Without question, the world is full of obvious funny facts that most people probably know but just don't think about all that often as well as mind-blowing statements that some might struggle to believe are true.
We love facts and they always come in handy when you want to brighten someone's day as sharing obvious fun facts always make people smile. A hilarious but gross fact for example, is that on average, most people fart enough times in one day to fill a party balloon which is certainly amusing but you wouldn't want them as decorations at your birthday party!
We have scoured the internet and read pages and pages of data to bring you a list of funny, mind-blowing facts that we think you need to know and that you are guaranteed to like.
Science Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
If you wanted to know how to blow someone's mind, science could probably tell you how but for now, we are sure this section of our list contains science-based statements that will blow your mind, leaving you coming to some crazy realizations about the world we live in.
1. Grasshoppers have ears in their bellies rather than on the side of their head. They are a thin membrane, like eardrums, called a tympanum and are protected by its wings.
2. The weight of all the ants in the world is equal to the weight of all the people in the world.
3. Killer whales are not actually whales at all but instead, a type of dolphin.
4. A strawberry is the only fruit where the seeds grow on the outside.
5. A lightning strike can reach temperatures of up to 54,000 degrees Fahrenheit which is 6 times hotter than the surface of the sun.
6. There is a volcano in Guatemala called Volcano Fuego that erupts hot ash and smoke every ten to fifteen minutes.
7. You can get ignored by your feline friend. Research conducted by the University of Tokyo found that cats can recognise voices but they just choose not to listen.
8. It was long thought that pigs roll around in the mud to keep themselves cool but it turns out they just do it for fun and because it makes them happy.
9. The Eiffel Tower in Paris can be up to 15cm taller during the summer months as the metal in its construction becomes warmer and expands.
10. Polar bears are incredibly hard to detect using thermal image cameras, which use the heat lost by an object, as they are so good at conserving heat. Their thick layer of blubber and fur coat means that little warmth escapes from their bodies as they need to survive in sub-zero climates.
11. This year, there will be about 40 trillion gigabytes of data in the world.
Funny Realizations About Life
This section includes some of the most obvious statements that will make you 'oh, yeah!' and 'wait, really?!' at the same time. When you think about it, they are little snippets of life that happen frequently but these funny obvious facts make you think about them in a bit more detail.
12. You rest your tongue on the roof of your mouth and don't even think about it.
13. At this very moment, you are both the youngest and oldest you have ever been.
14. Somewhere, someone on this planet has eaten the most chips ever and they don't even know about it.
15. When you click your fingers, the sound is actually made by your middle finger hitting the palm of your hand.
16. When you brush your teeth it is the only time you clean your skeleton.
17. Knocking on someone's door is essentially punching their house until they let you in.
18. A screen saver is called a screen saver because they used to prevent an image from being permanently burned onto the screen of a computer.
Mind-Blowing Things You Never Thought Of
This section is full of funny but true facts that will blow your mind mainly because they are weird realizations that we didn't know we needed to know! Once you read them, we are sure you won't be able to get the image of some of these 'did you know?' sarcastic facts out of your head.
19. You don't actually wash your hands. You just watch them wash each other.
20. Blinking is just like clapping but for your eyes instead.
21. If you walked all the way around the Earth, your head would have travelled ever so slightly further than your feet.
22. Due to pronunciation, cough, rough and though don't rhyme even though their last four letters are the same.
23. If you say something is indescribable then you have, in fact, described it.
24. The alphabet is called the alphabet because the Greek alphabet starts with the letters 'alpha' and 'beta'.
Stupid Facts Everyone Should Know
If you are looking for the best stupid facts to know, this section is definitely one you need to read through. These really stupid facts seem so obvious once you know them but there are plenty of people that will be none the wiser about these most obvious facts.
25. If two people on opposite sides of the world were to drop a piece of bread at the same time, for a brief moment, the Earth would become a sandwich.
26. The Hawaiin pizza was actually invented by a Greek-Canadian man named Sam Panopoulos.
27. A group of hippos is called a bloat and there tends to be 10-20 hippos in each bloat, all led by one dominant male.
28. The can opener was invented 48 years after canned food was.
29. Although dragonflies have six legs, they can't actually walk because their legs are too weak.
30. When you think about the Monpoly man, an image of this well-known mascot with his moustache and hat may spring to mind but his real name is Milburn Pennybags.
31. The lint that you get in the bottom of your pockets has a name; gnurr.
32. Breakfast is called so because you break the fast from when you were asleep.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly facts for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 32 Obvious Facts That Might Make You Go 'Oooooh!' then why not take a look at zodiac facts, or facts about the number 5?
Jade is a Londoner by birth but now lives in Lincolnshire and loves the beautiful countryside that is just a step outside her door. Jade has been a primary school teacher for several years, she has an extensive knowledge of the curriculum, toys, games, activities, and learning opportunities for children aged between 3 and 11. She is always seeking out and uncovering new outdoor adventures and educational attractions for when her two wonderful nephews come to stay and loves finding a great deal on an event or a new attraction they haven’t been to before. Jade has a keen interest in science and crafts and loves finding experiments and activities for fun, messy, and engaging things to keep her nephews entertained at home on rainy days.