Listen up, lobster fans!
"The world is your lobster!" As quoted by Arthur Daley, it is indeed useful symbolism. Lobsters and lobster quotes provide a coherent approach to life.
Dealing with everyday life, humans are trying in their little ways to remain in touch with nature, and amongst this is the ocean lovers. For ocean lovers, use of the lobster quotes in daily lives is the pick of the bunch. If you are one such ocean lover with a keen interest in lobster quotes, this article is definitely worth your time. You may also look at boat quotes and [Lion quotes].
Best Red Lobster Quotes
In the midst of a tiring life, we would prefer not to be exhausted. So, we stumble upon words by others for little delights. Here we bring some best lobster quotes and funny lobster sayings for ocean lovers.
1. “Why should a lobster be any more ridiculous than a dog? ... or a cat, or a gazelle, or a lion, or any other animal one chooses to take for a walk? I have a liking for lobsters.”
- Gerald De Nerval.
2. “Bustle about Nobody, or we shan’t be in time to snabble any of the lobster patties.”
- Georgette Heyer.
3. “The bad is more easily perceived than the good. A fresh lobster does not give such pleasure to the consumer as a stale one will give him pain.”
- Rebecca Wes.
4. “There is no of-woman-born who does not like Red Lobster cheddar biscuits. Anyone who Claims otherwise is a liar and a socialist.”
- Tina Frey.
5. “I had always felt that mittens were a few steps back on the evolutionary scale
why, I wondered, would we want to make ourselves into a less agile version of lobsters?”
- David Levithan.
6. “Kind of necessary acceptance will form around her, like a lobster making its new shell, one that will be soft and easily breakable in the beginning but so hard that only lobster crackers can shatter it in the end. She can hardly wait.”
- Anita Shreve.
7. “A feeling erupted in my stomach, like nothing would ever be the same again. Like good karma was catching up with me. Like someone had opened up the lid to my lobster tank and I was finally breathing in the shockingly fresh air.”
- Francesca Zappia.
8. “Hey, the bait is here. Get in Quebecers, get in the lobster trap, and then we’ll close the door. And you’ll have a referendum no matter what.”
- Philippe Couillard.
9. “Poetry is not efficient. If you want to learn how to cook a lobster, it’s probably best not to look to poetry. But if you want to see the word lobster in all its reactant oddity, its pied beauty, as if for the first time, go to poetry. And if you want to know what it’s like to be that lobster in the pot, that’s in poetry too.”
- Dean Young.
10. “[Lobsters] are peaceful, serious creatures...Goethe had an aversion to dogs, and he wasn’t mad. They know the secrets of the sea, they don’t bark.”
- Gerald De Nerval.
11. “It is, admittedly, a base foodstuff, but lobster, well prepared, can nevertheless be made to satisfy the distinguished gourmand.”
- Eli Brown.
12. “When I got home, I peered down at the lobster to see how he was doing. The inner plastic bag was sucked tight around him and clouded up. It looked like something out of an eighties made-for-TV movie, with some washed-up actress taking too many pills and trying to off herself with a Macy’s bag.”
- Julie Powell.
13. “When you serve lobster, you’ve taken a being’s life away. Therefore, if you create a recipe, you have to be very dedicated to elevate the lobster, to make it good and tasty of course, but at the end of the day it’s a matter of paying homage.”
- Eric Ripert.
14. “Excuse me if I enjoy myself rather obviously! I don’t often have the luck to have a dream like this. It is new to me for a nightmare to lead me to a lobster. It is commonly the other way.”
- G.K. Chesterton.
15. “Books ... are like lobster shells, we surround ourselves with ’em, then we grow out of ’em and leave ’em behind, as evidence of our earlier stages of development.”
- Dorothy L. Sayers.
16. “When life gives you lemons, order the lobster tail.”
- Ziad K. Abdelnour.
17. “He looks much more like a lobster than most lobsters do.”
- P.G. Wodehouse.
18. “A lobster bisque ought to be the crowning glory of the potager. And this one was excellent. Silky as a gigolo’s compliment and fishy as a chancellor’s promise.”
- A.A. Gill.
19. “Grilling outside with my parents at the Jersey shore. We would grill lobster and corn in the summer.”
- Bobby Flay.
20. “Europe’s the mayonnaise, but America supplies the good old lobster.”
- David Herbert Lawrence.
Fantastic Lobster Love Quotes
Lobster symbolism is often closely linked with one of the very raw human emotions: love. Love is a complicated emotion and not so easy to preach. Quotes about lobsters, with little doubt, offer a blissful moment and leaves behind a gentle smile. The highlight here being friends quotes lobster.
21. “What is the pattern that connects the crab to the lobster and the primrose to the orchid, and all of them to me, and me to you?”
- Gregory Bateson.
22. “Will you be my lobster, my love?
Cling onto me and never leave me
Poison me with your love,
Let them run down my spine and all through my veins”
23. “She's your lobster. Come on, you guys. It's a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life.”
- Phoebe, 'Friends'.
24. “Lobster Love story...! He loved his coffee; she loved her tea. He ordered two cups of tea. When asked, he said; from now it’s all about tea, because lobsters are meant to be.”
- The Malekoppa.
25. “Somewhere, someone is dreaming to be your lobster; So, leave one who tries to be your crab.”
- Mirali Haria.
26. “Be my lobster: never let me go.”
- Sarah Ford.
27. “I’m living on things that excite me, be they pastry, or lobsters, or love...”
- Jimmey Buffett.
28. “You’re his lobster. Or swan, or penguin. The Spock to his Kirk.”
- Elizabeth Rudnick.
29. “She’s your lobster. C’mon you guys....You can actually sea old lobster couples, walking around their tank, holding claws...”
- Phoebe Buffay, 'Friends'.
Funny Lobster Quotes
There is nothing more valuable than a peaceful mind, and the saving grace and one of the easiest tools to achieve it is humor. And for ocean lovers with an affinity for lobster quotes, the icing on the cake is the funny lobsters’ quotes. Here are some lobster quotes to give you a relatively good time, which is quiet.
30. “I’m very sentimental about lobsters. The last lobster I ate was the only lobster I cooked.”
- Ann Patchett.
31. “If a lobster didn’t look like a sci-fi monster, people would be less able to drop him alive into boiling water.”
- George Carlin.
32. “When I get through tearing a lobster apart, or one of those tender West Coast octopuses, I feel like I had a drink from the fountain of youth.”
- Joseph Mitchell.
33. “Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster.”
- Ferran Adria.
34. “The proper place to eat a lobster… is in a lobster shack as close to the sea as possible. There is no menu card because there is nothing else to eat except boiled lobster with melted butter.”
- Pearl S Buck.
35. “If you work on a lobster boat, sneaking up behind someone and pinching him is probably a joke that gets old real fast.”
- Jack Handey.
36. “I’m a terrible cook, But I make very good lobster salad.”
- Nancy Carell.
37. “I do not understand why when I ask for grilled lobster in a restaurant, I’m never served a cooked telephone.”
- Salvador Dali.
38. “Curse the genetics that turn me into a lobster after one hour in the sun while everyone else gets to look like a sexy peanut.”
- A.M. Robinson.
39. “Easy in but not easily out, as the lobster said in the lobster pot!!”
- C.S. Lewis.
40. “Doing abominations is against the laws, particularly if the abominations are done while wearing a lobster bib.”
- Woody Allen.
41. “I’m in the water twice a week diving for lobster.”
- Ignacio Serricchio.
42. “It’s all about perspective. The sinking of the Titanic was a miracle to the lobsters in the ship’s kitchen.”
- Wynne McLaughlin.
43. “What if I couldn’t read? I wouldn’t be able to text my friend’s movie times or even order cheese biscuits from Red lobsters!”
- Aziz Ansari.
44. “[A]ll the ingenious men, and all the scientific men, and all the fanciful men, in the world, ... could never invent, if all their wits were boiled into one, anything so curious and so ridiculous as a lobster.”
- Charles Kingsley.
45. “Am I really just a narcissist,
Cause I wake up to a bowl of lobster bisque?”
- Rick Ross.
46. “I’m horrified of lobsters. And shrimp and lobsters are the cockroaches of the ocean.”
- Brooke Burke.
47. “On New York’s Palm restaurant: Their steaks are often good, but the lobsters-with claws the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s forearms-are as glazed and tough as most of the customers.”
- Malcolm Forbes.
48. “Lobsters one of the only animals that have to put up with being alive in the restaurant. If you go to a steakhouse, folks - no cow tank.”
- Richard Jeni.
Lobster Fishing Quotes
Lobster's are fascinating creatures, check out these lobster fishing quotes and lobster sayings below.
49. “As humans, after all, we become that which we seek. Dairy farming makes men steady and reliable and temperate; deer hunting makes men quiet, fast and sensitive; lobster fishing makes men suspicious and wily and ruthless.”
- Elizabeth Gilbert.
50. “Man needs to know but little more than a lobster in order to catch him in his traps.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Lobster quotes, then why not take a look at [Elephant quotes], or [lighthouse quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.