Having bad days is a natural part of life, so we all need ways to pick ourselves up from time to time.
When we feel down, an encouraging word or two can really help. We can find comfort and joy in many places, whether it's a book, a cup of coffee, a feel-good movie, a song, or a friend's comforting words, there are so many ways you can cheer yourself up at the end of a bad day. So, why not check out these positive pick me up quotes? Here you'll find pick me up quotes for him, pick me up quotes for her, and for all your loved ones to cheer anyone up!
Pick Me Up Quotes For A Bad Day
If you have to pick yourself up on a bad day, here are some positive quotes for a good dose of motivation.
1. “Be healthy and take care of yourself, but be happy with the beautiful things that make you, you.”
2. “We just need to be kinder to ourselves. If we treated ourselves the way we treated our best friend, can you imagine how much better off we would be?”
- Meghan Markle.
3. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.”
- Arthur Ashe.
4. “When written in Chinese the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters – one represents danger and the other represents opportunity.”
- John F. Kennedy.
5. “Everyone has inside them a piece of good news. The good news is you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love!”
- Anne Frank.
6. "When you make a mistake, respond to yourself in a loving way rather than a self-shaming way."
- Ellie Holcomb.
7. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
8. “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.”
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
9. "Love yourself first and everything else falls into line."
- Lucille Ball.
10. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.”
- Helen Keller.
11. "I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection."
- Thomas Paine.
12. “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
- A. A. Milne.
13. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.”
- Bonnie Blair.
14. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.”
- William W. Purkey.
15. "Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results."
- Willie Nelson.
Pick Me Up Quotes For When You're Feeling Down
Are you looking for more positive pick me up quotes. When feeling down, we need all of the inspiration we can get, find it here with these motivational and positive pick me up quotes that will lift your mood instantly!
16. “If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.”
- Fred Rogers.
17. “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.”
- C.S. Lewis.
18. “The darkest hour has only sixty minutes.”
- Morris Mandel.
19. “Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget about everything except what you’re going to do now—and do it.”
- Will Durant.
20. “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.”
- C.S. Lewis.
21. “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.”
- Arianna Huffington.
22. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.”
- Christopher Reeve.
23. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”
- Maya Angelou.
24. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”
- Michele Ruiz.
25. "You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you."
- Dan Millman.
26. "Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions."
- Pema Chodron.
27. “No matter what, nobody can take away the dances you've already had.”
- Gabriel García Márquez.
28. "Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming."
- Robert Tew.
29. “My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn’t go as planned, and that’s okay."
- Rachel Wolchin.
Funny Pick Me Up Quotes
Humor is one great way to end a bad day on a positive note. You'll love these quotes that will help you smile through a bad day and bring some laughter into your life.
30. "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- Oscar Wilde.
31. "I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."
- Thomas A. Edison.
32. "Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing 'til it gets there."
- Josh Billings.
33. “If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”
- Dalai Lama.
34. “Life is like a sewer… what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.”
- Tom Lehrer.
35. “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realise I should have been more specific.”
- Lily Tomlin.
36. “So long as your desire to explore is greater than your desire to not screw up, you’re on the right track.”
- Ed Helms.
37. "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
- Zig Ziglar.
38. "Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood."
- Bill Murray.
39. “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs, one step at a time.”
- Joe Girard.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for pick me up quotes then why not take a look at these past quotes or universe quotes too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.