Sometimes in life we face challenges and difficulties that may seem insurmountable.
We need to learn to overcome obstacles that appear in our journey. Overcoming obstacles is important because an ability to overcome obstacles allows us to move forward in life, and not be held back by the challenges that we face.
The ability to overcome obstacles is called resilience. People who can stay strong and face every difficulty head-on and don't give up easily are hugely resilient. They stay inspired and motivated even when they know that it will take time and effort to overcome their obstacles.
If you are facing difficult challenges and are looking for the strength to overcome them, you might like to read these inspirational quotes all about overcoming obstacles. In this list of inspirational overcoming obstacles quotes, there are even some Bible quotes about overcoming obstacles, and much, much more. You never know, you might just find the strength to believe in your abilities in these inspirational quotes!
If you like these overcoming obstacles quotes, you can also check out these [quotes on progression] or keep going quotes for more inspirational quotes to share with family and friends.
Famous Quotes About Overcoming Obstacles In Life
Here, we have collected some of the most famous quotes to help you through the challenges that may come on your journey through life. In order to be successful, we need to believe in ourselves, and these quotes can give us the strength to do that!
1. "Energy and persistence conquer all things."
- Benjamin Franklin.
2. "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."
- Robert F. Kennedy.
3. "Fire is the test of gold; adversity, of strong men."
- Martha Graham.
4. "Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."
- Robert A. Heinlein, 'Time Enough For Love'.
5. "Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle."
- Napoleon Hill.
6. "You can make mistakes, but you're not a failure until you start blaming others for those mistakes."
- John Wooden.
7. "Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I’ll show you someone who has overcome adversity."
- Lou Holtz.
8. "Courage is one step ahead of fear."
- Coleman Young.
9. "There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits."
- Michael Phelps.
10. "Life keeps throwing me stones. And I keep finding the diamonds."
- Ana Claudia Antunes.
11. "Don’t be afraid to do something you’re not qualified to do."
- Dan Carlin.
12. "If you’re going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill.
13. "Yesterday’s mistakes cannot affect today’s possibilities unless you dwell on them."
- Benjamin Lotter.
14. "Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I built my life."
- J. K. Rowling.
15. "Success is performing to the limit of your potential."
- Bob Knight.
16. "Yesterday I dared to struggle, today I dare to win."
- Bernadette Devlin.
Inspirational Quotes About Overcoming Obstacles
We have collected some inspirational quotes that might help you overcome the challenges you face here.
17. "Achieving success is a challenge but so is struggling so you may as well choose success."
- Rob Liano.
18. "A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it."
- Ray Davis.
19. "I am more than my scars."
- Andrew Davidson, 'The Gargoyle'.
20. "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
- Henry Ford.
21. "He who sweats more in training bleeds less in war."
- Greek proverb.
22. "Worry often gives a small thing a big shadow."
- Swedish proverb.
23. "Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion."
- Muhammad Ali.
24. "Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records."
- William Arthur Ward.
25. "Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor."
- Truman Capote.
26. "The annoyance you ignore today only gets worse tomorrow. Solve it now."
- Auliq Ice.
27. "When you meet obstacles with gratitude, your perception starts to shift, resistance loses its power, and grace finds a home within you."
- Oprah Winfrey.
28. "One who conquers the sea today is ready to conquer the ocean tomorrow."
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
29. "It is easier to dig up the past than to save the present – Even though our past actions, have presently dug us in so deep."
- Kyle Fox.
30. "All the world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming."
- Helen Keller.
31. "Love overcomes obstacles."
- Craig Groeschel.
32. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
33. "When you see an obstacle approaching, grab your courage and speed up."
- Angela Lynne Craig.
More Quotes About Overcoming Obstacles
The difficulties in life never stop but we can learn to be resilient and successful in our journey of life. The quotes below depict this idea beautifully.
34. "Those who wish to sing, always find a song."
- Swedish proverb.
35. "Adversity is the first path to truth."
- Lord Byron.
36. "You win not by chance but by preparation."
- Roger Maris.
37. "I am thankful for all of those who said no to me. It’s because of them I’m doing it myself."
- Albert Einstein.
38. "Some fish love to swim upstream. Some people love to overcome challenges."
- Amit Ray, 'Walking The Path Of Compassion'.
39. "Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
- Michael Jordan.
40. "Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive."
- Josephine Hart.
41. "In fact, stories of people of achievement often show that obstacles and struggles are the stepping stones to success."
- Michal Stawicki.
42. "Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself."
- Lucille Ball.
43. "You have to understand that people have to pay a price for peace. If you dare to struggle, you dare to win."
- Fred Hampton.
44. "It is better to anticipate than to react."
- Bob Knight.
45. "Acceptance of what has happened is the first step to overcoming the consequences of any misfortune."
- William James.
Inspirational Quotes To Inspire You To Be Strong
These inspirational quotes might be able to guide you in life and help you to believe that you truly are strong.
46. "Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries."
- Astrid Alauda.
47. "There’s nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
- Woody Hayes.
48. "Today's tears water tomorrow's gardens."
- Matshona Dhliwayo.
49. "The true test of a champion is not whether he can triumph but whether he can overcome obstacles."
- Garth Stein.
50. "Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not."
- Bobby Kennedy.
51. "Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war."
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
52. "Let your joy scream across the pain."
- Terri Guillemets.
53. "You're powerful enough to overcome it all."
- Mitta Xinindlu.
54. "The chief obstacle to the progress of the human race is the human race."
- Don Marquis.
55. "When times are good, be grateful, and when times are tough, be graceful."
- Dustin Poirier.
56. "Being able to see the end result, rather than just the task, eliminates obstacles, focuses your energy, and provides motivation to excel."
- Catherine Pulsifer.
57. "As with the butterfly, adversity is necessary to build character in people."
- Joseph B. Wirthlin.
58. "True motivation is not getting people to play to their potential. It’s getting people to play beyond their potential."
- Rick Pitino.
59. "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail."
- Oprah Winfrey.
Motivational Quotes About Accepting Challenges
Here, we have collected some of the best motivational quotes to give you the motivation you need to overcome difficulties every day.
60. "Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember - the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you."
- Zig Ziglar.
61. "Take a limitation and turn it into an opportunity. Take an opportunity and turn it into an adventure by dreaming big!"
- Jo Franz.
62. "Success in life depends on your desire to keep moving forward despite the odds."
- Lailah Gifty Akita.
63. "Most of our obstacles would melt away if instead of cowering before them, we should make up our minds to walk boldly through them."
- Orison Sweet Marden.
64. "The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on."
- Barack Obama.
65. "The broken heart. You think you will die, but you keep living, day after day after terrible day."
- Charles Dickens.
66. "If you have a dream and you don't give up no matter what obstacles come up, then life's problems will fall away and you will get what you want. It happens. It works."
67. "Your willingness to look at your darkness is what empowers you to change."
- Iyanla Vanzant.
68. "Turning feelings into words can help us process and overcome adversity."
- Sheryl Sandberg.
69. "When you challenge a warrior, a warrior responds."
- Ray Lewis.
More Overcoming Obstacles Quotes
This section has many more quotes that can guide you on how to overcome the obstacles that you face in life.
70. "It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer."
- Albert Einstein.
71. "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
72. "Life always gives us another change: it's called 'to move on.'"
- Ana Claudia Antunes.
73. "Life is full of challenges, obstacles, and problems. But learn to face them courageously with joy. Live every moment with happiness and positivity, for we never know."
- Sai Kaustuv.
74. "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."
- Thomas Jefferson.
75. "When adversity strikes, that’s when you have to be the most calm. Take a step back, stay strong, stay grounded, and press on."
- LL Cool J.
76. "We develop our character muscles by overcoming challenges and obstacles."
- Stephen Covey.
77. "If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try."
- Seth Godin.
78. "We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity."
- Barbara De Angelis.
79. "Chemistry is as important as talent, you constantly have to work at it."
- Lionel Hollins.
80. "The best wisdom comes from the hardest struggle."
- Xavier Rudd.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about overcoming obstacles and fighting through challenges, then why not take a look at these [quotes about independence] and [quotes about maturity] too?
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.