Labor Day is a national holiday celebrated in the United States on the first Monday in September.
Labor Day is an American holiday that pays homage to the achievements and contributions made by the American Labor movement to the economy of the US. It is celebrated quite fondly all over the USA.
Additionally, Canada also participates in Labor Day on the same day as the US. The idea originated in 1882 when the Central Labor Union accepted the Labor Day proposal and selected a committee to organize the festivities. Hence, the first Labor Day officially took place in New York City on 5 September 1882. Consequently, it wasn't long before a state bill was formulated, which eventually led to the United States Congress passing an act that made Labor Day a federal holiday in June of 1894.
International Workers' Day, called Labor Day in many countries, is celebrated on 1 May. This holiday has the same meaning as Labor Day in the North American continent but is just celebrated on a different day. Hence we have thrown in some jokes about May Day too!
Funny labor day quotes and sayings are the best for a fun weekend getaway with the family. Most people don't have to work on Labor day, and so many Americans get to enjoy a fun long Labor day weekend. If you want to get in on the fun, pick out a funny joke or two from this list to read to your family. Labor day jokes will never get old because everyone enjoys a good Labor day. This comprehensive list has a variety of happy Labor Day sayings, Labor Day weekend quotes, and funny Labor Day weekend jokes, all for you!
Funniest Labor Day Jokes
If you're looking for the best labor day jokes for kids, then you're in the right place! You can easily find a great joke to share with your friends from this list. Here are some funny labor day jokes and labor day funnies just for you!
1. Did my wife tell you about a Labor day joke? It didn't work for her.
2. Why was the pregnant woman worried? She'd told her husband it was Labor day and instead of coming to the hospital, he'd gone straight home!
3. Why did the man leave his job at the donut shop? He easily got exhausted of the hole concept.
4. Why did the tailor leave his job? He felt de-pleated at the end of each day.
5. Why did a boy not end up being a barber? He tried to, but he just didn't make the cut.
6. What did the pilot say when he hadn't studied for his big airlines exam? I'm just going to wing it.
7. Why did the young girl resign from her job at the Velcro factory? She tried very hard, but in the end, she couldn't stick with it.
8. Why can't people with temper issues ever become good badminton players? They're too high strung.
9. Why was the young boy's mother unhappy about him becoming a baker? She thought he wasn't making enough dough.
10. Why shouldn't people with a mean attitude become masseurs? Nobody wants to be rubbed the wrong way.
11. Why shouldn't people who don't like stressful jobs work for pool maintenance? The work is considered to be rather draining.
12. Why did the astrologer not choose to become a historian when he was in high school? He didn't see a future in that field.
13. Why didn't the government pay attention to the issues of the local workers who worked in caves on labor day? They considered them miner issues.
14. Why was the astronomist so happy about his first job? His career was looking up.
15. Why were the police on a lookout for Mike, the maze designer? He had gotten lost in his own work.
16. Why was the diva so excited about starting her mirror inspecting job? She could see herself doing it for a long time.
17. What did Bob tell his parents about his career goal? I am aspirin' to be a professional pharmacist.
18. Why did a woman not want to ever go to work again because of what her boss said? He told her that she's fired.
19. What would May flowers bring if April showers brought May flowers? Pilgrims.
Hilarious Labor Day One-Liners
We hope you enjoyed those funny Labor day jokes, because we have some great puns about Labor day all set up for you.
20. The only dinosaur that didn't do any kind of physical labor is mybackisaur.
21. My dog has been recently working as a door-to-door salesman. Everyone calls him a 'labour-a-door' in short.
22. Two workers decided to get married right after Labour day. The wedding guests said their union was beautiful.
23. The match-maker was really excited about taking a day off. It gave him an opportunity to strike a new conversation with his neighbor.
24. A worker was annoyed about only being allowed to use his left arm during work. He didn't want to give up his rights.
25. A bank worker quit on the first week of his new job. He just didn't have a lot of interest in it.
26. A young boy started interning for a company that sold vaults. Now he really treasures his time.
27. A worker was really excited about buying his first broom for his job as a cleaner. He was finally in the in-dust-ry.
Funny Labor Day Quotes
These funny labor day sayings will keep you laughing till your first day of work after a fun Labor day weekend.
28. "If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labor Day Weekend."
- Doug Larson.
29. "My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it."
- Abraham Lincoln.
30. "Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow."
- Douglas Pagels.
31. "I help by staying out of the way while other people are working."
- Lyle Hintz Jr.
32. "The only thing that ever sat its way to success was a hen."
- Sarah Brown.
33. "As I have gotten older and wiser I discovered that there are six things that I really loved about my job. Payday, lunchtime, quitting time, vacation time, holidays and of course retirement."
- Tom Goins.
Funny Labor Day Captions
Since Labor Day is celebrated in September in the US, Americans associate Labor Day with the fall season and not the spring season, as many other countries do. Here's a list of captions for Labor day posts and Instagram photos!
34. I'm going to miss summer.
35. Saying goodbye to summer and hello to fall!
36. It's the best weekend of the year, Labor Day weekend!
37. My favorite weekend ever!
38. Labor Day no work today!
39. Don't forget to have some fun this weekend!
40. Staying in on Labor day is the best.
41. Can't wait for the weekend to begin!
42. Just enjoying the fruits of my labor today!
43. Sleep is for this week-end!
44. I love lazy weekends!
45. Just getting ready for the Labor day vibes.
46. Labor day weekend, more like BBQ weekend.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly jokes and puns for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 40+ Labor Day Jokes then why not take a look at Christmas Jokes, or Easter Jokes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.