Here at Kidadl, two of our favorite things are food and comedy. So what could be better than having them both at once?! If you love a bit of food humor just like us, you'll love our puns with food.
Whether you're looking for jokes to keep you laughing whilst you cook, or to keep the kids entertained in a restaurant, we have some hilarious collections of food themed puns. And this meaty list of funny puns is sure to please all the meat lovers in your family.
For more foodie laughs take a look at these egg puns to crack you up or these pig jokes that will make your kids squeal with laughter.
The steaks are high - these beef inspired funny food puns will keep the whole family laughing.
1. Did you hear about the butcher who got into danger? His life was at steak!
2. What did the skeleton order for lunch? Spare ribs!
3. What do you call a cow with two legs? Lean beef!
4. What do you call a cow with no legs? Ground beef!
5. What do you get when you cross a chicken and a cow? Roost beef!
6. What did the steak say to his girlfriend? You're the apple of my rib-eye!
7. What did the judge say at the finale of the meat throwing competition? The steaks have never been higher!
8. Who is the current US president? Donald Rump!
9. What did the steak say to his enemy? I have a T-bone to pick with you!
10. What’s a cow’s favorite musical note? Beef-flat!
11. What's the name of the meatiest Knight of the Round Table? Sir Loin!
12. What is a hair stylist's favorite steak? A flat iron!
13. Why don't cows make good private investigators? Because they refuse to go on steak outs!
14. What do you call a cow with a twitch? Beef jerky!
15. Did you know that you can't use 'beef stew' as a computer password? It's not stroganoff!
16. Why did the FBI surround the president with cows? They were beefing up security!
17. How do you defeat a meat-loving vampire? With a steak to the heart!
18. What did the Mummy cow say to the baby cow when he failed his school test? It's OK to make mis-steaks!
These meaty puns are deliciously hilarious.
19. Did you hear about the burger that couldn't stop making jokes? It was on a roll!
20. How do you get a hipster to eat a burger? Put it in a man bun!
21. What did the burger name his daughter? Patty!
22. Why did the hamburger go to the gym to work out? Because it wanted better buns!
23. What do you call a digital burger? Processed meat!
24. What happens when two burgers fall in love? They live happily ever after in holy meat-rimony!
25. Which burgers make the best actors? Ham-burgers!
26. Where does a burger feel most at home? On the range!
27. What do you get if you cross a burger and a computer? A big mac!
28. What did the burger say to his sweetheart? Will you beef my valentine?!
Hot Dog Puns
Hot dog, these meat puns are good!
29. What do you call an anxious hot dog? A frank fretter!
30. Why do you get when you cross a chili, a shovel and a hound? A hot-diggity-dog!
31. What do you call hot dogs in winter? Chilly dogs!
32. Did you see the award-winning movie about a hot dog? It was an Oscar wiener!
33. What did the hot dog say as his friend overtook him in a race? Well done, I relish the fact that you've mustard the strength to ketchup to me!
34. Did you hear about the woman who was diagnosed with sausage phobia? She feared the wurst!
Kids will love these porktastic funny food puns.
35. What did the lovesick pig sing to his girlfriend? Don't go bacon my heart!
36. What do you call a pig that practices karate? A pork chop!
37. Why did the pig become an actress? Because she was a real ham!
38. What do you get when you cross a dinosaur and a pig? Jurassic Pork!
39. What do you get when you play tug of war with a pig? Pulled pork!
40. Did you hear about the pig who can write with both hands? He's ham-bidextrous!
41. What's the name of the pig in 'Star Wars'? Ham Solo!
42. Where you can find the Statue of Liberty made out of bacon? In New Pork!
43. What's a 'favorite song? Sweet Home Alahama!
These deli meat puns and tasty meat jokes will leave your ribs tickled pink.
44. What's an astronaut's favorite meat? Launch meat!
45. What do you call a sausage that's been to the doctor? Cured meat!
46. What did the steak say when he came across his nemesis? Ah, we meat again!
47. Why did the butcher work overtime at the grocery store? To make ends meat!
48. Did you hear about the man who went vegetarian but really regretted it? Becoming a vegetarian was a huge missed steak!
49. What did the sausage say to the bacon? Nice to meat you!
50. Did you hear about the man who used to be addicted to eating raw meat? Don't worry, he's cured now!
51. What do you call a steak hurtling through space? A meat-ior!
52. What is a cow's favorite deli meat? Bull-ogna!
53. Why didn't the butcher cross the road? He didn't want to brisket!
54. Salami get this straight - you don't like meat puns?!
55. Why did the farmer stop telling meat puns? Because he butchered every joke!
56. Where do cows go to celebrate New Years Eve? To a meat ball!
57. Which is a meat patty's least favourite day of the week? Fry-day!
58. What's the most musical cut of chicken? The drumstick!
59. People who sell meat may be gross. But people who sell vegetables are grocer!
60. What happened when the butcher backed up into the meat grinder? He got a little behind in his work!
61. Why did the butcher go to the doctor after a long day at work? Because he felt offal!
62. Did you hear about the farmer who sold his sheep to slaughter because he wasn't making enough money from the wool? The situation went from baa-d to wurst!
63. If anyone gets a suspicious email from me about canned meat, don’t open it. It’s spam!
Here at Kidadl, we've carefully curated lots of great family-friendly puns for everyone to enjoy. If you loved our puns about meat, then why not take a look at these 42 Best Lettuce Puns, or for something different, try these 50 winter jokes that are brrr-illiant!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.