As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "Challenging yourself with the newer obstacles always brings out a better version of yourself."
Studying abroad is one such challenge where even a privilege in your life is being challenged and confronted. We all have heard the saying that “The world’s greatest classroom has no walls,” it tells us how infinite learnings and opportunities are left undiscovered and unseen.
And taking education abroad helps you to find out all such undiscovered, precious opportunities for us. It opens all the doors of learning, not just academically but also teaches us some real-life lessons. There is no question about how difficult our lives get while leaving our roots, yet the struggle is worth facing. Here are the 60+ best quotes on studying abroad to inspire your dreams and big adventure.
Quotes About The Value Of Study Abroad
Studying abroad is indeed a decisive step to take, but you can’t unleash the real power of it until you do it. Here are quotes about students who study abroad along with quotes about saying goodbye to study abroad to inspire you to study abroad.
1. “Study abroad is the single most effective way of changing the way we view the world.”
- Chantal Mitchell.
2. “Travel early and travel often. Live abroad, if you can. Understand cultures other than your own. As your understanding of other cultures increases, your understanding of yourself and your own culture will increase exponentially.”
- Tom Freston.
3. “The benefits of studying abroad are almost endless.”
- Michelle Obama.
Unleash The Opportunities Quotes
Here are the best quotes to understand how study abroad can unleash the chain of opportunities and chances for you. Are you ready to start your own study abroad adventure.
4. “The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them.”
- J.K. Rowling.
5. “Change your language and you change your thoughts.”
- Karl Albrecht.
6. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
- Henry Miller.
7. “It’s a big world out there, it would be a shame not to experience it.”
- Jo Andrews.
8. “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.”
- Mark Twain.
Quotes For the Girl About To Study Abroad
Introducing yourself to the unknown world is the most enduring experience of all. There is never a place where you can not make friends abroad. Here are the best quotes for the girl about to study abroad that will lead her to appreciate the new and best way to learn and quotes on why to study abroad.
9. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”
- Saint Augustine.
10. “Studying abroad is about experiencing a foreign country — and the most beautiful, important part of a country’s culture is its people.”
- Alexander Kolker.
11. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”
- Freya Stark.
12. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.”
- Rudyard Kipling.
13. “Cross-cultural learning and studying abroad can be transformative.”
- Amal Clooney.
14. “You can never understand one language until you understand at least two.”
- Geoffrey Willans.
15. “The spirit of seeking understanding through personal contact with people of other nations and other cultures deserves the respect and support of all.”
- Gerald R. Ford.
16. “Travelling to a country is great, but to live in another country is truly amazing.”
- Brittany Watson.
17. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
– Helen Keller.
Face The Challenges Abroad Quotes
Many challenges will come in your path, but one must hold the courage to face it all. It can become common ground between you and your new friends abroad. Here are some inspirational study abroad quotes that will equip you with new way of seeing things and the best way to learn.
18. “And then there is the most dangerous risk of all-- the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.”
- Randy Komisar.
19. “Nobody can discover the world for somebody else. Only when we discover it for ourselves does it become common ground and a common bond and we cease to be alone.”
- Wendell Berry.
Popular Quotes On Studying Abroad
Here are some famous quotes by more significant personalities on studying abroad that will make you fall in love with the experience.
20. “It is better to travel well than to arrive.”
21. “Simple exchanges can break walls down between us, for when people come together and speak to one another and share a common experience, then their common humanity is revealed.”
- Barack Obama.
22. “No one who has lived through the second half of the 20th century could possibly be blind to the enormous impact of exchange programs on the future of countries…”
- Bill Clinton.
23. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- Nelson Mandela.
24. “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
- Marcel Proust.
25. “The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.”
- Gilbert K. Chesterton.
26. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.”
- Elizabeth Gilbert.
27.“Travel is still the most intense mode of learning.”
- Kevin Kelly.
28. “Travel is never a matter of money, but of courage.”
- Paulo Coelho.
Best Study Abroad Quotes
Here are some of the best study abroad quotes for inspiration and motivation for studying abroad.
29. “The best journeys answer questions that in the beginning, you didn’t even think to ask.”
- Jeff Johnson.
30. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”
- Neale Donald Walsch.
31. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
- Helen Keller.
32. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
- Nelson Mandela.
33. “Living abroad has heightened my interest in how foreigners regard the strange places we encounter.”
- Evan Osnos.
34. “It’s not an adventure if you’re not miserable.”
- Mike Sowden.
Best Study Abroad Quotes By Famous Personalities
Check out some of the best sayings by famous personalities on studying abroad and foreign travel and other study abroad quotes.
35. “International exchanges are not a great tide to sweep away all differences, but they will slowly wear away at the obstacles to peace as surely as water wears away a hard stone.”
- George H. W. Bush.
36. “Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
- Mark Twain.
37. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colours. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
- Terry Pratchett.
38. Travel will make you appreciate the familiarity of home. It will restore your sense of childlike wonder for what was already there. And when you return, you will remember what it is to truly be alive again.”
- Jessica Yurasek.
Inspirational Quotes On Travel And Study Abroad
Check out inspirational quotes on travel to a foreign country and study abroad quotes.
39. “I was surprised…by how easy the act of leaving was, and how good it felt. The world was suddenly rich with possibility.”
- Jack Kerouac.
40. “Now more than ever do I realize that I will never be content with a sedentary life, that I will always be haunted by thoughts of a sun-drenched elsewhere.”
- Isabelle Eberhardt.
41. “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
- Mary Anne Radmacher.
42. “The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure.”
- Christopher McCandless.
Quotes On Student Exchange Programs
Do check out what popular personalities quoted on student-exchange programs, study abroad and travel.
43. “I just think we can’t do enough of this [student exchanges]...And when you get young children travelling internationally, I think they come back, different people. And you can’t put a price tag - you can’t put a value on that.”
- Arne Duncan.
44. “The exchange of students...should be vastly expanded...Information and education are powerful forces in support of peace. Just as the war begins in the minds of men, so does peace.”
-Dwight D. Eisenhower.
45. “It was a high counsel that I once heard given to a young person, “Always do what you are afraid to do.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Quotes On Travel Abroad
Here are the best quotes about students who study abroad and quotes on travel aboard.
46. “my experiences abroad have taught me the importance of an open mind and have given me a willingness to wander off the beaten path - not only to keep life interesting, but also to understand in a meaningful way that things do not look the same from every vantage point.”
- Esther Dyson.
47. “It’s worth living abroad to study up on genteel and delicate manners. The maid smiles continuously; she smiles like a duchess on a stage, while at the same time it is clear from her face that she is exhausted from overwork.”
- Anton Chekhov.
Quotes On Adventure And Travel
Here are some of the best quotes on life-changing adventures, travel and study abroad.
48. “Life is an adventure, not a package tour.”
- Eckhart Tolle.
49. “If you don’t take risks, you’ll have a wasted soul.”
- Drew Barrymore.
50. “Life is a blank canvas, and you need to throw all the paint on it you can.”
- Danny Kaye.
51. “Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.”
- Ewan Mc Gregor.
52. “So shut up, live, travel, adventure, bless, and don’t be sorry.”
- Jack Kerouac, ‘Desolation Angels’.
53. “Adventure is worthwhile.”
Quotes On Life Adventure
Here are quotes on life-changing adventures and study abroad quotes.
54. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.”
- Irving Wallace.
55. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
- J.R.R. Tolkein, 'The Lord Of the Rings'.
56. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.”
- Rachel Wolchin.
57. "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
58. "The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark."
- John Muir.
59. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.”
- Hans Christian Anderson.
60. "If you're twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go."
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for Study abroad quotes, then why not take a look at bucket list quotes or leap of faith quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.