Oskar Schindler was a German industrialist, owner of enamelware and ammunitions factories, and also a member of the Nazi party who was a wartime hero, as he saved the life of 1200 Jewish people.
Oskar Schindler, although he was a member of the Nazi party, rescued and saved many Jews by employing them in his enamelware and ammunitions factories. Being a German industrialist during World War II, he spent most of his fortune by bribing the authorities and keeping Jewish people in Oskar Schindler’s factory as workers.
One of Oskar Schindler’s assistants drew up several versions of a list of up to 1200 Jewish prisoners that needed to be employed in the factory under the German industrialist, these lists came to be known collectively as “Schindler's List.” Later after World War II, Thomas Keneally published Schindler's Ark based on Oskar Schindler and Stephen Spielberg converted that into a major motion picture in 1993 known as ‘Schindler’s list’.
Here is the list of quotes from Oskar Schindler and also from the movie which are very touching, as well as full of empathy. You can learn so much about history and the history of the Holocaust from this movie, it is an emotional journey, so get the tissues ready and enjoy!
Famous Quotes By Oskar Schindler
Owner of enamelware and ammunitions factory, the self-indulgent businesses man who became an unlikely hero did everything in his power to save Jewish people. Here's a list of some of the best quotes by Oskar Schindler.
Here, this list of Oskar Schindler quotes and Oskar Schindler interview quotes distinguish him from the rest of the Nazi party.
1. “Beyond this day, no thinking person could fail to see what would happen. I was now resolved to do everything in my power to defeat the system.”
2. “Power is when you have every justification to kill someone, and then you don't.”
3. “I had to help them. There was no choice.“
4. “I knew the people who worked for me. When you know people, you have to behave towards them like human beings.”
5. “I hated the brutality, the sadism, and the insanity of Nazism. I just couldn't stand by and see people destroyed. I did what I could, what I had to do, what my conscience told me I must do. That's all there is to it.”
6. “The persecution of Jews in occupied Poland meant that we could see horror emerging gradually in many ways.
7. “We must differentiate between guilt and duty The soldier on the front, like the common man, who does his duty everywhere, should not be held responsible for the actions of a few who also called themselves Germans.”
8. “I am the conscience of all those who knew something - but did nothing.”
9. “I thank my personal staff for their restless sacrifice for my work.”
10. “If you saw a dog going to be crushed under a car, wouldn’t you help him?”
Schindler’s List quotes
Spielberg later converted the life of Oskar Schindler into a massively successful motion picture portraying Oskar Schindler as a member of the Nazi and a German industrialist, owner of enamelware and ammunitions and going against the German policy, saving the jews from the horrendous holocaust by employing them as his workers protecting them from the Nazi. Here are some of the curated quotes in the memory of the Jews who lost their lives in the Holocaust.
11. “My father was fond of saying you need three things in life – a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I’ve never had much use for.”
12. “I'm not saying you'll regret it, but you might, you should be aware of that.”
13. “I go to work the other day, nobody's there, nobody tells me about this, I have to find out, I have to go in, everybody's gone.”
14. “I could have got more. I could have got more, I don't know. If I just...I could have got more.”
15. “Stern, if this factory ever produces a shell that can actually be fired, I'll be very unhappy.”
16. “The list is an absolute good. The list is life.”
17. “He who saves one life saves the world entire.”
18. “I know the destination. These are the evacuation orders, I’m to help arrange the shipments, put myself on the last train.”
19. “Today is history, today will be remembered.”
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Oskar Schindler quotes then why not take a look at holy talmud quotes, or torah quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.