To know your worth is to understand what you are.
It also means to be able to understand what you are capable of doing. People often suffer from lack of self belief which in turn destroys their confidence.
Lack of self belief leads to failure and can upset everything. People often fail to achieve success despite talent if their suffer from inadequate self belief. Therefore it is always essential to know and realize your self worth. Many people find it harder letting go of self-esteem issues deep inside them, as they keep holding onto some derogatory things thrown at them rather than knowing the true value of themselves or the true worth within.
If you like this article, check out you are enough quotes and [you are great quotes]
Best Know Your Worth Quotes
Here are some of the best know your worth quotes and inspirational quotes. You will also find when and what it means to know your worth quotes.
1."Know your worth! People always act like they're doing more for you than you're doing for them."
2. "Self-worth comes from one thing - thinking that you are worthy."
3. "Too easy to get = Just as easy to forget."
4. "When you start seeing your worth, you'll find it harder to stay around people who don't."
5. "For what it’s worth... it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit. Start whenever you want. You can change or stay the same."
-'The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button'.
6. "Don’t try to prove anything about yourself to anyone. It isn’t necessary. Your worth shines through to others- know your worth."
7. "It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being."
-John Joseph Powell.
8. "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it."
– Maya Angelou.
9. "Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her."
― Lao Tzu.
10. "Never settle for anything less than you want."
11. "We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves."
12. "When you understand that your self-worth is not determined by your net-worth, then you’ll have financial freedom."
— Suze Orman.
13. "The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course."
14. "The moment you feel you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk away."
15. "Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
– Norman Vincent Peale.
16. "Know your worth, hold your own power, be you."
– Morgan Harper Nichols.
17. "You must find the courage to leave the table if respect is no longer being served."
– Tene Edwards.
18. "Self-worth is everything. Without it, life is a misery."
– Julie Walters.
19. "Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it."
– M. Scott Peck.
Inspirational Self Worth Quotes
In this category you will find know your self worth quotes which can really inspire you in life. You will also find know your worth career quotes, know your worth in a relationship quotes and ladies know your worth quotes. These know your worth quotes will give you the ability to see your worth and live life to the fullest.
20. "Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable."
– Wendy Wasserstein.
21. "If you had to choose only two qualities to get you through times of change, the first should be a sense of self-worth and the second a sense of humor."
- Jennifer James.
22. "With realization of one’s own potential and self-confidence in one’s ability, one can build a better world."
23. "If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is too."
- T. Harv Eker.
24. "It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures."
– Oprah Winfrey.
25. "Self-talk reflects your innermost feelings."
― Dr. Asa Don Brown.
26. "Every word, facial expression, gesture, or action on the part of a parent gives the child some message about self-worth. It is sad that so many parents don't realize what messages they are sending."
- Virginia Satir.
27. "Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend."
28. "Love of others and love of ourselves are not alternatives. On the contrary, an attitude of love towards themselves will be found in all those who are capable of loving others."
- Erich Fromm.
29. "The journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path."
- Soledad O'Brien.
30. "You need never feel inferior. You need never feel that you were born without talents or without opportunities to give them expression."
- Gordon B. Hinckley.
31. "It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him."
32. "As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live."
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
33. "Women must learn to find self-worth within themselves, not through others. It is important to carve out a place just for you."
– Georgette Mosbacher.
34."One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered."
- Michael J. Fox.
35. "Love yourself and be awake - today, tomorrow, always. First establish yourself in the way, then teach others, and so defeat sorrow."
- Gautama Buddha.
36. "Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting."
– William Shakespeare.
37. "Chasing a person doesn’t give you value or build values in you. You earn your value by chasing morality and practicing dignity."
-Shannon L. Alder.
38. "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
39. "You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."
Understanding Your Worth Quotes
One of the toughest jobs is in understanding one's worth. These quotes will surely help you in understanding your worth. You will also find when you know your worth quotes and to know your worth career quotations.
40. "The deeper you love yourself, the more the universe will affirm your worth. Then you can enjoy a lifelong love affair that brings you the richest fulfillment from inside out."
- Alan Cohen.
41. "Before, I thought I was actually fighting for my own self-worth; that is why I so desperately wanted people to like me. I thought their liking me was a comment on me, but it was a comment on them."
- Hugh Prather.
42. "We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."
- Roderick Thorp.
43. "You need to love yourself. Love yourself so much to the point that your energy and aura rejects anyone who doesn’t know your worth."
44. "Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life."
- Golda Meir.
45. "Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is believing you're worthy of the trip."
46. "Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves."
- Marie Curie.
47. "I believe becoming healthy and working out saved my life by giving me the confidence and self worth to achieve my goals."
- Kim Lyons.
48. "Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are."
- Malcolm S. Forbes.
49. "Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?"
- Brigham Young.
50. "The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment; it is not in luck or chance, or the help of others; it is in yourself alone."
~ Orison Swett Marden.
51. "Many of us harbor hidden low self-esteem. We deem everything and everyone more important that ourselves and think that meeting their needs is more important than meeting our own. But if you run out of gas, everyone riding with you will be left stranded."
- T. D. Jakes.
52. "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
- Albert Einstein.
53. "Low self-esteem is like driving through life with the handbrake on."
– Maxwell Maltz.
54. "Our sense of self-worth is the single most important determinant of the health, abundance, and joy we allow into our lives."
- Dan Millman.
55. "There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity."
- Nathaniel Branden.
56. "If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person."
- Fred Rogers.
57. "As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that."
58. "People are like stained - glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
59. "Strong people have a strong sense of self-worth and self-awareness; they don’t need the approval of others."
― Roy T. Bennett.
60. "Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth."
61. "A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
– Mark Twain.
62. "I believe that a life of integrity I the most fundamental source of personal worth. I do not agree with the popular success literature that says that self-esteem is primarily a matter of mind set, of attitude-that you can psych yourself into peace of mind. Peace of mind comes when your life is in harmony with true principles and values and in no other way."
~ Stephen Covey.
63. "Think highly of yourself because the world takes you at your own estimate."
~ Kurt Hahn.
Self Esteem Quotes
Here are some of the coolest quotes about self esteem.
64. "The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself."
65. "If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself."
- Barbara De Angelis.
66. "It's not my responsibility to be beautiful. I'm not alive for that purpose. My existence is not about how desirable you find me."
67. "Self-esteem is a huge piece of my work. You have to believe it's possible and believe in yourself. Because after you've decided what you want, you have to believe it's possible, and possible for you, not just for other people. Then you need to seek out models, mentors, and coaches."
- Jack Canfield.
68. "I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself."
- Charlotte Brontë, 'Jane Eyre'.
69. "Someone's opinion of you does not have to become your reality."
- Les Brown.
70. "When you're different, sometimes you don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn't."
71. "Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish."
- Sam Walton.
72. "As long as the mind is enslaved, the body can never be free. Psychological freedom, a firm sense of self-esteem, is the most powerful weapon against the long night of physical slavery."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
73. "Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth."
- Iyanla Vanzant.
74. "Disciplining yourself to do what you know is right and important, although difficult, is the highroad to pride, self-esteem, and personal satisfaction."
- Margaret Thatcher.
75. "It's surprising how many persons go through life without ever recognizing that their feelings toward other people are largely determined by their feelings toward themselves, and if you're not comfortable within yourself, you can't be comfortable with others."
- Sydney J. Harris.
76. "Action is a high road to self-confidence and esteem. Where it is open, all energies flow toward it. It comes readily to most people, and its rewards are tangible."
- Bruce Lee.
Never Settle Quotes
These collection of quotes will never let you settle for anything less in life.
77. "Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flame-thrower."
78. "Never settle for the path of least resistance."
-Lee Ann Womack.
79. "There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."
80. "Never settle for second when first is available."
81. "When you accept the fact that your true identity includes being an overcomer, you will never settle for less than a miracle."
82. "Never settle for anything less than your best."
83. "Never settle for less than your dreams, somewhere, sometime, someday, somehow, you'll find them."
84. "If you haven't found it yet, keep looking."
85. "One key to success is demanding more than adequacy, never settling for good enough and always doing a little bit more."
Other Important Quotes
In this category you will find other important quotes which will make you realize your worth and help you make people realize theirs.
86. "Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it."
- Thaddeus Golas.
87. "Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth."
88. "If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you."
- Fyodor Dostoevsky.
89. "He that respects himself is safe from others. He wears a coat of mail that none can pierce."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
90. "Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself."
- Abraham Joshua Heschel.
91. "It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."
- Edmund Hillary.
92. "When you know your worth, no one can make you feel worthless."
93. "A man who has been the indisputable favorite of his mother keeps for life the feeling of a conqueror."
- Sigmund Freud.
94. "When you feel good about yourself, others will feel good about you, too."
- Jake Steinfeld.
95. "Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness."
- Louise Hart.
96. "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
- Winston Churchill.
97. "Don't belittle yourself. Be big yourself."
- Corita Kent.
98. "Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world."
- Helen Keller.
99. "You were not born a winner, and you were not born a loser. You are what you make yourself be."
- Lou Holtz.
100. "When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life."
- Jean Shinoda Bolen.
101. "Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings."
- Samuel Johnson.
102. "The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings."
- Eric Hoffer.
103. "Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and our heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters."
- Don Coppersmith.
104. "Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?"
- Fanny Brice.
105. "When you start to beat yourself up, remind yourself of how worthy you are of love."
- Demi Lovato.
106. "I think high self-esteem is overrated. A little low self-esteem is actually quite good. Maybe you're not the best, so you should work a little harder."
- Jay Leno.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for know your worth quotes then why not take a look at you got this quotes, or you matter quotes?
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.