A community is a group of people who share similar interests and share a sense of belonging for one another.
Communities are majorly formed by people who work towards a similar goal that is generally for the needy section of the society. Community services are a true illustration of a selfless act of kindness.
Community services are truly worthy of appreciation and in a community, every member grows and comes to know their true purpose. Besides perpetual growth, every person finds a sense of belonging and a sense of togetherness. A community demonstrates unity and diversity and also inspires everyone to be a part of communities and do perform an act of kindness. These community quotes won't leave you disappointed but rather will drain every sense of loneliness and add sparks of motivation.
Community Quotes To Bring Us Together
Here is a collection of community quotes that will never let you feel alone rather remind you of your worth. Check out the best community quotes below.
1. "We don't heal in isolation, but in community."
- S. Kelley Harrell, 'Gift Of The Dreamtime'.
2. "The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members."
- Coretta Scott King.
3. "The freedom of affluence opposes and contradicts the freedom of community life."
- Wendell Berry, 'The Art Of The Commonplace'.
4. "Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together."
- Paul Ryan.
5. "The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital."
– Mark Hyman.
6. "What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured."
- Kurt Vonnegut, 'Palm Sunday'.
Quotes On Giving Back To Community
Community services do a lot of selfless acts for the ones in need, so these quotes listed below will inspire and remind them about the importance of their presence.
7. "We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community."
- Dorothy Day, 'The Long Loneliness'.
8. "I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."
- Mother Teresa.
9. "Community is a sign that love is possible in a materialistic world where people so often either ignore or fight each other."
- Jean Vanier, 'Community And Growth'.
10. "We were born to unite with our fellow men, and to join in community with the human race."
– Marcus Tullius Cicero.
11. "No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main."
– John Donne, 'No Man Is An Island'.
12. "There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals."
- Idowu Koyenikan, 'Wealth For All'.
Quotes On Building Community
Building a community that shares a common environment and interests for the welfare of people is special and selfless. So these quotes will inspire people to build and maximize the act of kindness.
13. "In every community there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart there is the power to do it."
- Marianne Williamson.
14. "When we have inner peace, we can be at peace with those around us. When our community is in a state of peace, it can share that peace with neighboring communities."
- Dalai Lama.
15. "Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on."
- Robert Kennedy.
16. "One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone."
- Shannon L. Alder.
17. "Man is still as he was, is still brutal, violent, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive and has built a society along these lines."
- Jiddu Krishnamurti, 'Zeitgeist'.
18. "Every human activity can be put at the service of the divine and of love. We should all exercise our gift to build community."
- Jean Vanier, 'Community And Growth'.
Quotes On Christian Community
Christian community is a community where people share the same religion that is Christianity. So here are Christian community quotes to make you understand the importance of kindness and connection.
19. "A Christian community should do as Jesus did: propose and not impose. Its attraction must lie in the radiance cast by the love of brothers."
- Jean Vanier, 'Community And Growth'.
20. "Christian nonviolence must be embodied in a community that is an alternative to the world's violence."
- Stanley Hauerwas.
21. "Each of us must rededicate ourselves to serving the common good. We are a community. Our individual Fates are linked; our futures intertwined; and if we act in that knowledge and in that spirit together, as the Bible says: 'We can move mountains.'"
- Jimmy Carter.
22. "Those who love their dream of a Christian community more than they love the Christian community itself become destroyers of that Christian community even though their personal intentions may be ever so honest, earnest and sacrificial."
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
23. "I was taken by the power that savoring a simple cup of coffee can have to connect people and create community."
- Howard Schultz.
24. "I think Jesus is divine love manifest on Earth, as it comes through the community of Christians."
- Anne Lamott.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes on community then why not take a look at quotes about humility, or [quotes about intelligence].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.