Looking for some hill-arious nature puns and nature jokes for kids?
Children have a natural love for the outdoors, from playing outside to adventures in the woods, to shorelines and streams. Come rain, sun, or snow spending time in the great outdoors and absorbing the wonders of nature has many physical and emotional benefits that will enrich the whole family.
Want to bring the joy of nature to life? We’ve found the funniest nature puns and nature-related jokes that will leaf you wanting more! From puns about flowers, puns about plants, tree puns, and hiking puns, these nature puns are so funny you might wet your plants! So, water you waiting for?
Let’s start off with some of the funniest nature puns we could find, these jokes are sure to grow on you!
1. I have a good nature joke but after listening to it, everyone just leaves!
2. What is the richest kind of air? A millionaire!
3. People using umbrellas always seem to be under the weather!
4. How do you learn more about spiders that live in the rainforest? Check out their web site!
5. What is the color of the wind? Blew!
6. Why did the sun go to school? To get brighter!
7. What nature phenomenon is the funniest? A cyclown!
8. What did the ground say to the earthquake? You crack me up!
9. How do hurricanes see? With one eye!
10. What is the best way for fungi to grow? You must give it as mushroom as possible!
11. What kind of bean never grows in a garden? A jelly bean!
12. What is a rock's favorite type of food? Pom-a-granites!
13. Why do gamers hate nature? Because it is full of bugs!
14. How can you tell that the ocean is friendly? It waves!
15. What did Mars say to Saturn? Give me a ring sometime!
16. Why were the herbs not fully grown yet? They didn’t have enough thyme!
17. Where does the sun hide at night? Just keep looking for it, it’ll dawn on you soon!
18. What does seaweed say when it’s stuck at the bottom of the sea? “Kelp! Kelp!”
19. What did the Atlantic Ocean say to the Pacific Ocean? Nothing, oceans don’t talk they just wave!
20. What did you call an awesome geologist? A rockstar!
21. What do you say when the beach asks you to walk on it? Shore!
22. Why is grass so dangerous? Because it is full of blades!
23. When is the moon the heaviest? When it’s full!
24. What kind of shorts do clouds wear? Thunderwear!
25. What did the limestone say to the geologist? Don’t take me for granite!
26. Why did the leaf go to the doctor? It was feeling green!
27. What runs but never gets out of breath? A river!
28. What did one volcano say to the other volcano? I lava you!
29. What is the strongest creature in the ocean? A mussel!
30. Why are mountains the funniest place to vacation? Because they are hill-arious!
31. How did the egg get up the mountain? It scrambled up!
32. How are mountains able to see? They peak!
33. Why is the mushroom always invited to parties? Because he’s a fun-gi
34. Nature is so resourceful it can make dew with just water!
35. Want to hear the best rock puns? Give me a moment and I’ll dig something up!
36. Why did the leaf go to the doctor? It was feeling green!
37. How do you cut the sea in half? With a see saw!
38. What kind of hair do oceans have? Wavy!
39. How does the rain tie its shoes? With a rainbow!
40. When were rock puns the funniest? In the Stone Age!
41. What kind of shorts do clouds wear? Thunderwear!
42. What did the limestone say to the Geologist? Don’t take me for granite!
43. What happens when it rains cats and dogs? You have to be careful not to step in a poodle!
Puns About Nature
Looking for some funny nature puns? These nature puns and clever play on words will make great nature captions for instagram and the kids will love them!
44. Nature puns rock!
45. You’d better change your altitude.
46. Make summit noise.
47. I tried to catch some fog, but I mist!
48. When something evolves, it becomes a fork of nature.
49. It’s party thyme!
50. Let’s take the sea-nic route!
51. I lake you a lot!
52. Take a peak around.
53. Let’s rock and roll!
54. There are definitely a few gems amongst all these terrible rock puns!
55. I’ve lost my terrain of thought.
56. Slow down, don’t you Everest!
57. We can do waterever you want!
58. Watery doing here?
59. What’s all the comm-ocean?
60. I’m tide of ocean puns!
Puns About Trees
Kids will love our collection of tree-mendous tree jokes and plants puns. Will they have the kids weeping with laughter or will they leaf them wanting more?
61. Why does everyone hate trees? Because they are always throwing shade!
62. What did the trees wear to the pool party? Swimming trunks!
63. How do trees dance? They sway!
64. What was the tree's favorite subject in school? Treegonometree!
65. How do you identify a dogwood tree? By its bark!
66. Where do you find forests without trees? On a map!
67. How is a tree like a big dog? They both have a lot of bark!
68. Which tree is always crying? The weeping willow!
69. How did the apple tree get the job? It had the right qua-leaf-ications!
70. What did the tree do when his bank closed? He went to another branch!
71. What did the tree say to the bush? That’s vine with me!
72. What does Obi-Wan Kenobi say after he plants a tree? May the forest be with you!
73. Which type of tree grows chickens? A Poultree!
74. What did the teaching tree do when it went overseas? It took a leaf of absence!
75. Where do saplings go to learn? Elementree school!
76. Which side of the tree has the most leaves? The outside!
77. Why was the tree arrested? For shopleafing!
78. How do two rival forests get along? They sign a peace tree-ty!
79. How do you describe a tree who steals things? Shady!
80. Why can’t pine trees sew? Because they always drop their needles!
81. What happens to maple trees on Valentine’s Day? They get all sappy!
82. What do you get when you cross a cat and a lemon tree? A sour puss!
83. What is a trees least favorite month? Sep-timber!
84. What do loggers eat in the forest? Mac and trees!
85. What did the tree say to autumn? Leaf me alone!
86. Where does a tree store their stuff? In their trunk!
87. What did the Jedi say to the tree? May the forest be with you!
88. What type of tree fits in your hand? A palm tree!
89. How do trees get online? They log-in!
90. What did the beaver say to the tree? It’s been nice gnawing you!
91. What did the little tree say to the big tree? Leaf me alone!
More Funny Tree Puns
These tree puns are pun-believable!
92. In some conifer forests, you can’t cedar wood for the trees!
93. This view is tree-mendous.
94. Tree’s company!
95. Try branching out!
96. I’m at a moss for words.
97. Make like a tree and leaf!
98. I have plant-y of time.
99. Don’t take me for plant-ed.
100. Take it or leaf it.
101. As fir as the eyes can see.
102. What a releaf!
103. My bark is worse than my bite!
104. Live and fern.
105. Feel the fern.
Punny Hiking Jokes
Next time you’re out on a family hike in nature, give some of these hill-arious hiking jokes a go!
106. How do fleas travel from place to place? By itch-hiking!
107. What kind of jacket do you wear on a hike? A trail blazer!
108. What does the mountain say when he’s feeling sick? I’m feeling hill!
109. Where do rocks like to sleep? In bedrocks!
110. What is the laziest mountain in the whole world? Mount Everest!
111. What kind of music does a mountain like? Rock music!
112. Why can’t you play hide and seek with mountains? Because they are always peaking!
113. What do you call a funny mountain? Hill-arious!
114. What did the river say to the hiker with the chunky boots? Water those?
115. What did the small mountain say to the big mountain? Hi there Cliff!
116. Why do mountains make the worst jokes? Because they always end in cliff hangers!
117. If you’re on a hike and find a fork in the road, what do you do? Stop for lunch!
Climb your way through these funny hike puns, they’re summit special!
118. I wood never leaf a hiker behind!
119. Someone told me to take a hike, so I did!
120. The hill looked hard at first, but I got over it!
121. Last bud not least, let’s take a hike!
122. Getting to the top of the hill was such a re-leaf!
123. Hiking is all the range.
124. When going to the bathroom in the woods, you’re going to have to use the facilitrees!
125. No need to worry about the volcano, it’s not very active!
126. Are you done with the bad puns? I can’t bear it!
Punny Flower Jokes
We’ve rounded up some of the best flower jokes and puns, we think they’ll will make your daisy!
127. What kind of flower doesn’t sleep at night? the Day-zzzz!
128. What kind of flower grows on your face? Tulips!
129. How do you know you are in love with a flower? Not a daisy goes by where you don’t think of them!
130. What did the flower say after it told a joke? I was pollen your leg!
131. What do you call a grandpa flower? Poppy!
132. What is a flowers favorite vegetable? A cauliflower!
133. What did the bee say to the flower? Hello, honey!
134. What did the flower say to the flower next to him? Move over bud!
135. What do you call it when two flowers fall in love? A budding romance!
136. What do you get if you cross a monkey with a pansy? A chimp-pansy!
137. What do you call flowers who are BFFs? Buds!
138. What did the flower write in his Mother’s Day card? I’m proud to be orchid!
139. What do you say when you want a flower to drive faster? Floret!
140. How much does a flower love their friends? Bunches!
141. Where do flowers recharge? At a power plant!
142. Why couldn’t the gardener plant any flowers? Because he hadn’t botany!
143. What does a flower write on their valentine card? Aloe you vera much!
144. What do flowers study in college? STEM!
145. What did the flower tell his son before a big game? I’m rooting for you!
146. How to flowers greet each other? Hey bud, how’s it growing?!
147. What do you get if you cross a sheepdog with a rose? A collie-flower!
148. Why do flowers always drive so fast? They put the petal to the metal!
149. Why don’t people ever talk about the fear of roses? Because it’s a thorny issue!
150. What is the fiercest flower in the garden? A tiger lily!
151. Why are flowers so lazy? Because they’re always in a bed!
152. What do you call a flower that runs on electricity? A power plant!
153. What happens to a flower when it gets embarrassed? It turns rosy!
The Best Flower Puns
Ready for some more puns? These funny flower puns will leave you head clover heels!
154. Just one of rose things.
155. I really lilac you.
156. I love you a lily more each day.
157. Sorry, just pollen your leg!
158. Once and flor-al.
159. You grow girl!
160. Not a daisy goes by.
161. A peony for your thoughts!
162. I think of you every daisy.
163. Go with the flower.
164. Iris my case.
165. A bloom with a view.
166. I’m not orchid-ing!
167. Flower to the people.
168. Don’t stalk it till you’ve tried it!
169. All clover the world.
170. I’m not very good at making flower jokes, but thistle do!
Punny Nature Knock Knock Jokes
Knock Knock jokes with punny plays on words are a sure fire way to get the kids in fits of giggles, wood-nt you agree?! We’ve searched high and low for the best nature-themed knock knock jokes. We think they’re pretty tree-mendous!
171. Knock Knock
Honeydew you want to hear some nature puns?
172. Knock Knock
Pickle little flower and give it to your mother!
173. Knock Knock
Tree-mendous to see you again!
174. Knock Knock
Abby good if you give me a flower!
175. Knock Knock
Wendy today; cloudy tomorrow!
176. Knock Knock
Have a tree-rific day!
177. Knock Knock
Cassie the forest for the trees!
178. Knock Knock
Vera all the flowers gone?
179. Knock Knock
Water you waiting for? Let me in!
180. Knock Knock
Leaf me alone!
181. Knock Knock
Teresa are green!
182. Knock Knock
Hurry! Cane you run away from the storm?
183. Knock Knock
Oliver clothes are getting wet, it’s pouring with rain out here!
184. Knock Knock
Flower you today?
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly puns for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for nature puns then why not take a look at cell-arious biology puns for future biologists, or for something different take a look at these doctor puns that are medically hilarious.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.