Palm Sunday is the day of a Christian moveable feast that memorializes the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem.
As mentioned in the four Gospels, it is a Christian tradition to honor this canonical event by sharing palm branches or a box of branches belonging to native trees like yew, olive, box, and willow which represents the crowds that had gathered to see Jesus Christ entering Jerusalem. This beautiful concept behind the holiday can be easily explained to a child by narrating the life story of Jesus Christ and why this holiday came to be.
Here is a list of some of the best Palm Sunday quotes to kindle your holiday spirits.
Happy Palm Sunday Quotes
Here's a list of Palm Sunday quotes to wish your loved ones a very happy palm Sunday. You can also say "God bless us all" when greeting loved ones on Palm Sunday.
1. "Palm Sunday is like a glimpse of Easter. It's a little bit joyful after being somber during Lent."
2. "Lord, we lift up your name. With hearts full of praise; Be exalted, O Lord my God! Hosanna in the highest!"
3. "Alleluia, how the people cheer and palm leaves rustle as the king draws near."
4. "Remember finally, that the ashes that were on your forehead are created from the burnt palms of last Palm Sunday. New beginnings invariably come from old false things that are allowed to die."
5. "God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, 'I love you.'"
6. "God loves each of us as if there were only one of us."
7. "Ride on, ride on in majesty! In lowly pomp ride on to die; O Christ, thy triumphs now begin O’er captive death and conquered sin."
-Henry Hart Milman.
8. "With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God's grace was so powerfully at work in them all."
9. "They quickly took their cloaks and spread them under him on the bare steps. Then they blew the trumpet and shouted, 'Jehu is king!'"
-2 Kings 9:13.
10. "No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown."
Palm Sunday Quotes From The Bible
Here is a list of some evangelical Palm Sunday scripture quotes from the Holy Bible.
11. "Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
12. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"
-2 Corinthians 5:17.
13. "They took Palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting ‘Hosanna’. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. Blessed is the King of Israel."
14. "Jesus found a donkey and sat upon it, as Scripture says: Do not fear, city of Zion! See, your king is coming, sitting on the colt of a donkey!"
15. "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."
16. "And my soul shall be joyful in the Lord: it shall rejoice in his salvation."
17. "They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus."
18. "When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, 'Who is this?' The crowds answered, 'This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.'"
19. "He exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms."
20. "The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, 'Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!'"
The Best Palm Sunday Quotes
If you are looking to be a little bit joyful and in a holiday spirit, check out this list of the best Palm Sunday quotes.
21. "If just as we are, we would lay ourselves on the altar of service of Jesus Christ, there is no saying what Christ could do with us and through us."
22. "But Palm Sunday tells us that...it is the cross that is the true tree of life."
-Pope Benedict XVI.
23. "Let every man and woman count himself immortal. Let him catch the revelation of Jesus in his resurrection. Let him say not merely, 'Christ is risen,' but 'I shall rise.'"
24. "Therefore I will give him a portion among the great, and he will divide the spoils with the strong, because he poured out his life unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors. For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors."
25. "Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst."
-1 Timothy 1:15.
26. "...and people are to march around the church to commemorate the event, Palm Sunday, when Jesus rode into Jerusalem and was greeted with applause and with palms. People thought he had come to overthrow the Romans, but... no... he had come to change them... and that led to things turning bad."
27. "Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate."
28. "I believe in one God, the first and great cause of goodness. I also believe in Jesus Christ, the rebirth of the world. I also believe in the Holy Ghost, the comforter."
29. "It may well be that the world is denied miracle after miracle and triumph after triumph because we will not bring to Christ what we have and what we are."
30. "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might."
31. "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
– Psalm 8.24.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Palm Sunday quotes then why not take a look at Thank you God quotes and funny Easter quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.