Plumbing comprises an important part of our houses.
The functioning of our homes is heavily reliant on the plumber, be it for drain systems or any other household chores. But plumbers don't necessarily get credited for the role they play in our lives.
Amidst the many glorious professions that people can think of, the ones without which we can't function take a back seat. Plumbing is one such occupation. It takes merit to install a plumbing system in our houses. Accepting and appreciating is the least that we can do on our part. Here you will find famous plumbing sayings and quotes that will make you thank your plumber the next time they visit your place for the water worries.
Best Plumbing Quotes
Plumbing is an art. Plumbing quotes eloquently convey to us that it is not everyone's cup of tea. Here are some of the best plumbing quotes to relish.
1. "A plumber is an adventurer who traces leaky pipes to their source.”
– Arthur Baer.
2. "How is it that you remember the details of a plumbing system but not basic etiquette? Because plumbing is more interesting.”
- Lisa Kleypas.
3. “My singing voice is somewhere between a drunken apology and a plumbing problem.”
– Colin Firth.
4. “If I had my life to live over again, I’d be a plumber.”
– Albert Einstein.
5. “Modern cynics and skeptics…see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing.”
– John F. Kennedy.
6. “Let’s say I was a plumber, or I worked at a factory, I would download music, you feel what I’m saying?”
– Obie Trice.
Funny Plumbing Quotes
One can always make a point with a bit of humor so that it is remembered for a while longer. Here are some of the funniest quotes about plumbers and plumbing. These will make you realize the struggle and the dependency on plumbing in a humorous way. You'll know how important water and plumbing is after these quotes!
7. “Anybody who has any doubt about the ingenuity or the resourcefulness of a plumber never got a bill from one.”
– George Meany.
8. "My plumbing is no one's business but my own."
- Peter O'Toole.
9. "An American husband would never be at the office when the plumbing got clogged - he'd rush home to share it with his wife."
- Stanley Shapiro.
10. "We repair what your husband fixed."
11. “Not only is there no God, but try finding a plumber on Sunday.”
– Woody Allen.
12. “A man's plumbing is like his mind: simple, very few surprises. You ladies, on the other hand...well, God put a lot of thought in making you.”
- Khaled Hosseini.
13. "Working there by day and scrubbing here at night. My life goes by in bathrooms."
- Frederick Hazlitt Brennan.
Famous Plumbing Quotes
It so happens that elite personalities have also realized and taken into account what an absolute necessity plumbing is. Here are some of the most famous plumbing quotes that you can find.
14. "Acting is not an important job in the scheme of things. Plumbing is."
- Spencer Tracy.
15. “Aside from velcro, time is the most mysterious substance in the universe. You can't see it or touch it, yet a plumber can charge you upwards of seventy-five dollars per hour for it, without necessarily fixing anything.”
- Dave Barry
16. "I was focused on building things from an early age. When I was about 3, our toilet broke, and my mother was ready to call the plumber. I told her I would fix it. Between the picture of a toilet and the text she read to me explaining how the parts worked, I fixed it."
- Colin Angle.
17. "We started Homeboy Plumbing. People didn't want gang members in their homes. I just didn't see that coming."
- Greg Boyle.
18. "In the eyes of many lay people, plumber is simply someone who joins pipes together, running the water from one appliance to another."
- R. D. Treloar.
19. “A real man don’t call the plumbers. If he gonna call himself a man, he needs to know how to fix it, on the spot.”
- Phil Robertson
Witty Plumbing Quotes
There sure are some perks to being a plumber. Here are some of the witty sayings about plumbing that you'll love.
20. “Television is like the invention of indoor plumbing. It didn’t change people’s habits. It just kept them inside the house.”
- Alfred Hitchcock.
21. "Wifi was never supposed to be a big thing and certainly not a thing that would become as vital to a home as indoor plumbing."
- Steven Levy.
22. "A plumber is the only person who can take a leak while they fix a leak!”
23. "If I waited for inspiration every time I sat down to write a song I probably would be a plumber today."
– Barry Mann.
24. "A good flush beats a full house every time!"
25. "Editing is really like plumbing a good deal of the time. You put two things together, and a current runs through it."
– Thelma Schoonmaker.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at email@example.com.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for plumbing quotes then why not take a look at kitchen quotes, and bakery quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.