The idea of 'one step at a time' was first established by Linda Sue Park.
In modern times the world lives in fast-forward and sometimes people are afraid to take the first step slowly and carefully. Nevertheless, the journey of a thousand miles becomes worthwhile only when we take one step at a time.
What do we mean by taking one step at a time? Firstly, it means starting any journey with courage and willpower. After the first step has been taken, there is no looking back, one must keep on stepping. One step at a time offers us the opportunity to take things slowly, being aware and alert of our surroundings. Work that is done in haste often leads to failure so one must take the long road and must keep on stepping forward.
Here are some small changes quotes, take each day one step at a time quotes, take one step at a time Bible quotes, one step at a time quotes to inspire, first step quotes, small steps quote, and one step at a time hip hop quotes to inspire you.
Quotes About Taking One Step At A Time
Read through these one step at a time quotes and simple quotes about life to understand the essence of patience and hard work.
1. "Keep walking the walk, one step at a time."
- Joyce Meyer.
2. “Nobody has the power to take two steps together, you can make only one step at a time.”
3. “Does He not see my ways
And number all my steps?"
- Jobs 31:4.
4. “Make a walk in such a way that everyone learns many things from your each step!”
― Mehmet Murat İldan.
5. "One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time."
- John Wanamaker.
6. “To jump over centuries
In one step is impossible.
Jump too high or far,
You’ll be way too late.”
― Dejan Stojanovic, 'Circling'.
7. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
— Estée Lauder.
8. “Most times, the way isn’t clear, but you want to start anyway. It is in starting... that other steps become clearer.”
― Israelmore Ayivor, 'Leaders' Frontpage'.
9. "The steps of a man are established by the Lord,
And He delights in his way."
- Psalm 37:23.
10. "It's the faith that makes you stronger
The only way you get there
Is one step at a time."
- Jordin Sparks, 'One Step At A Time'.
Motivational Quotes On One Step At A Time
Check out these inspirational quotes. One step at a time quotes are often very inspiring, and these quotes are no exception, they are truly motivational quotes. One step at a time quotes are a great way to prepare yourself for the long journey ahead!
11. "I will persist. I will always take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another."
- Og Mandino.
12. "It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward."
- Chinese proverb.
13. "Courage wasn't a matter of taking the whole mountain in a single massive leap. Courage was taking it one step at a time, doing what was necessary now, preparing for the next step, and refusing to worry about whether some step in the future would be the one that would break him."
- Timothy Zahn, 'Star Wars'.
14. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."
- Ecclesiastes 3:1.
15. “Focus only on where you are right now. Then carefully take one step at a time, by placing just one foot in front of the other. Before you know it, you will turn that corner.”
- Anthon St. Maarten.
16. "Big things have small beginnings."
- Michael Fassbender.
17. "Follow your dream.
Take one step at a time and don't settle for less,
Just continue to climb."
- Amanda Bradley, 'Follow Your Dream'.
18. "Leaps look good in the movies, but in fact, success is mostly about finding a path and walking it one step at a time."
19. “Get a good idea and stay with it. Dog it, and work at it until it’s done right.”
- Walt Disney.
20.“Mile by mile one hits the milestone.”
- Amit Kalantri, 'Wealth of Words'.
Moving Forward One Step At A Time Quotes
Give yourself the reason to start the journey today with some courage. These one step at a time quotes might help you edge toward your goal as they remind you to take only one step at a time.
21. "Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible."
- Tony Robbins.
22. "The man who removes the mountain begins by carrying away small stones."
- Chinese proverb.
23. "One step at a time
There's no need to rush
It's like learning to fly."
- Jordin Sparks, 'One Step At A Time'.
24. “Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden.”
- Cormac McCarthy.
25. “Remember, one step leads to the other and therefore never neglect the first step. It will give you the confidence you need to sail through with victory.”
- Israelmore Ayivor, 'Leaders' Frontpage'.
26. “Small is not just a stepping-stone... a great destination itself.”
- Jason Fried.
27. "You can break that big plan into small steps."
- Indira Gandhi.
28. "You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Changing The World One Step At A Time Quotes
Changing the world can seem a difficult task but it is not impossible if you take only one step at a time. Here are some top quotes about changing the world one step at a time.
29. "We all need to plant seeds in order to spring to life. Similarly, you can't climb a mountain starting at the top. It takes preparation, tools, skills and a set path to follow one step at a time."
- Catherine Pulsifer.
30. “God is calling you to change the world one life at a time and one... step at a time. Begin today where you are.”
- Dillon Burroughs, 'Undefending Christianity'.
31. "Just to have a goal and work towards it step by step until you reach it is always a great feeling."
- Vilborg Arna Gissurardóttir.
32. "Take one step at a time
and don't settle for anything less.
Use the power of your mind
to your full advantage to reach success."
- Raymond Isaacs, 'One Step At A Time'.
33. “We progress a step farther, in each tick of the clock.”
― Ronnie Cornelisz.
34. "All that matters is that you are pushing yourself and challenging yourself and trying to finish... get out of your comfort zone."
- Anthony Chapman.
35. "A 10,000 mile walk, begins with a single step and continues one step at a time."
- Rickson Gracie.
36. "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
- Lao Tzu.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for one step at a time quotes then why not take a look at these you got this quotes or keep trying quotes too?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.