Here are some of the best pineapple puns out there, that are oh-so sweet!
The pineapples that many love to eat originated in South America. When Christopher Columbus came across the fruit during an expedition to the Americas in the fifteenth century, he named it the 'piña de Indes', meaning 'pine of the Indians' because the shape reminded him of pinecones, and he still thought he was in Asia, hence the reference to India.
The English adopted the 'pine' element of the name, and 'apple' came from the Old English 'æpple' which, at the time, was used to describe most fruits. For example, the date fruit was once known as the 'finger apple'. Fast forward a few decades and voila, 'pineapple'. The pineapple is actually known as the 'ananas' fruit in German, Greek, Hebrew, Turkish, Arabic, Latin, Swedish, French, Esperanto, and Hindi and around 30 other languages. Pineapple, on the other hand, is only used in 10 languages.
You might be surprised to know that pineapples ripen faster upside down and that a single pineapple plant will produce a single pineapple, unlike most plants where planting a single seed will yield several new plants. Also, pineapples aren't hard to grow: if you plant pineapple leaves into the ground, you can use them to grow a new pineapple! Pineapples can take up to 20 months to become ready to harvest, but even longer to fully grow. And once that starts, pineapple plants in the wild can live for up to 50 years. What's more, one third of all pineapples in the world are produced in Hawaii!
Got yourself a pineapple crown that you want to grow? Why not name it Piney (the Pineapple), Petunia (the Pineapple), Pedro (the Pineapple), Petra (the Pineapple), Lil Pine, Spongebob's House or Core Blimey (for those who fancy a pun for a name)?
Puns All About The Pineapple
There are four parts of a pineapple, the leaves (which are collectively known as the crown) the core, the flesh, and the skin. This gives plenty to laugh about when it comes to pineapple puns! Take a look at these spiky puns with the word pineapple in them. Find your favourite pineapple pun here!
1. A pineapple never falls far from the tree.
2. How'd you like them pine-apples?
3. A pineapple a day keeps the doctor away.
4. I'm heading to The Big Pineapple to pursue my dreams.
5. Don't upset the pineapple-cart.
6. As American as a pineapple pie.
7. It's like comparing pine-apples to oranges.
8. Trust me, that's a bad pineapple.
9. You are the pineapple of my eye.
10. A rotten pineapple spoils the barrel.
11. Not all men have an Adam's pineapple.
The Best Pineapple Puns
As you know, there are many parts to a pineapple, giving it many traits that make it special and funny There's so much you can do with pineapples, including telling some funny pineapple puns like those below.
12. Easy come, easy grow.
13. I'm juiced around the corner.
14. Fruit for thought.
15. That went down smoothie.
16. Think about your fruiture.
17. Phew, we're juiced in time.
18. It struck a cored with me.
19. Thank you, please be sweeted.
20. I'm not peeling so well.
21. Give it a grow.
22. Any way the wind grows.
23. You're so sweet!
24. Don't fruit the messenger.
25. Fruity is only skin deep.
26. In the sweet of the moment.
27. If you can't take the sweet, get out of the kitchen!
28. Takes one to grow one.
29. Peel the burn.
30. Tie up juice ends.
31. The love of money is the fruit of all evil.
32. Like a deer cored in headlights.
33. I'm trying to get a peel for it.
34. Take a leaf out of my book.
35. You can peel it in your bones.
36. Uh-oh, we've been cored in the act.
37. Let's get to the core of the matter.
38. I'm not half the person I juiced to be.
39. This company has a very low carbon fruitprint.
40. Turn that crown upside down.
41. Follow in the fruitsteps of your hero.
42. It makes me break out in a cold sweet.
43. It's a stone's grow away.
44. Juiced this once.
45. You cored me off guard.
46. Core blimey!
47. Resistance is fruitile.
48. It's smoothie sailing.
49. You know what, fruit yourself.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.