Brothers are responsible, affectionate siblings, they pretend to be hard but always hold affection and care for you.
“Brothers aren’t simply close; they are knit together”, as Robert Brown describes it, brothers are someone who are bonded through hearts and souls. Brothers are partners-in-crime, true secret keepers, and even sometimes our worst enemies.
You can count on your brothers for having your back. Whether it be your little brother or big brother, best brother quotes will aptly describe your relationship. Here are best quotes about brothers and their dear love for you that are full of affection and care.
If you like this article, do not forget to check out [brotherhood quotes] and [big brother quotes] as well.
Best Quotes About Brothers
Whether it be quotes about brothers love or quotes about little brothers, there are many quotes that are enjoyed by brothers. Here are the best brother quotes to help you express affection for your brother.
1. “I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.”
- Maya Angelou.
2. “Never make a companion equal to a brother.”
3. “Mum used to say we were the same soul split in two and walking around on four legs. It seems unnatural being born together and then dying apart.”
- Melodie Ramone.
4. “A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother.”
5. “A brother is a friend given by nature.”
- Ernest Legouvé.
6. “I had a brother who was my savior, which made my childhood bearable.”
- Maurice Sendak.
7. “Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero.”
- Marc Brown.
8. “I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends.”
- James Boswell.
9. “Because brothers don’t let each other wander in the dark alone.”
- Jolene Perry.
10. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.”
- Richard Bach.
11. “Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other.”
- James Patterson.
12. “Brothers aren’t simply close; brothers are knit together.”
- Robert Rivers.
13. “We came into the world like brother and brother; And now let’s go hand in hand, not one before another.”
- William Shakespeare.
14. “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.”
- Leonardo DiCaprio.
15. “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother.”
- Astrid Alauda.
16. “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were…we live outside a touch of time.”
- Clara Ortega.
17. “Hey, brother! There’s an endless road to rediscover.”
18. “There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.”
- Terri Guillemets.
Fantastic Brothers Quotes
No matter how hard life is, brothers are always there for each other. As they have childhood memories and grown up together, brothers as well as brothers and sisters share a great rapport. Check out some of the most fantastic brother quotes as captions for your lovely brother posts. Use these quotes to express your love for your brother.
19. “Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.”
- Susan Scarf Merrell.
20. “The beauty of genuine brotherhood and peace is more precious than diamonds or silver or gold.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
21. “My brother is my best friend.”
- Erinn Smart.
22. “He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.”
- Gregg Levoy.
23. “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have and I do not now. I live in his glow.”
- Michael Morpurgo.
24. “All life is interrelated. The agony of the poor impoverishes the rich; the betterment of the poor enriches the rich. We are inevitably our brother's keeper because we are our brother's brother. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly.”
- Martin Luther King Jr.
25. “From the time we're born, our brothers and sisters are our collaborators and co-conspirators, our role models, and our cautionary tales.”
- Jeffrey Kluger.
26. “I think people that have a brother or sister don't realize how lucky they are. Sure, they fight a lot, but to know that there's always somebody there, somebody that's family.”
- Trey Parker.
27. “Once a brother, always a brother no matter the distance, no matter the difference and no matter the issue.”
- Byron Pulsifer.
28. “You are a manipulator. I like to think of myself more as an outcome engineer.”
- J.R. Ward.
29. “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.”
- Edwin Markham.
30. “He looked at his friend, perhaps for the last time, and said what he had always known, from the moment they’d met when he’d understood that the prince was his brother in soul. “I love you.”
- Sarah J. Maas, ‘Heir Of Fire’.
31. “The happiest days of my youth were when my brother and I would run through the woods and feel quite safe.”
- Rachel Weisz..
32. “Oh, brothers! I don’t care for brothers. My elder brother won’t die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.”
- Oscar Wilde, ‘The Picture Of Dorian Gary’.
33. “There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother…Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too.”
- Anna Quindlen.
34. “A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.”
35. “When my brother passed away... I made a decision that I might die soon, and if I die, I want people to know who I really am.”
- Leslie Jones.
Amazing Brothers Quotes
Siblings are known to share private family jokes whenever they get together. Here are the most amazing brother quotes for you to use whenever you want to say that I love my brother.
36. “We didn’t even realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun.”
- Winnie The Pooh.
37. “When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life.”
38. “Brothers are first a bother, then a true friend.”
- Kate Summers.
39. “Do you know what friendship is…it is to be brother and sister; two souls which touch without mingling, two fingers on one hand.”
- Victor Hugo.
40. “The universal brotherhood of man is our most precious possession.”
- Mark Twain.
41. “Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore.”
- Hindu Proverb.
42. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.”
- Esther M. Friesner.
43. ““When I look at each of my brothers, I see two things. First, I see the next place I want to leave a rosy welt. Second, I see a good man who will always be there, no matter how hard life gets for me or him. Then, I get out of the way because I realize he’s coming at me with a wet dish towel.”
― Dan Pearce.
44. “We shared parents, home, pets, celebrations, catastrophes, secrets. And the threads of our experience became so interwoven that we are linked. I can never be utterly lonely, knowing you share the planet.”
- Pam Brown.
45. “Nothing can stop me from loving my brother.”
- Brandy Norwood.
46. “My brother is one of my true heroes. Steady and sober where I am impulsive and emotional.”
- Mark McKinnon.
47. “Growing up, I had a very normal relationship with my brother and sister. But, over time, they became my best friends, and now I hang out with them all the time. I’m very close to them.”
- Logan Lerman.
48. “There is no success you can celebrate more than the success of a brother.”
- Diego Luna.
49. “God blesses him who helps his brother.”
- Abu Bakr.
50. “I grew up with six brothers. That’s how I learned to dance, waiting for the bathroom.”
- Bob Hope.
51. “Everyone knows that if you've got a brother, you're going to fight.”
- Liam Gallagher.
52. “To steal from a brother or sister is evil. To not steal from the institutions that are the pillars of the Pig Empire is equally immoral.”
- Abbie Hoffman.
Sweet Brother Quotes For Little Brother
Brothers always tend to act like they are stronger. But they are sweethearts in their own ways. Here are some of the sweetest quotes for little brother and big brother.
53. “Brothers that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something.”
- Lemony Snicket.
54. “Brothers are children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal until they get together.”
- Sam Levenson.
55. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose.”
56. “Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother.”
- Kahlil Gibran.
57. “After a girl is grown, her little brothers - now her protectors - seem like big brothers.”
58. “It takes two men to make one brother.”
- Israel Zangwill.
59. “There is a destiny that makes us brothers, no one goes his way alone; all that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own.”
- Edwin Markham.
60. “There was brotherhood between people who had fed from the same breast, a kinship that even time could not break.”
- Amir Khaled Hosseini, ‘The Kite Runner’.
61. “My brother was a great audience, and if he liked the picture, he would laugh and laugh and laugh, and he would want to keep the picture. Making people laugh with an image I had created…what power that was!”
- Lynn Johnston.
62. “The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder.”
- Jane Austen.
63. “We are certainly on different paths at the moment, but I will always be there for him, and as I know he will always be there for me.”
- Prince Harry.
64. “Brothers and sisters separated by distance joined by love.”
- Chuck Danes.
65. “No one could understand the bond between me and my brother. I struggled to understand the forces that drove his soul in one direction and mine in another.”
- Barry White.
66. “What strange creatures brothers are.”
- Jane Austen.
67. “Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply.”
- Jane Austen, ‘Mansfield Park’.
68. “Brother and sister, together as friends, ready to face whatever life sends. Joy and laughter or tears and strife, holding hands tightly as we dance through life.”
- Suzie Huitt.
Beautiful Brother Quotes
Sibling relations are one of the most beautiful relations one can have. Check out some of the most beautiful brother quotes for you to read and enjoy with your little brother.
69. “A Brother may not be a Friend, but a Friend will always be a Brother.”
- Benjamin Franklin.
70. “You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them.”
- Desmond Tutu.
71. “She had always wanted a brother. And she had one now. Sebastian. It was like always wanting a puppy and being a hellhound instead.”
- Cassandra Clare.
72. “My sister was drowning in the ocean once, and my brother and I dove in and saved her. True story. She owes us her life. It’s great leverage; we abuse it all the time!”
- Matt Barr.
73. “A sibling is the lense through which you see your childhood.”
- Ann Hood.
74. “ What sets sisters apart from brothers and also from friends is a very intimate meshing of heart, soul and the mystical cords of memory.”
- Carol Saline.
75. “I have a tendency to become a mother to everyone around me. My brother and sister are always complaining that I’m too protective.”
- Penelope Cruz.
76. “The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother – and they’ll settle for a puppy every time.”
- Winston Pendelton.
77. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.”
- Vietnamese Proverb.
78. “A brother is a friend provided by nature.”
- Legouve Pere.
79. “My brothers are like oil and vinegar, but they have always been there for me. In that way, they are exactly alike!”
- Sally Painter.
80. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.”
- Michael J. Fox.
81. “You guys are, like, twins and stuff. You must be from the cool side of the uterus.”
- Marissa Ribisi, ‘Pleasantville’.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about brothers that are full of affection, then why not take a look at brother and sister quotes, or sisterhood quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.