Opposites are two perspectives of the same situation.
It is very often that we find opposites attract each other in life. The most common example being the romantic inclination of opposite nature people.
Opposites attract means someone completely opposite to you, more often than not, piques your interest. The heart always wants to explore the unexplored, something which is different. That is one of the primary laws of attraction. Positive attracts negative, good-bad, north-south and the list goes on. Robert Francis Winch, a sociologist led a study in 1950 and first said the term that opposites attract. He conducted a study where he interviewed many married couples and came to the conclusion that the human mind often looks out for something opposite in others. But it is not just in love that this happens. We are attracted to stark opposites in professional lives or even in things on day to day basis. It's a yin yang situation that we don't often notice in our decisions. Here are some of the opposites attract quotes and sayings that will enlighten you about the importance and impact of opposites in our lives.
If you like this article about opposites attract quotes, you may also want to check our other quotes articles [you are my everything quotes] and pure love quotes.
Best Opposites Attract Quotes
Here you can find quotes that explain what is polar opposite, opposites attract quotes, and other popular opposites quotes.
1. "The most exciting attractions are between two opposites that never meet."
- Andy Warhol.
2. "It's this simple law, which every writer knows, of taking two opposites and putting them in a room together."
- Trey Parker.
3. “We are always seeking our opposite, whether we know it or not. When we discover what that is we can dissolve our arrogance.”
- Michio Kushi.
4. “But there is no energy unless there is a tension of opposites; hence it is necessary to discover the opposite to the attitude of the conscious mind.”
- C.G. Jung.
5. "Dressing up is a bore. At a certain age, you decorate yourself to attract the opposite gender, and at a certain age, I did that. But I'm past that age."
- Katharine Hepburn
6. "Two things of opposite natures seem to depend one on another, as logos depends on Eros, day on night, the imagined on the real. This is the origin of change."
- Wallace Stevens.
7. "It’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you."
- Noah, 'Notebook'.
8. "You know, the opposites attract thing happens all the time, but so does the best friends thing. It's just a great kind of relationship in fiction."
- Veronica Roth.
9. "On the surface, we're polar opposites. Under the skin, though, we're the same: people think they know what they're getting, and they're always wrong."
- Jodi Picoult.
10. "I was reading that lightning is a negative charge that comes from the friction that clouds carry. And since opposites attract, I would like to think that he was so positive the moment that he died, so happy, he pulled that bolt right out of the sky."
- Chris Colfer.
11. "The way you feel is your point of attraction, and so, the Law of Attraction is most understood when you see yourself as a magnet getting more and more of the way you feel."
- Esther Hicks.
12. "We are attracted to people who express the qualities we deny or repress in ourselves."
- Shakti Gawain.
13. "Most of the time, we are attracted to people who don’t have the things that we have."
- Charles Lowery.
14. “It’s the things in common that make relationships enjoyable, but it’s the little differences that make them interesting.”
- Todd Ruthman.
15. "I see love developing from friendship. Common ground is a strong basis for friendship. My husband is my best friend and we have a lot in common even though we're admittedly different people."
- Veronica Roth.
16. "We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created."
- Nicholas Sparks.
17. "We all attract certain people into our life who have developed qualities opposite to the ones we are most identified with."
- Shakti Gawain.
Romantic Opposites Attract Quotes
Here you will find why opposites attract love quotes along with quotes about complete opposite couples.
18. "Darling, your soul fits where mine feels empty."
- Mustafa Tattan.
19. "I don't think opposites attract. I think like attracts like. So I don't think that they do attract, opposites. Only when you're talking about magnetic poles."
- Ashton Kutcher.
20. "You were like sunshine and rain begetting rainbows, full of contradictions, like the intervals between light and shadow."
- Michael R. Burch.
21. "Watching them was like watching the sunset and the sunrise, equally beautiful in different ways."
- Shannon A. Thompson.
22. "Together, we form a necessary paradox; not a senseless contradiction."
- Criss Jami.
23. "They were the right counterbalance to one another."
- Kelly Moran.
24. "She was loud and fiery; he was quiet and cool. She always defended him verbally; he always defended her physically."
- Criss Jami.
25. "When you meet someone so different from yourself, in a good way, it’s like fireworks in your heart all the time."
- Lisa Schroeder.
26. "As he stood in the darkness, his eyes glistened and that’s when I knew my light found its traction."
- Dominic Riccitello.
27. "In reality, we are attracted to the person we have chosen not to become, an alternative adjustment to a chord that is nearly the same as our own."
- Sarah Emily Miano.
28. "They were different in so many ways, and yet somehow it made them exactly right for each other."
- Lisa Kleypas.
29. "Maybe that's what love is - a total contradiction that somehow balances."
- Tammara Webber.
30. "Have you ever met a person who at first glance you're not attracted to but then you talk and with every word...they become more beautiful."
31. "We need not think alike to love alike."
- David Terence.
32. "When I met you it was magic...we polar opposites, but attracted like we was magnets."
- Talib Kweli
33. "Positive, negative, north, south, male and female. Looking for that electric moment. Magnet to magnet, opposites attract."
- Robin Green.
Famous Opposites Attract Quotes
Here you will find many colorful quotes, opposites attract famous quotes along with attracted to you quotes.
34. "Well, me and Dobby make a great team... Opposites attract!"
- Mark, 'Peep Show'.
35. "Two people of similar nature can never get along, it takes two opposites to harmonize."
36. "And so the lion fell in love with the lamb."
- Stephenie Meyer.
37. "As different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire."
- Emily Bronte.
38. "How puzzlingly fitting one can be, a couple of opposites."
- Criss Jami.
39. "Their encounter was a blue shift. An anomaly. A collision."
- Hannah Lillith Assadi.
40. "Opposite natures, as necessary to each other's existence as day and night. "
- Lisa Kleypas.
41. "Opposites attract, and I think temperament is so fundamental that you end up craving someone of the opposite temperament to complete you."
- Susan Cain.
42. "Steve is very quiet, even shy. I am very gregarious. So, opposites."
- Jayne Meadows.
43. "Opposites generally create intense chemistry. There are more chances of fireworks when different people are together than similar personalities."
- Sonam Kapoor.
44. "My first and most loved real novel was Little Women. I identified with the Jo character even though we were opposites."
- Rhea Perlman.
45. "I've always felt that complement of opposites: body and soul, solitude and companionship, and in the dance studio, contraction and release, rise and fall."
- Judith Jamison.
46. "Opposites attract. No they don't. Not really. That's just something scientists and people in horrible relationships say.
- Jez, ' Peep Show'.
47. "They say opposites attract, which is possibly why I am very much attracted to Nicholas Parsons."
- Maria McErlane.
48. "Comme des Garcons is a gift to oneself, not something to appeal or to attract the opposite."
- Rei Kawakubo.
49. "Every good girl loved a bad boy. It was a fact of life, a quirk of nature."
- Lora Leigh.
50. "It is the difference between men and women, not the sameness, that creates the tension and the delight."
- Edward Abbey.
51. "I believe in the difference between men and women. In fact, I embrace the difference."
- Elizabeth Taylor.
52. "Opposites attract, and the badder the boy, the more attractive he was to that good girl who couldn't help but be drawn to him."
- Lora Leigh.
Funny Opposites Attract Quotes
Life can be a riot of laughter if you have the perfect opposite to share your time with. Here you will find hilarious opposites attract quotes and hilarious opposites attract but never quotes to have the best time.
53. "Opposites attract and then drive each other insane."
54. "The angel is nothing without the demon."
- A. D. Aliwat.
55. "They say opposites attract. I hope you meet someone who is good-looking, intelligent and cultured."
56. "Sometimes opposites attract, and find out they're not as opposites as they thought"
- Allie Brennan.
57. “At first opposites attract. Then opposites attack.”
- Rick Warren.
58. "Opposites attract - and then aggravate."
- Joy Browne.
59. "Opposites may attract, but I wouldn't put my money on a relationship of financial opposites."
- Suze Orman.
60. "Why are a 'wise man' and a 'wise guy' opposites?"
- George Carlin.
61. "Marriage resembles a pair of shears, so joined that they cannot be separated; often moving in opposite directions, yet always punishing anyone who comes between them."
- Sydney Smith.
62. "Opposites attract - and then can't stand each other."
- Kenneth Kaye.
63. "Opposites can attract, as in magnetism. Or explode, as in matter and antimatter."
- Peter David.
64. "People think about who and what they don't want and attract more of the same."
- Rhonda Byrne.
65. "Most people think of success and failure as opposites, but they both are products of the same process."
- Roger von Oech.
66. "Why do men like intelligent women? Because opposites attract."
- Kathy Lette.
67. "What the essential difference between man and woman is, that they should be thus attracted to one another, no one has satisfactorily answered."
Henry David Thoreau
68. "Like, you challenge me. You get me fired up. We're like steak and horseradish."
- Heidi Joy Tretheway.
69. "If it's true that opposites attract, I should be looking for someone that gets up early and does stuff."
70. "Opposites attract because they are alike. They are alike in that they are opposites."
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for the article on opposites attract quotes then why not take a look at unexpected love quotes, or [sarcastic love quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.