Aren't vacations a perfect choice for brain stimulation and refreshment?
Definitely, vacations are nothing other than a blessing. Capturing sunsets and silhouettes with our loved ones is one of the best experiences.
Vacations, excursion trips, or even a little weekend getaway fixes the mood and fills the body with lots of fuel to get through the workdays tirelessly. Taking time away from studies and work and stepping out of our homes to get a perfect vacation is absolutely a necessity. Another positive side of vacations is that they bring us closer to natural elements and mother nature, which is in itself a wonderful task. A good vacation quote is a great source of inspiration that brings memories and flashbacks. These quotes are perfect captions to write under your vacation picture. Anticipation comes to the rail before the vacation begins, and nostalgia shows up when vacation time ends, so here are quotes even for that pre-vacation anticipation and when vacation time ends quotes.
Quotes About Family Vacation Memories
If you're looking for some vacation quotes to revisit and reminisce vacation memories, then here are vacation quotes that will capture various sets of emotions and will go perfectly as captions.
1. "Take only memories, leave only footprints."
– Chief Seattle.
2. "I'm a minimalist. I don't really need much to enjoy a good holiday – just my family and the bare essentials."
– Jean Reno.
3. "Holidays – any holiday – are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together."
– Lidia Bastianich.
4. "Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings."
– Hodding Carter.
5. "A holiday isn't a holiday, without plenty of freedom and fun."
– Louisa May Alcott, 'Little Men'.
6. "During the holiday season, in fact all year long, wrap yourself around another's presence, not presents."
- Christine E. Szymanski.
7. "The greatest legacy we can leave our children is happy memories."
– Og Mandino.
8. "Travelling in the company of those we love is home in motion."
– Leigh Hunt.
9. "Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you're giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism."
- Caroline Kennedy.
10. "Own only what you can always carry with you: known languages, known countries, known people. Let your memory be your travel bag."
– Alexandr Solzhenitsyn, 'The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956'.
Quotes About Summer Vacation
Summers are the absolute best season for beaches, and traveling during vacations is the best part. So to perfectly caption those sunshine moments, here are summer vacation quotes to save your day.
11. "Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly."
– Van Morrison.
12. "Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling."
- K.D. Lang, 'Summerfling'.
13. "Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well."
- George R.R. Martin, 'A Game Of Thrones'.
14. "It's summer and time for wandering."
– Kellie Elmore, 'Magic In The Backyard'.
15. "One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter."
- Henry David Thoreau.
16. "There was nothing like a Saturday - unless it was the Saturday leading up to the last week of school and into summer vacation. That of course was all the Saturdays of your life rolled into one big shiny ball."
- Nora Roberts, 'Rising Tides'.
17. "Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air."
– Ralph Waldo Emerson.
18. "When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person."
- Aimee Friedman, 'Sea Change'.
19. "The island is ours. Here, in some way, we are young forever."
- E. Lockhart, 'We Were Liars'.
20. "In every outthrust headland, in every curving beach, in every grain of sand there is the story of the earth."
- Rachel Carson.
Quotes About Beach Vacation
Everyone needs a vacation to travel around the world and make memories out of them, and especially beaches are the perfect mix of views and peace. And so here are vacation quotes that will inspire you to go on vacation.
21. "I like anywhere with a beach. A beach and warm weather is all I really need."
- Rob Gronkowski.
22. "There can't possibly be anything more beautiful than Seaside Beach at sunset."
- Bryn McCarren, 'Speaking Up For Each Other'.
23. "The beach is not a place to work; to read, write or to think."
- Anne Morrow Lindbergh, 'Gift From The Sea'.
24. "Sand lines my soul which is filled with the breath of the ocean."
- A.D. Posey.
25. "I look my best when I'm totally free, on holiday, walking on the beach."
- Rosamund Pike.
26. "A simple life is good with me. I don't need a whole lot. For me, a T-shirt, a pair of shorts, barefoot on a beach and I'm happy."
27. "Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun."
– Brian Wilson.
28. "To go out with the setting sun on an empty beach is to truly embrace your solitude."
- Jeanne Moreau.
29. "Individually, every grain of sand brushing against my hands represents a story."
- Raquel Cepeda, 'Bird Of Paradise'.
30. "To escape and sit quietly on the beach - that's my idea of paradise."
- Emilia Wickstead.
Quotes About Going On Vacation
If you're fed up and stuck with work, then you definitely need a vacation to refresh and bring back the lost enthusiasm. Here are vacation quotes that will make you want to go on vacation and explore the world.
31. "The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands."
– Richard Burton.
32. "I often don't know where my Luggage is, that's what being a tourist is all about."
- Terry Pratchett, 'The Light Fantastic'.
33. "Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future."
- Maya Angelou, 'Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now'.
34. "A little piece of everywhere I go becomes a big part of everything I do."
- Richie Norton.
35. "Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
- Zig Ziglar.
36. "A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in."
- Robert Orben.
37. "No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one."
- Elbert Hubbard.
38. "A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking."
- Earl Wilson.
39. "The vacation we often need is freedom from our own mind."
- Jack Adam Weber.
40. "Laughter is an instant vacation."
- Milton Berle.
Favorite Vacation Quotes
Going on vacation with our loved ones is amongst the best moments, and if you need a vacation to spend some quality time, then here are some vacation quotes to inspire you to take a break and refresh your mind with a fulfilling vacation or a short trip.
41. "My favorite place to vacation is anyplace by the ocean."
– Nina Arianda.
42. "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
– Andre Gide.
43. "When all else fails, take a vacation."
- Betty Williams.
44. "Neglecting vacation is neglecting success because every success needs an accumulated positive energy!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
45. "A vacation spot out of season always has a very special magic."
– Max Von Sydow.
46. "An upcoming vacation gives us something to eagerly anticipate."
– Jaime Kurtz.
47. "My best vacation is somewhere I could hide, somewhere warm and not a lot of people around."
- Derek Jeter.
48. "Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions."
- Peter Hoeg, 'Smilla's Sense Of Snow'.
49. "If you have lost your clarity and purpose, a vacation is a great way to find it again."
- David Fuller.
50. "Reaching the top requires taking a good break every time you need it! On the way up, you must never hesitate to stop for a while!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
Going on vacation with our loved ones is amongst the best moments. Traveling is therapy.
51. "I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
- Robert Louis Stevenson, 'Travels With A Donkey In The Cévennes'.
52. "Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world."
- Gustav Flaubert.
53. "I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. And everywhere I went, the world was on my side."
- Roman Payne, 'Rooftop Soliloquy'.
54. "Travel brings power and love back into your life."
- Rumi Jalalud-Din.
55. "Travelling unveils new dimensions of this world not known to the naked eye."
- Wayne Chirisa.
56. "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
- St. Augustine.
57. "We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves."
- Pico Iyer.
58. "Travel brings wisdom only to the wise. It renders the ignorant more ignorant than ever."
- Joe Abercrombie, 'Last Argument Of Kings'.
59. "To travel is to live."
- Hans Christian Andersen, 'The Fairy Tale Of My Life'.
60. "A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."
- Lao Tzu.
61. "Water is the most perfect traveller because when it travels it becomes the path itself!"
- Mehmet Murat Ildan.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about vacation, then why not take a look at August quotes, or beach day quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.