Grandma, or as others say nana, is one of the most cherished and loving person in anyone’s life who showers unconditional love and support without asking.
Grandmothers are the most selfless people around us, who take care of us without expecting anything in return. They take care of us, protect us, and shower us with some of the most loved and enjoyable memories that are irreplaceable.
There is no perfect way to celebrate the love and affection that you have received from your Grandma. So, without wasting any more time let’s take a look at the best collection of Grandma quotes, cute Nana quotes and best Nana quotes that you and your Grandma are sure to read and enjoy.
Best Nana Quotes And Sayings For Granny Love
It’s always great to display and appreciate her love; she will be delighted through your effort. Let’s take a look at some of the best Nana quotes, along with Grandma quotes, and I love you Nana quotes that will help you celebrate Grandmother's day perfectly.
1. “If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!”
- Hannah Whitall Smith.
2. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.”
- Joy Hargrove.
3. “For myself, one of the sweetest words I have ever heard is ‘Nana’.”
- Zelda Rosenbaum.
4. “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.”
- Phyllis Grissim-Theroux.
5. “Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.”
- Helen Ketchum.
6. “When she smiles, the lines in her face become epic narratives that trace the stories of generations that no book can replace.”
- Curtis Tyrone Jones.
7. “A grandma’s name is little less in love than is the doting title of a mother.”
- William Shakespeare.
8. “Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special.”
- Catherine Pulsifer.
9. “Being pretty on the inside means you don't hit your brother and you eat all your peas - that's what my grandma taught me.”
- Lord Chesterfield.
10. “You are the sun, Grandma, you are the sun in my life.”
- Kitty Tsui.
Mothers Day Quotes For Nana
There is nothing in this world that cannot cause laughter. Similarly, Grandma’s love is something that is a package of laughter and reminds us of the special bond and irreplaceable memories that you are always going to cherish. Let’s take a look at some of the most funny Grandma quotes and sayings along with Nana in heaven quotes and funny Nana quotes that will make you roll with laughter.
11. “If grandmas hadn’t existed, kids would have inevitably invented them.”
- Arthur Kornhaber.
12. “My grandmother was an unparalleled storyteller who gave me a preview of how life might turn out, and also fortified my empathy.”
- Chris Ware.
13. “My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.”
- Henny Youngman.
14. “The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along so well is that they have a common enemy.”
- Sam Levenson.
15. “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.”
- Sam Levenson.
16. “If God had intended us to follow recipes, He wouldn’t have given us grandmothers.”
- Linda Henley.
17. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.”
- Ellen DeGeneres.
18. “Don’t eat anything your grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.”
- Michael Pollan.
19. “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old.”
- Mary H. Waldrip.
Best Nana Quotes From Granddaughter
Grandmothers are like one of the greatest sources of care and affection that makes us feel most loved and cared in their house. Grandma is our constant source of love, affection, and support who never fails to greet us with a huge smile and warming hug. Let’s take a look at some of the cute Nana quotes, Nana quotes and Grandma quotes along with other Nana quotes and poems that will make her feel loved as well.
20. “I don't intentionally spoil my grandkids. It's just that correcting them often takes more energy than I have left.”
- Gene Perret.
21. “We should all have one person who knows how to bless us despite the evidence, Grandmother was that person to me.”
- Phyllis Theroux.
22. “There was so much fun going to the farm with grandma. In group with other family members, grandma lead the way.”
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
23. “Grandma, as I have seen in looking back, was the decider of my fate. She shaped my life, without of course knowing what my life would be. She taught me many things that I was going to need to know, without either us knowing I would need to know them.”
- Wendell Berry.
24. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.”
- Erma Bombeck.
25. “You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.”
- Albert Einstein.
26. “Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple…Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love.”
- Janet Lanese.
27. “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete.”
- Marcy DeMaree.
28. “Uncles and aunts , and cousins, are all very well, and fathers and mothers are not to be despised; but a grandmother, at holiday time, is worth them all.”
- Fanny Fern.
29. “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.”
- Barbara Cage.
Happy Birthday Nana Quotes
Grandma is the most loved person and also the most loving person who is almost like a second mother to each and everyone. Grandma is most close to the kids and loves the kids almost similar to a mother. Whether it’s spoken or is written, appreciating your Grandmother will mean everything to her. Let’s take a look at some of the best missing my nana quotes, hugs quotes, mother’s day quotes for Nana and short Nana quotes from grandchildren that your nana will absolutely love.
30. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.”
- Pam Brown.
31. “I know what it is like to be brought up with unconditional love. In my life that came from my grandmother.”
- Andre Leon Talley.
32. “One time, grandma told me that she would always love me, even if at times, I don't love myself.
I don't really know what all that means but I think it means she loves me a whole lot.”
- Sophia Carter-Parker, ‘Ready, Set, Go To Grandma's’.
33. “It is as grandmothers that our mothers come into the fullness of their grace.”
- Christopher Morley.
34. “My grandmother was a Jewish juggler: she used to worry about six things at once.”
- Richard Lewis.
35. “If I had known how wonderful it would be to have Grandchildren, I would have had them first.”
- Lois Wyse.
36. “Kids are hard - they drive you crazy and break your heart- whereas grandchildren make you feel great about life, and yourself, and your ability to love someone unconditionally, finally, after all these years.”
- Anne Lamott.
37. “To all of the grandmothers who make the world more gentle, more tolerant and more safe for our children. Never doubt your importance.”
- Mary-Lou Rosengren, ‘The Grand Embrace’.
38. “A Grandmother thinks of her grandchildren day and night, even when they are not with her. She will always love them more than anyone would understand.”
- Karen Gibbs.
39. “There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren.”
- Janice Elliott-Howard.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Nana quotes, then why not take a look at strong mom quotes, or I love you mom quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.