Mummies have become universally famous both from history and from the famous Hollywood movies about them, but that is not the limit of their contribution to the mass media.
Even though mummies were specifically made and preserved in the famous pyramids of Egypt, everyone in the world knows about them. And we have all made a joke or two about the famous wrapped up Pharaohs.
Almost every person in the world can identify a mummy. It is not just because of its popularization through Hollywood but other forms of media as well. Multiple books, movies and video games have been made about mummies, pyramids and Ancient Egypt. This rapid gain of popularity roots from the sinister and mysterious air around various mummies. Especially that of Pharaoh Tutankhamun (or King Tut). Broadly speaking the air around mummies and pyramids is almost always serious. But, as the internet cannot help but joke about every topic available, it is obviously full of ancient Egyptian puns and jokes too. These could go on to include Halloween mummy jokes, mummies jokes, pyramid puns, funny mummy names, King Tut jokes, ancient Egypt jokes, mummy sayings for Halloween, and ancient Egypt puns, the list is virtually endless. You can learn a little about an Egyptian funeral, find out what kind of music mummies love, the secret mummies hide and even get a hilarious kick out of these ancient beings right here!
Funny Mummy Jokes
Here is a list of the funniest mummy jokes for kids that will make your day a hundred times better.
1. What do you call a mummy covered in chocolate and nuts? A Pharaoh Roche.
2. What do you call Ryan Gosling in a mummy costume? Ryan Gauzeling.
3. Did you hear about the mummy who goes to university? His favorite subject is Cryptography.
4. Have you heard about Pharaoh's new chef? His name is Gordon Ramesses.
5. Where do you keep the mummy of the Pharaoh who died of a cold? In a Sar-cough-agus.
6. What is a mummy's favorite kind of music? Wrap music.
7. What did they call mummy makers in ancient Egypt? Sarcophaguy.
8. Why didn't the mummy have any friends? Because he was too wrapped up in himself.
9. How did the mummy defeat Superman? He had Cryptonite.
10. Who does the mummy go to for moral support? To his mummy.
11. What did the mummy order to eat when he went to a restaurant? A wrap.
12. Why do Pharaohs never tell dad jokes? Because they are all mummies.
13. What would Doctor Strange's arch enemy be called if he was an Ancient Egyptian? Dormummy.
14. What is the best job for a mummy during holidays? A gift wrapper.
15. Did you hear about the scary couple in prom this year? It was a mummy and his ghoul-friend.
16. What does a mummy use when he needs to hide? Masking tape.
17. Why do mummies never go on vacations? Because they're afraid to unwind.
18. Where do mummies go for a swim? To the Dead Sea.
19. What did one pyramid say to the other? Hey! Where's your mummy?
20. Why does a mummy enjoy celebrating Christmas? As it involves a lot of gifts and wrappings.
The Funniest Puns About Mummies
Just like the pyramids, our stock of mummy jokes and puns is also huge. Here are some of the best mummy puns and mummy one-liners you can find on the internet. We hope you enjoy this list of the funniest puns on mummies we dug up for you.
21. A lot of people don't like movies about mummies. I think they get a bad wrap.
22. Archeologists say that mummies are very hard to find. Because they're all kept under wraps.
23. The mummy caught a really bad cold. He cannot stop coffin.
24. Unlike fairy tales, the stories of Egyptian mummies always goes from riches to rags.
25. I saw this new movie about a mummy's new bandages. It was called The Emperor's New Cloths.
26. Mummies are very aware of investment security. Their favorite is Cryptocurrency.
27. The mummy was very sore from lying down for years. So he called a Cairo-practor.
28. The mummy couldn't finish his Halloween candies. Because he was stuffed.
29. The photographer mummy was done with his shoot. So he told his crew to wrap it up.
30. My mummy friend is really tense lately. He always looks so wound up.
Funniest Jokes and Puns about Ancient Egypt
Ancient Egypt never lets us down when it comes to puns and jokes for kids. They not only are entertaining but they also spark interest in children about the history of ancient Egypt. These jokes make everyone laugh with their witty hilarity. Pyramid jokes, mummy jokes and Pharaoh jokes will never not be funny. Here is a list of jokes about Pharaohs and pyramids that were built to last.
31. Did you hear about the Pharaoh who died in the river because he did not believe he was drowning? He was in de-Nile.
32. What do you call a Pharaoh who plays the trumpet? Tootin'khamun.
33. Why did the ancient Egyptians used to bury their Pharaohs in several layers of coffin? It was called multicasking.
34. What did the Pharaoh tell the man who tried to sell him a pyramid? "Well, that's the last thing I need."
35. Did you hear about the Pharaoh who was lying in the wrong coffin? He made a grave mistake.
36. Do you know what happened to the old Egyptian Pharaoh who stared at the river too long? Yeah, he went see-Nile.
37. What script did the bravest Egyptian Pharaoh write in? Hero-glyphics.
Funny Mummy Riddles For The Brave Of Heart
Beneath the masking tape, an Egyptian mummy is more than just embalming, it's an enigma. So, relax and unwind with these fun-tastic riddles.
38. Wrapped in a casket, entombed in time, you wake up a creature with lives more than nine, it had better stay tied, it better stay wound up, but you know it will get you now that the Nile's dried up. Who is it? An Egyptian mummy.
39. Home to the dead, house the undead, the palatial tomb is both a tomb and a bed. Words of wisdom, words to the vice, never visit me at the dead of the night. What am I? A pyramid.
40. I stand presiding over the graves of the dead, a God I am to whom fate has dealt, all-knowing almighty, awesomely wise, I guide all souls into the night. Who am I? Anubis.
41. To a man who has built it I am money, for one who bought me still has time free, the man who needs me need only be in me. What am I? Coffin.
42. The eldest of the Gods that ruled the golden sands, the sun was me and rose by my hand, a penny for your thoughts for I reside, in heaven, hell and in between and all is light. Who am I? Ra.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly jokes puns and riddles for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for mummy jokes, puns and riddles, then why not take a look at these Halloween puns, or witch puns for more?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.