Research is the process of collecting data, saving critical information, then analyzing and interpreting the data.
There are three types of research: exploratory, casual, and descriptive. Each of them is used for a different purpose and in a certain way.
Research is important in all fields of work. For example, clinical research is what permits doctors to determine the way to treat patients best. It is what makes the event of the latest medicines, new procedures, and new tools doable. If it weren't for clinical analysis, we wouldn't be ready to decide if new treatments are more efficient than the current treatments.
Here on our page, you can find 50 inspiring and funny quotes about research. Let's take a look at these quotes. If you like these quotes, do also read our physics quotes and classic literature quotes.
Deep Quotes About Research
Here are some famous research quotes in all their glory.
1. "No research without action, no action without research."
- Kurt Lewin.
2. "Research has formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose."
- Zora Neale Hurston.
3. "I believe in innovation and that the way you get innovation is you fund research, and you learn the basic facts."
- Bill Gates.
4. "Research means that you don’t know, but are willing to find out."
- Charles F. Kettering.
5. "It is a good thing for a research scientist to discard a pet hypothesis every day before breakfast."
- Konrad Lorenz.
6. "You'd be amazed how much research you can get done when you have no life whatsoever."
- Ernest Cline.
7. "Highly organized research is guaranteed to produce nothing new."
- Frank Herbert.
8. "With a library, it is easier to hope for serendipity than to look for a precise answer."
- Lemony Snicket.
9. "The measure of greatness in a scientific idea is the extent to which it stimulates thought and opens up new lines of research."
- Paul Dirac.
10. "What we find changes who we become."
- Peter Morville.
Select Quotes About Scientific Research
Here are some scientific research quotes (Einstein said a few as well) for our readers.
11. "Research is to see what everybody else has seen and to think what nobody else has thought."
- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi.
12. "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
- Albert Einstein.
13. "The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to discover new ways of thinking about them."
- William Lawrence Bragg.
14. "The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking."
- Albert Einstein.
15. "The more thoroughly I conduct scientific research, the more I believe that science excludes atheism."
- Lord Kelvin.
16. "Scientific research is one of the most exciting and rewarding of occupations."
- Frederick Sanger.
17. "If we choose to ignore science and refuse to fund important scientific research, we voluntarily cede our place as a world leader in innovation."
- Bill Foster.
18. "We need to have much clearer regulations on things like corporate funding of scientific research. Things need to be made explicit which are implicit."
- Noreena Hertz.
19. "I think, however, that so long as our present economic and national systems continue, scientific research has little to fear."
- John B. S. Haldane.
20. "We need to celebrate and reward people who cure diseases, expand our understanding of humanity, and work to improve people's lives."
- Mark Zuckerberg.
In-Depth Market Research Quotes
Here are some business research quotes - inspirational to many. You'll also find market research quotes that could help your business assess the market.
21. "Without data, you're just another person with an opinion."
- W. Edwards Deming.
22. "The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well, the product or service sells itself."
- Peter Drucker.
23. "Marketing without data is like driving with your eyes closed."
- Dan Zarrella.
24. "When research walks on the field, the judgment does not walk off."
- Dick Kampe.
25. "If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday."
- Pearl Buck.
26. "Understanding human needs is half the job of meeting them."
- Adlai E Jr Stevenson.
Funny Quotes About Research
Enjoy these funny quotes that will tickle your funny bone.
27. "What is research but a blind date with knowledge?"
- Will Harvey.
28. "Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
- Werner von Braun.
Scholars Quotes About Academia
Here is some research academic quote for our readers.
29. "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who’ll decide where to go."
- Dr. Seuss.
30. "Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."
- H. Jackson Brown Jr.
31. "In much of society, research means to investigate something you do not know or understand."
- Neil Armstrong.
32. "What is the matter with universities is that the students are school children, whereas it is of the very essence of university education that they should be adults."
- George Bernard Shaw.
33. "That afternoon, I came to understand that one of the deepest purposes of intellectual sophistication is to provide distance between us and our most disturbing personal truths and gnawing fears."
- Richard Russo.
34. "What I learned on my own I still remember."
- Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
35. "There are times when wisdom cannot be found in the chambers of parliament or the halls of academia but at the unpretentious setting of the kitchen table."
- E.A. Bucchianeri.
36. "We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better."
- J.K. Rowling.
37. "If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place."
- Nora Roberts.
38. "Trust the process and it will bring out the hidden subject as the results.
- David Harris.
Medical Research Quotes
Here are some science research quotes and cancer research quotes. There are also a few stem cell research quotes.
39. "Advances in medicine and agriculture have saved vastly more lives than have been lost in all the wars in history."
- Carl Sagan.
40. "America's doctors, nurses, and medical researchers are the best in the world, but our health care system is broken."
- Mike Ferguson.
41. "Prior to penicillin and medical research, death was an everyday occurrence. It was intimate."
- Katherine Dunn.
42. "Stem cell research can revolutionize medicine, more than anything since antibiotics."
- Ron Reagan.
43. "Medical research in the twentieth century mostly takes place in the lab; in the Renaissance, though, researchers went first and foremost to the library to see what the ancients had said."
- Peter Lewis Allen.
44. "It is certainly important to be looking for cures to medical disorders, but it is equally important to conduct research on human health and well-being."
- Stephen LaBerge.
45. "A wise physician skilled our wounds to heal, is more than armies to the public weal."
- Alexander Pope.
46. "It is false to suggest that medical breakthroughs come only through government research."
- Roger Wicker.
47. "The realities are that it's difficult to find funding for research for a medical cure. I believe in developing technology as opposed to medical research."
- Steve Gleason.
48. "A doctor is a man who writes prescriptions till the patient either dies or is cured by nature."
- William Broome.
49. "A fool will not only pay for a 'cure' that does him no good but will write a testimonial to the effect that he was cured."
- E. W. Howe.
50. "I decided to take two years between finishing undergraduate and beginning medical school to devote fully to medical research. I knew that I wanted to go to medical school during undergraduate, but I was also eager to get a significant amount of research experience."
- Eva Vertes.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for research quotes, then why not take a look at funny science quotes, or poetry quotes.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.