Lacrosse is a North American team sport played with a lacrosse ball and a lacrosse stick.
It originated from the game played by indigenous tribal people who inhabited the Eastern Woodlands but was modified by reducing the violence. It has four versions with different sports gear involved in each; intercrosse, women's lacrosse, field lacrosse, and box lacrosse.
Here is a list of some motivational lacrosse quotes to help boost up players of this game especially before a tournament. It is not always considered a hard game if you stick to it and find the right players with the right attitude to play with. These sayings can really get you charged up and get your best self free and out in the open! When you have lacrosse on your mind, what lacross quotes come to mind?
If you like our content, you can check out other amazing articles like [basketball quotes] and [Kungfu quotes].
Best Lacrosse Motivational Quotes
Are you looking for some inspirational Lacrosse quotes, funny lacrosse quotes, and lacrosse goalie quotes to help you stay motivated before a game? Here is a great list of quotes to boost you up.
1. "You can play lacrosse all over the world provided you know where the goalposts are."
2. "There are guys who play lacrosse, and there are lacrosse players."
3. "There are two times of the year that stir the blood. In the fall, for the hunt, and now for lacrosse."
4. "Being a part of the finesse and physicality of box lacrosse has been a great experience for me. I feel that I have learned and improved as an overall lacrosse player. Learning to adapt in tight space while reading defenders and offensive players has been the biggest improvement in my game."
5."I believe that box lacrosse gives young people many more opportunities to excel in our game."
6. "Lacrosse goals are attained not by strength but by perseverance."
7. "If I had to go to war again, I'd bring lacrosse players."
8. "Lacrosse seems to be a sport of the future. Maybe it's even become the sport of the now."
9. "One of the biggest benefits of playing box for a young lacrosse player is in the development of lacrosse IQ. Because everyone plays with a short stick [in box lacrosse], you have to focus on being a complete lacrosse player versus specializing as an attackman or d-man. That is how your IQ grows and skills improve."
10. "When you watch Canadian kids [Box Lacrosse Players] score, when you see their skill level around the cage, you wonder to yourself, 'Jeez, are we teaching kids [in the U.S.] the wrong things?"
Inspirational Good Lacrosse Quotes
If you want some quotes about lacrosse and lacrosse slogans, here is a list of quotes that will come in handy.
11. "When you talk about Lacrosse, you talk about the lifeblood of the six nations. The game is ingrained into our culture and our system and our lives. (the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca, and Tuscarora)."
12. "Football is definitely a team sport. Without one person doing the right thing, the whole team falls. At Navy and in lacrosse, the off-the-field leadership comes into play, you know so if one person is slacking off, we've got everyone making sure everyone is pulling their own weight. It's like that in football too."
13. "It's lacrosse that helped teach me to spin off checks, take shots and protect the puck under pressure."
14. "In lacrosse, the momentum changes so quick. Would we like to turn 3-0 into 6-0? Sure, but it's not realistic with the talent in this league. Teams are going to battle back."
15. "I'm a lacrosse player and I'm not rowdy. I was an altar boy, the kids here know the difference between what's on the field and off."
16. "In another 10 years, lacrosse will be what everybody's kids are playing."
17. "Play hard. Play smart. Play together."
18. "I was just a big guy running down with a big, deep pocket and little short stick putting it against my chest."
19. "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference between lacrosse success and lacrosse failure."
20. "It's not too often around here that you find someone with the lacrosse experience he has."
Famous Lacrosse Quotes And Sayings
There are many famous people who had a lot to say about the game of lacrosse. Here is a list of motivational lacrosse quotes by a few of them. Some of them are funny lacrosse quotes and sayings which you may want to share with your friends and make their life happier.
21. "I thought lacrosse was what you find in la church."
22. It's a family; lacrosse is not like any other sport, it's more of a way of life."
23. "Our goal was to bring lacrosse to Marion County. It's different from football, basketball and soccer. It's something new here. The game is very exciting and it moves quickly."
24. "Lacrosse is fast-paced and I like fast-paced games. It's demanding physically and has the hardest conditioning of any sport...You are always running if you are not sprinting. It's constant movement."
25. "There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet."
26. "If I was US Lacrosse, I wouldn't let any kids play field until they were 10 or 12."
27. "Until box lacrosse grows in the United States, it'll continue to be this way."
28. "I'd rather play lacrosse six days a week and football on the seventh."
29. "Great champions have an enormous sense of pride. The people who excel are those who are driven to show the world and prove to themselves just how good they are."
30. "I played street hockey in Riverside Park when I was a kid. I played goalie. I didn't make the hockey team in college, so I played lacrosse instead."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Lacrosse quotes then why not take a look at kayaking quotes, or kitesurfing quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.