caring and having a desire to make a difference."
– Erin Pettengill.
32. "A nurse is compassion in scrubs."
– Lexie Saige.
33. "Nurses encompasses an art, a humanistic orientation, a feeling for the value of the individual, and an intuitive sense of ethics, and of the appropriateness of action taken."
34. "Nursing: Expose yourself to rare, exotic, and exciting new diseases!"
35. "There will always be a nurse who does more than required and cares more than they're supposed to."
36. "You're going to be there when a lot of people are born and when a lot of people die. Such moments are regarded as sacred and private, made special by a divine presence. What an honor it is to be a nurse."
37. "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestation of strength and resolution."
38. "Nurses quietly go about their work in a noble profession, uncelebrated soldiers toiling through the days and nights in service to the sick, the injured and the dying."
– Steve Lopez.
39. "Nurses never tell you what they know. They're hired for their cheeriness and the thickness of their hair. They need to look alive and healthy, to give the patients something to aim for."
– Jenny Downham, 'Before I Die'.
Hero Nurse Quotes
The kind nurses are the hero we all need; these nursing quotes are the best way to understand more about them and their business of work. The situation and the courses in which these people work is quite stressful; these quotes have a sense of humor that will help to lighten up the mood and actions a little just before their shift starts. You will find some nurses humor quotes here.
40. "When I think about all the patients and their loved ones, I have worked with over the years, I know most of them don't remember me, nor I them. But I do know that I gave a little piece of myself to each of them, and they to me, and those threads make up the tapestry that is my career in nursing."
– Donna Wilk Cardillo.
41. "When you are a nurse, you know that everyday you will touch a life or a life will touch yours."
42. "Be the nurse you would want as a patient."
43. "If you can't figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For passion will lead you right into your purpose."
-Bishop T.D Jakes.
44. "It would not be possible to praise nurses too highly. "
— Stephen Ambrose.
45. "A caress, a smile, is full of meaning for one who is sick. It is a simple gesture, but encouraging, he or she feels accompanied, feels closer to being healed, feels like a person, not a number."
- Pope Francis.
46. "Nursing is an art: and if it is to be made an art, it requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation as any painter's or sculptor's work."
47. "Whether a person is a male or female, a nurse is a nurse."
– Gary Veale.
48. "Nurses help people. And in doing so, we receive the unmatched satisfaction of knowing that we have made a difference to patients and their families."
– Dawn Marino.
49. "The longer I'm in the profession, the more experiences shape my life, the more amazing colleagues influence me, the more I see the micro and macro power of nursing."
– Joni Watson.
50. "Nursing is rarely boring or predictable. In few other professions, we are present at life's most momentous events, from birth to death, from crisis to recovery."
– Diane Barnet.
51. "Always thank your nurse. Sometimes they're the only one between you and a hearse. "
52. "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
– Leo Buscaglia.
53. "I may be compelled to face danger, but never fear it, and while our soldiers can stand and fight, I can stand and feed and nurse them."
– Clara Barton.
54. "Just so you know, doctors are here to diagnose, not heal. We heal."
—Edie Falco, 'Nurse Jackie'.
55. "How can anybody hate nurses? Nobody hates nurses. The only time you hate a nurse is when they're giving you an enema."
56. "Real Heroes are those who risk their lives to save lives."
― Mouloud Benzadi.
Famous Nursing Quotes
A few of these best inspirational nursing quotes by famous people will help any nursing student get through hectic nursing school.
57. "You treat a disease: you win, you lose. You treat a person; I guarantee you win—no matter the outcome."
—Robin Williams, 'Patch Adams'.
58. "Let us never consider ourselves finished, nurses. We must be learning all of our lives."
59. "Nurses are the hospitality of the hospital."
60. "The hospital will never be healthy for patients if it's not a healthy environment for nurses."
61. "Nursing is one of the Fine Arts: I had almost said the finest of Fine Arts."
62. "The amount of relief and comfort experienced by the sick after the skin has been carefully washed and dried is one of the commonest observations made at a sick bed."
63. "It's just like nurses in a hospital tend to know more than the doctors most of the time."
-Jodi Picoult, 'House Rules'.
64. "You don't build a house without its foundation. You don't build a hospital without its Nurses."
65. "However, there is a large amount of bravery in a nurse break dancing at the hospital's Christmas party."
66. "The most important thing that I learned from a decade of using the medical profession is that you need to supervise your doctors."
67. "I know I will always be a nurse. My roots in nursing are strong and deep."
― Laurie Barkin, 'The Comfort Garden'.
Kindness And Service Nursing Quotes
A good nursing quote makes your work shift a little less hectic and stressful. These nursing quotes are give us a way to say thank you to nurses for the right reasons.
68. "Her dream of becoming a nurse was no ordinary yearning: it was the product of a desire as richly and completely imagined as a novel or a poem."
-Amitav Ghosh, 'The Hungry Tide'.
69. "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others."
70. "Every nurse is an Angel with a key for healthy community! All in caring for patients is part of nursing soul! "
– Aleksandar Radenovi.
71. "Fill your mind with truth. Fill your heart with love. Fill your life with service."
—Thomas S. Monson.
72. "Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to impress. Don't strive to make your presence noticed; just make your presence felt."
Nursing Quotes As Captions
These funny nurse quotes are best suited as captions for your social media posts. It will help you realize how nurses are vital in patient' life.
73. "Every nurse ought to be careful to wash her hands very frequently during the day. If her face, too, so much the better."
74. "God appoints our graces to be nurses to other men's weaknesses."
-Henry Ward Beecher.
75. "Nursing is not just an art; it has a heart. Nursing is not just a science, but it has a conscience."
76. "Rejoice in your work; never lose sight of the nursing leader you are now and the nursing leader you will become."
77. "Panic plays no part in the training of a nurse."
– Elizabeth Kenny.
78. "Ladies tell their nurses things in a sudden burst of confidence, and then, afterwards, they feel uncomfortable about it and wish they hadn't! It's only human nature."
― Agatha Christie, 'Murder In Mesopotamia'.
79. "It is impossible to describe exactly what I learn, though I know it lies somewhere between science and art. It is all about the smallest details and understanding how they make the biggest difference."
― Christie Watson, 'The Language Of Kindness'.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for funny nurse quotes, then why not take a look at [feel better quotes], or [comfort quotes].
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.