Medicine is practiced by nurses, doctors, and many different specialists.
Medicine is the science, art, and practice of caring for a patient by a physician or any medical professional. It covers the treatment, diagnosis, and prevention of ailments and illness.
Medicine is so important. The diagnosis, prognosis, prevention, treatment, or palliation of illness and disease is vital for all of us throughout our lives. Put simply, in order to lead a healthy life we all rely on medicine.
Contemporary medicine applies medical sciences, medical research, medical technology, and genetics to diagnose, treat, and prevent injury and disease in many different ways. Medicine can include several fields such as anatomy, which involves the study of the physical structure of the human body, biochemistry which is the study of chemical components inside the body, genetics which is the study of the genetic structure, and more. The science of medicine has improved our quality of life across the globe and has changed millions of lives and we must celebrate this.
There are so many great quotes about medicine that have been useful for budding doctors and physicians to boost their morale and encourage them to achieve even more in their sector. Here, we have gathered the best medicine quotes, including quotes about the art of medicine and famous quotes about medicine for budding doctors and physicians. Let's look at some of these inspiring medicine quotes now! If you like these medicine quotes, you can also take a look at these doctor quotes and blood quotes.
Quotes About The Human Body And Medicine
Here are some healthcare quotes and medicine quotes for you. These good quotes about medicine are guaranteed to inspire you, and they show us why medicine is important.
1. "Every man is the builder of a temple, called his body, to the god he worships, after a style purely his own, nor can he get off by hammering marble instead. We are all sculptors and painters, and our material is our own flesh and blood and bones."
- Henry David Thoreau.
2. "Let the young know they will never find a more interesting, more instructive book than the patient himself."
- Giorgio Baglivi.
3. "The art of medicine consists of amusing the patients while nature itself cures the disease."
4. "Medicine is as close to love as it is to science, and its relationships matter even at the edge of life itself."
- Rachel Naomi Remen.
5. "Wherever the art of Medicine is loved, there is also a love of Humanity."
6. "Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain."
- Charlie Chaplin.
7. "Anywhere you have extreme poverty and no national health insurance, no promise of health care regardless of social standing, that's where you see the sharp limitations of market-based health care."
- Paul Farmer.
Quotes About Food As Medicine
Here are some food as medicine quotes that we have collected for you.
8. "Healthy does not mean starving yourself ever. Healthy means eating the right food in the right amount."
- Karen Salmansohn.
9. "The body to has its rights, and it will have them: they cannot be trampled on without peril. The body ought to be the soul's best friend. Many good men however have neglected to make it such: so it has become a fiend and has plagued them.
- Augustus William Hare.
10. "Physicians won’t make your health. Nutritionists won’t make you slim... Ultimately, you have to take responsibility. Save yourself."
- Naval Ravikant.
11. "Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy, and spirit you possess or takes away from it."
- Ann Wigmore.
12. "Nothing will benefit human health and increase the chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
- Albert Einstein.
13. "The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine."
14. "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food."
15. "Remember, too, that at a time when people are very concerned with their health and its relationship to what they eat, we have handed over the responsibility for our nourishment to faceless corporations."
- Lynne Rossetto Kasper.
Funny Quotes About Medicine
Here are some funny medicine quotes to tickle your funny bone!
16. "It’s kinda scary when a doctor asks your price range."
- Tom Wilson.
17. "Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness and the hospital."
– Edward Stanley.
18. "Medical school is like eating an elephant. You just have to do it one bite at a time."
- Samer Benz.
19. "You may not be able to read a doctor’s handwriting and prescription, but you’ll notice his bills are neatly typewritten."
- Earl Wilson.
20. "The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease."
- Thomas A. Edison.
21. "Hospitals should be arranged in such a way as to make being sick an interesting experience. One learns a great deal sometimes from being sick."
- Alan Wilson Watts.
Inspirational Quotes About Doctors
We all appreciate the hard work of doctors, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals so much. Are you a budding physician? Why not read these inspiring quotes about doctors to learn more about this highly skilled profession?
23. "Each patient carries his own doctor inside him."
- Norman Cousin.
24. "There are only two sorts of doctors: those who practice with their brains, and those who practice with their tongues."
- William Osler.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 21+ of the best quotes about medicine for all budding doctors, then why not take a look at these [quotes on progression], or [quotes on sleeplessness] for more great quotes to share with friends and family members?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.