Legends are historical stories that aren't always proven to be entirely true.
A legend can also refer to an inspirational person who has created history and is remembered for the impact that they have created through their work or personality. Legends are basically a part of folklore that is realistic in nature.
However, at times a legend is altered in order to fit the time and age. A sub-category named urban legend has become very popular these days. The main concept of it is it is based on popular culture based on conspiracy theories and mysterious events. One of the most noteworthy example of urban legend is, "Paul is dead", according to which Paul McCartney from the English rock band 'The Beatles' died in 1966 and was secretly replaced by his doppelganger. In this article, you will find extremely inspirational legends quotes that will stay with you for a long time. You could also check out hero quotes for more such quotes induced wisdom.
If you liked this legends quotes article, you can also take a look at our [legend quotes] and hero quotes.
Inspirational Quotes On Legends
Your all-time favorite inspirational legends quotes are listed below.
1. "Legends need not concern themselves with something as small as happiness."
2. "Sometimes legends make reality, and become more useful than the facts."
3. "I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend."
4. "His legend will be written down, eventually, by those who are troubled by it."
5. "I would really, really, really like to be a legend like Madonna. Madonna knows what to do next, and when she's performing, the audience is just in awe of her."
6. "I set about seeking a thread, a theme, a style, in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image."
7. "In my own life, I think legends of supernatural, mythic things are really just a manifestation of the collective unconscious."
8. "There used to be a time when the idea of heroes was important. People grew up sharing those myths and legends and ideals. Now they grow up sharing McDonalds and Disneyland."
9. "John Legend is a nickname that somebody started calling me a while ago and part of it is 'cos I sound like an old man when I sing."
10. "After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth'."
11. "As a boy, because I was born and raised in Ohio, about 60 miles north of Dayton, the legends of the Wrights have been in my memories as long as I can remember."
12."I've seen a lot of patriots and they all died just like anybody else if it hurt bad enough and once they were dead their patriotism was only good for legends; it was bad for their prose and made them write bad poetry."
13."I don't think she is underappreciated, certainly not among writers, but Alice Munro is the classic underappreciated writer among readers. It is almost a cliche now to wonder why this living legend is not more widely read."
14. "Let the word and the legend go before you. Let the world go before you. Let your shadow grow. Let it grow hair on its face. Let it become dark. Given time, words may even enchant an enchanter."
Quotes About Urban Legends
Inspirational legends quotes that will truly make your day are listed below.
15. "I love watching the slow rise of the urban legend. They're the stories that we use to explain ourselves to ourselves."
16. "The seed of an urban legend find fertile soil at the corner of tragedy and imagination."
17. "The explosions, like the urban legends, are a great way of bringing people in to watch, because it's really fun, and you know we're always going to give you a satisfying ending."
18. "I've had a lifelong obsession with urban legends and American folklore."
19. "No child has ever been kidnapped from Disneyland. This is one of many Disneyland urban legends that don't have a basis in fact. The kidnap stories-- urban legends."
-Leslie Le Mon.
20. The idea of the chickens with the multiple breasts and thighs came from an urban legend that some fast-food places had developed chickens with four thighs. It wasn't true, but it is a suggestive rumor.
Quotes About Legends Dying
If you are looking for inspirational legends quotes, these hand-picked curated quotes are just what you are looking for.
21. "The birth of a legend is the death of a hero. Every man wishes to die a hero. A hero’s death is glorious!"
22. "Legends die hard. They survive as truth rarely does."
23. "I wrote 'Legends of the Fall' in nine days, but I had been thinking about it for a few years."
24. "Don Alfredo leaves us, but his memory will last forever in our hearts. Legends never die. Thanks for everything Maestro."
25. "Legends die hard. They survive as truth rarely does."
26. "History has its truth, and so has legend. Legendary truth is of another nature than historical truth. Legendary truth is invention whose result is reality. Furthermore, history and legend have the same goal; to depict eternal man beneath momentary man."
27. "Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."
28. "Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
29. "Then you'll die in the midst of trying to realize your Personal Legend. That's a lot better than dying like millions of other people, who never even knew what their Personal Legends were."
30. "All the great legends are Templates for human behavior. I would define a myth as a story that has survived."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for legends quotes then why not take a look at warrior quotes and [gladiator quotes]
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.