Unity is one of the greatest assets that is required for a prosperous society.
We have often heard statements like united we stand, divided we fall. Being united helps us focus on one particular goal much more efficiently.
The importance of unity can be found throughout the lessons of history in freedom movements as well as in our day to day lives. We all are different as individuals in many ways. To add to this we humans have created bridges of religion, race and creed within us. These have led to innumerable hurdles unsettling our civilization. Unity conquers these issues and gives us the confidence that we all are one. Equality is the essence of progress and thus unity is mandatory. Here are some of the best unity in diversity quotes to help you see what being united can do.
Famous Quotes About Unity
Here are some famous quotes about unity and togetherness that answer why unity is so important.
1. "Unity, not uniformity, must be our aim. We attain unity only through variety. Differences must be integrated, not annihilated, not absorbed."
- Mary Parker Follett.
2. "We cannot be separated in interest or divided in purpose. We stand together until the end."
– Woodrow T. Wilson.
3. “The significance which is in unity is an eternal wonder.”
- Rabindranath Tagore.
4. "Unity is strength, division is weakness."
- Swahili Proverb.
5. "There is beauty and power in unity. We must be united in heart and mind. One world, one people.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
6. "Unity, to be real, must stand the severest strain without breaking."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
7. "There is more power in unity than division."
- Emanuel Cleaver.
8. “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack. ”
- Rudyard Kipling.
Inspirational Quotes About Unity
Here you will find inspirational quotes about unity and togetherness that preach how important being united is.
9. "Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization."
- Mahatma Gandhi.
10. “So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.”
11. "Only humility will lead us to unity, and unity will lead to peace."
- Mother Teresa.
12. "Even the weak become strong when they are united."
- Friedrich Schiller.
13. "No doubt unity is something to be desired, to be striven for, but it cannot be willed by mere declarations."
- Theodore Bikel.
14. “Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.”
- Mattie Stepanek.
15. "Find the good. Seek the Unity. Ignore the divisions among us."
Here you will find quotes about similarities and differences in humanity.
16. "In diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
- Maya Angelou.
17. "Diversity: the art of thinking independently together."
- Malcolm Forbes.
18. "The greater the diversity, the greater the perfection."
- Thomas Berry.
19. "I resolutely believe that respect for diversity is a fundamental pillar in the eradication of racism, xenophobia and intolerance. There is no excuse for evading the responsibility of finding the most suitable path toward the elimination of any expression of discrimination against indigenous peoples."
- Rigoberta Menchu.
20. "In crucial things, unity. In important things, diversity. In all things, generosity.".
- George H. W. Bush.
21. "We are all different, which is great because we are all unique. Without diversity, life would be very boring."
- Catherine Pulsifer.
22. "Uniformity is not nature's way; diversity is nature's way."
- Vandana Shiva.
23. "Our cultural strength has always been derived from our diversity of understanding and experience."
- Yo Yo Ma.
24. "The war we have to wage today has only one goal, and that is to make the world safe for diversity."
- U Thant.
25. "Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired."
- Robert Kennedy.
26. "Difference is of the essence of humanity. Difference is an accident of birth and it should therefore never be the source of hatred or conflict. The answer to difference is to respect it. Therein lies a most fundamental principle of peace: respect for diversity."
- John Hume.
27. "If we wish to ensure everyone’s peace and happiness we need to cultivate a healthy respect for the diversity of our peoples and cultures, founded on an understanding of this fundamental sameness of all human beings."
- Dalai Lama.
28. "The dynamism of any diverse community depends not only on the diversity itself but on promoting a sense of belonging among those who formerly would have been considered and felt themselves outsiders."
- Sonia Sotomayor.
29. "We must embrace our differences, even celebrate our diversity. We must glory in the fact that God created each of us as unique human beings. God created us different, but God did not create us for separation."
- Desmond Tutu.
30. "We need to give each other the space to grow, to be ourselves, to exercise our diversity. We need to give each other space so that we may both give and receive such beautiful things as ideas, openness, dignity, joy, healing, and inclusion."
- Max De Pree.
31. "The diversity of the phenomena of nature is so great, and the treasures hidden in the heavens so rich, precisely in order that the human mind shall never be lacking in fresh nourishment."
- Johannes Kepler.
32. "Unfortunately, nature seems unaware of our intellectual need for convenience and unity, and very often takes delight in complication and diversity."
- Santiago Ramon Cajal.
33. "A leader these days needs to be a host - one who convenes diversity; who convenes all viewpoints in creative processes where our mutual intelligence can come forth."
- Margaret J. Wheatley.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the article on quotes about unity then why not take a look at quotes about understanding, or [quotes on compassion]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.