When we say someone is gifted, it means that they have extraordinary talents and abilities in a field or activity.
Talent is what sets an individual apart from the rest. The person can be a gifted dancer, artist, dramatist, writer, scholar, musician, cook, and the list goes on.
Gifted individuals are known to be high-achievers and hard-working. However, being gifted is not limited to one's performance in school tests; being gifted has a wider connotation that extends to other areas that do not use conventional timed tests as a yardstick to measure one's giftedness. For instance, in fields like sports and social relations, a person's talent is measured by their dexterity and natural ability for an activity or task, plus their ability to train and do well. On the other hand, the literal meaning of gift is a present or offering given to someone without the expectation of anything in return.
Inspirational Quotes About Skill And Talent
Here is an ensemble of some great quotes about being gifted and talented.
1. "Genius is the gold in the mine; talent is the miner that works and brings it out."
- Marguerite Blessington.
2. "All great men are gifted with intuition. They know without reasoning or analysis, what they need to know."
- Alexis Carrel.
3. "No matter how talented you are or naturally gifted you are, there's no substitute to hard work if you got to maintain standards."
- Rohit Sharma.
4. "We are all gifted, but we have to discover the gift, uncover the gift, nurture and develop the gift and use it for the Glory of God and for the liberation struggle of our people."
- Louis Farrakhan.
5. "What makes a child gifted and talented may not always be good grades in school, but a different way of looking at the world and learning."
- Chuck Grassley.
6. “Talent is an accident of genes, and a responsibility.”
- Alan Rickman.
7. “If you're young and talented, it's like you have wings.”
- Haruki Murakami.
8. “Talent is a wonderful thing, but it won't carry a quitter. ”
- Stephen King.
9. “Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.”
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
10. “Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see.”
- Arthur Schopenhauer.
Beautiful Quotes About Gifts
Looking for gift quotes? Here are some gift quotes that you'll totally love!
11. “God wants nothing from you but the gift of a peaceful heart.”
- Meister Eckhart.
12. "I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself."
- Walter Anderson.
13. “The greatest gift that you can give yourself is a little bit of your own attention.”
- Anthony J. D'Angelo.
14. "I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you."
- Joyce Meyer.
15. "Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third."
- Marge Piercy.
16. "Beauty is a gift, just like good health or intelligence. The only thing is not to be proud of being beautiful. Because you didn't do anything - it was given to you."
- Monica Bellucci.
17. "It isn't the size of the gift that matters, but the size of the heart that gives it."
- Eileen Elias.
18. “I thank fate for having made me born poor. Poverty taught me the true value of the gifts useful to life.”
- Anatole France.
19. “Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.”
- Richard Bach.
20. “The greatest gift you can give another is the purity of your attention.”
- Richard Moss.
21. "The greatest gift in life is to be remembered."
- Ken Venturi.
22. “Love's the greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred.”
- Barbara De Angelis.
23. “Surprise is the greatest gift which life can grant us.”
- Boris Pasternak.
24. “A wise lover values not so much the gift of the lover as the love of the giver.”
- Thomas à Kempis.
25. "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."
- Jim Valvano.
26. "You take away all the other luxuries in life, and if you can make someone smile and laugh, you have given the most special gift: happiness."
- Brad Garrett.
27. “You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
- Kahlil Gibran.
Quotes About Spiritual Gifts
A spiritual gift is believed to be a supernatural grace that the Holy Spirit blesses one with. Here are some spiritual gift quotes and sayings to help you believe in extraordinary powers.
28. "Your spiritual gifts were not given for your own benefit but for the benefit of others, just as other people were given gifts for your benefit."
- Rick Warren.
29. "A spiritual gift is a supernaturally designed ability granted to every believer by which the Holy Spirit ministers to the body of Christ."
30. “God will not give me humility, or patience, or holiness, or love as separate investments of His grace. He has given only one gift to meet our need, His Son Christ Jesus.”
- Watchman Nee.
31. “Do not be satisfied with God's calling or His gifts in your life. Be satisfied with Jesus Christ Himself.”
- Brother Yun.
32. “Beauty is indeed a good gift of God; but that the good may not think it a great good, God dispenses it even to the wicked.”
- Saint Augustine.
The Bible Quotes About Gifts
Here is a collection of some beautiful gift quotes and sayings from The Bible to reinforce your faith in the blessings of the Lord.
33. "Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy."
- The Bible, 1 Cornithians 14:1.
34. "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"
- The Bible, Matthew 7:11.
35. "Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
- The Bible, Luke 6:38.
36. "As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace."
- The Bible, Peter 4:10.
37. "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change."
- The Bible, James 1:17.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about gifts then why not take a look at quotes about dreaming big, or quotes about the universe.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.