Oh my gourdness, the kids are going to love these pumpkin jokes!
Autumn will soon be upon us which means one thing for the kids- Halloween! And no Halloween is complete without pumpkins! Whether you carve them, make them into a pie, or indulge in a pumpkin spiced drink, pumpkins will be popping up everywhere.
We’ve harvested a crop of pumpkin jokes, so if you’re looking for pumpkin fun you’re in the right place.
Question & Answer Pumpkin Jokes
Get the kids pumped up with these funny pumpkin jokes!
1) Why was Cinderella not very good at tennis? Because her coach was a pumpkin!
2) What did the pumpkin say when he was asked how he was feeling? I’m vine, thanks for asking!
3) What do you call an autumnal pop star? Pumpkin Spice!
4) Who did the pumpkin run away from? Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother!
5) What day of the week do pumpkins dread the most? Squash-urday!
6) What vegetable does a pumpkin become when an elephant stands on it? Squash!
7) Why were two pumpkins so close together? They had deep roots!
8) What did the pumpkin pie say after a big meal? That was filling!
9) What are jack-o-lanterns afraid of? Things that go pumpkin in the night!
10) What’s orange and faster than a speeding train? Super pumpkin!
11) How do gourds get so strong? By pumpkin iron!
12) What kind of gourd grows on trees? Plumkins!
13) What is black, white, orange and waddles? A penguin carrying a pumpkin!
14) What did the orange pumpkin say to the green pumpkin? Why orange you orange?
15) What did the pumpkin say at the end of Halloween? Good-pie everyone!
16) What do you call a pretty pumpkin? Gourgeous!
17) What did the gardener say when all of his squash went missing? Something pumpkin is going on here!
18) Why did the pumpkin turn red? Because it saw the salad dressing!
19) Who is the leader of all pumpkins? The pumpking!
20) What did the orange pumpkin say to the green pumpkin? You’re looking a bit sick!
21) What do you get when you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter? Pumpkin pi!
22) When is an orange not an orange? When it’s a pumpkin!
23) What do you say when you meet a big pumpkin with sharp teeth? See you later!
24) How are pumpkins like cats? You’ll find them by the door when you get home!
25) Why did the Jack-o-lantern keep forgetting things? Because he was empty-headed!
26) What is a pumpkin’s favourite sport? Squash!
27) Why did the witch paint her toenails orange? So she could hide in the pumpkin patch!
28) What kind of animal loves pumpkins? Orange-atans!
29) How did the winter squash pay for things? With pumpkin bread!
30) Why do pumpkins sit by people’s doorsteps? Because they have no hands to knock on the door!
31) What is orange and goes choo choo? A pumpkin train-ing!
32) What do you get if you drop a pumpkin? Squash!
33) How do you fix a broken jack-o-lantern? With a pumpkin patch!
34) What do pumpkins eat at the cinema? Pulp corn!
35) Why did the pumpkin cross the road? Because it fell off the wagon!
36) Who helped the baby pumpkins to cross the road? The crossing gourd!
37) What do you call a pumpkin who works at the beach? A life-gourd!
38) What did one pumpkin say to the other? Cut it out!
39) What do you call a pumpkin that plays a lot of sport? A jock-o-lantern!
40) What does a pirate jack-o-lantern wear? A pumpkin patch!
41) What's the best thing to put in your pumpkin pie? Your teeth!
42) Why are pumpkins so bad at tests? Because they’ve had their brains scooped out!
Did You Know? Pumpkins are actually a fruit and not a vegetable! Pumpkins belong to the gourd family which includes watermelons, honeydew melons, cucumbers, and cantaloupe.
Be the pun-king (or queen!) with these clever puns all about pumpkins.
43) Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
44) Let’s give them pumpkin to talk about!
45) I only have pies for you!
46) I’m a country pumpkin.
47) Pumpkin spice up your life!
48) Happy Hollow-ween!
49) Let’s get glowing!
50) Your smile lights up a room.
51) You’ve got to be pumpkin-ding me!
52) Pumpkin spice season is finally here, better latte than never.
53) You’re the pick of the pumpkin patch!
54) Hit the road Jack-o-lantern!
55) Beauty is in the pie of the beholder.
56) I’m ahead of the carve!
57) I’m feeling empty inside.
58) Pumpkin Pi.
59) I have to spill my guts, I love Halloween!
60) A pumpkin a day keeps the witches away!
Oh my gourd-ness, the kids will love these pumpkin riddles.
61) You might pick up one of these
When you go out to a patch
Carve it, put in a candle
And then light it with a match
From October to November
You’ll see me about
I’m in lattes and pies, a treat for your mouth!
What am I?
62) If you do this well
And carve it right
You’re sure to give
Someone a fright.
What am I?
63) Remove the seeds
And carve a face
Your front doorstep
Is where it’s placed.
What am I?
64) If you buy a big one of these
You surely will not starve
As what’s inside can feed many
And they’re also good to carve.
What am I?
65) The bigger it is
The more it feeds
This orange squash
Has lots of seeds.
What am I?
66) I have seeds but I’m not a watermelon
I can be made into a pie but I’m not an apple
I can be carved but I’m not roast beef
I’m orange but I’m not an orange
I’m associated with a patch but I’m not an eye
What am I?
67) I’m made of pumpkin and spice but not everything nice
I prefer ghosts and ghouls and anything cruel
I can cool you down after the hottest time ever
You can figure me out without having to be clever.
What am I?
The month of October!
68) I’m tall when I’m young, I’m short when I’m old, and every Halloween I stand inside pumpkins. What am I?
Knock Knock Pumpkin Jokes
A classic knock-knock joke never fails to raise a smile, and these pumpkin-themed jokes won’t disappoint!
69) Knock Knock
Orange you glad I didn’t say pumpkin again?!
70) Knock Knock
Aida the whole pumpkin pie!
71) Knock Knock
Wanda piece of pumpkin pie?
72) Knock Knock
Ice cream who?
Ice cream, you scream, we all scream for Halloween!
73) Knock Knock
Butter open the door quick, I’ve got to show you my pumpkin!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.