Authenticity is evident when you show your true self and the reality behind how you feel.
Though the above sentence might look simple in reality, it is easy said than done. While being around so many different people locked up in a competitive world, staying true to your authentic self can become difficult.
In such experiences, words or stories that can help you or people you know to move towards self-acceptance are of the utmost importance. An example of being your authentic self can be when you listen to your inner self as a free spirit who isn't afraid of speaking up their mind. This practice would surely enlighten your life and well-being rather than relying on others and external things to make you feel real. To boost this feeling of authentic self or 'real you', quotes like, "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else", by Judy Garland and more such similar quotes by others will act as an inspiration in attaining authenticity.
Check out the quotes on authenticity, existentialism quotes, or quotes about authenticity below that also focus on personality, vulnerability, friends, life, people, self-care, and more such things that can give you the inspiration to be your authentic self.
For more quotes check, [be true to yourself quotes] and [be real quotes].
Best Authenticity Quotes To Boost Your Morale
There is always a way to get your spirits up through self-love. This set of authenticity quotes can be more than just a booster for your morale. Check out for yourself.
1. "Don't worry about being good. Aspire to be authentic."
- Yann Martel.
2. "You attract the right thing when you have a sense of who you are."
- Amy Poehler.
3. "The greatest act of courage is to be and to own all of who you are — without apology, without excuses, without masks to cover the truth of who you are."
- Debbie Ford.
4. "The strongest force in the universe is a human being living consistently with his identity."
- Tony Robbins.
5. "We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be."
- May Sarton.
6. "Nothing is more important than reconnecting with your bliss. Nothing is as rich. Nothing is more real."
- Deepak Chopra.
7. "If you think dealing with issues like worthiness and authenticity and vulnerability are not worthwhile because there are more pressing issues, like the bottom line or attendance or standardized test scores, you are sadly, sadly mistaken. It underpins everything."
- Brene Brown.
8. "Authenticity is about being true to who you are, even when everyone around you wants you to be someone else."
- Michael Jordan.
9. "The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are."
- C.G. Jung.
10. "Best keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you see the world."
- George Bernard Shaw.
11. "If you choose to be fearless, then be fearlessly authentic not an imitation of someone you envy."
- Shannon L. Alder.
12. "To become authentic we require a thirst for freedom."
- Don Mateo Sol.
Authenticity Quotes About Life, And More
Words when they come from others make you think more deeply about life. Check out these authenticity quotes below that can remind you that authenticity is important.
13. "Everything will line up perfectly when knowing and living the truth becomes more important than looking good."
- Alan Cohen.
14. "Live authentically. Why would you continue to compromise something that's beautiful to create something that is fake?"
- Steve Maraboli.
15. "We need to find the courage to say no to the things and people that are not serving us if we want to rediscover ourselves and live our lives with authenticity."
- Barbara De Angelis.
16. "There is so much more to life than what you experience right now. You need to decide who you are for yourself. Become a whole being. Adventure."
- Roy T. Bennet.
17. "Being honest may not get you many friends, but it’ll always get you the right ones."
- John Lennon.
18. "Authenticity is more than speaking; Authenticity is also about doing. Every decision we make says something about who we are."
- Simon Sinek.
19. "To find yourself, think for yourself."
20. "Authenticity is the daily practice of letting go of who we think we’re supposed to be and embracing who we are."
- Brene Brown.
21. "Accepting the reality of our sinfulness means accepting our authentic self."
- Brennan Manning, 'The Rabbi's Heart', 2014.
22. "To be nobody but myself-in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me somebody else-means to fight the hardest battle any human can fight, and never stop fighting."
- E. E. Cummings.
23. "A successful life is one that is lived through understanding and pursuing one's own path, not chasing after the dreams of others."
- Chin-Ning Chu.
24. "Pretentiousness repels but authenticity attracts, and vulnerability is the pathway to intimacy."
- Rick Warren, 'The Purpose Driven Life: What On Earth Am I Here For?', 2002.
Most Popular Authenticity Quotes To Inspire You
Authenticity quotes that are popular among people can make their way through everyone's heart and help you in being true to yourself. Check these authenticity quotes to get inspired right away.
25. "The keys to brand success are self-definition, transparency, authenticity, and accountability."
- Simon Mainwaring.
26. "To become conscious and aware, we must become authentic. Authenticity is the highest form of being."
- Teal Swan.
27. "Stay true to your brand and true to your voice and audiences will respond to that authenticity with enthusiasm and passion."
- Kevin Spacey.
28. "Only the truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free."
- Eckhart Tolle.
29. "The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be."
- Leo Buscaglia.
30. "Authenticity is your most precious commodity as a leader."
- Marcus Buckingham.
31. "The closer you stay to emotional authenticity and people, character authenticity, the less you can go wrong."
- David O. Russell.
32. "Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day. It's about the choice to show up and be real. The choice to let our true selves be seen."
- Brene Brown.
33. "We are constantly invited to be who we are."
- Henry David Thoreau.
34. "When you are authentic, you create a certain energy, people want to be around you because you are unique."
- Andie MacDowell.
35. "I’ve always loved the idea of not being what people expect me to be."
- Dita Von Teese.
Existential Quotes About Being Authentic In Life
Everything can at times be a reason for the feeling of vulnerability. In such cases, honesty is what can get you through the existential whirlpool into being your real self. Check out these authenticity quotes and make authenticity a norm for a better life.
36. "Be yourself, not your idea of what you think somebody else’s idea of yourself should be."
- Henry David Thoreau.
37. "Transparency is not the same as looking straight through a building, it is not just a physical idea, it is also an intellectual one."
- Helmut Jahn.
38. "To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end in life."
- Robert Louis Stevenson.
39. "To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."
- Irving Wallace.
40. "Hard times arouse an instinctive desire for authenticity."
- Coco Chanel.
41. "The truth is unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward."
- Steve Maraboli, 'Unapologetically You: Reflections On Life And The Human Experience', 2013.
42. "Authenticity starts in the heart."
- Brian D’Angelo.
43. "If any man seeks for greatness, let him forget greatness and ask for truth, and he will find both."
- Horace Mann.
44. "Be yourself, everyone else is taken."
- Oscar Wilde.
45. "No one man can, for any considerable time, wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which is the true one."
- Nathaniel Hawthorne.
46. "Be yourself. Authenticity trumps cool every time."
- Craig Groeschel.
Authenticity Quotes By Famous Personalities
Authenticity quotes from famous personalities and others will always end up being an inspiration. Check out for yourself with the authenticity quotes given below.
47. "Be yourself, don't take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive."
- Gerard Way.
48. "I can be a better me than anyone can."
- Diana Ross.
49. "Never apologize for what you feel. It's like saying sorry for being real."
- Lil Wayne.
50. "The most common form of despair is not being who you are."
- Soren Kierkegaard, 'Sickness Unto Death', 1849.
51. "The accusation that we’ve lost our soul resonates with a very modern concern about authenticity."
- Patricia Hewitt.
52. "Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."
- Bruce Lee.
53. "Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway."
- Mother Theresa.
54. "Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone don't be someone else just be yourself."
- Selena Gomez.
55. "As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is authenticity."
- Charlie Chaplin, 'As I Began To Love Myself'.
56. "Do your thing and don't care if they like it."
- Tina Fey.
57. "I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier."
- Oprah Winfrey.
58. "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."
- Steve Jobs.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for authenticity quotes then why not take a look at [be present quotes], or [be humble quotes].
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.