Retro style is simply a derivative of life in the past.
Retro is much like reliving the past era in today's progressive world. The retro theme gives us a pleasant and nostalgic flashback, no matter how different the retro style is.
Retro is not just a term; it is an emotion. Retro is that one word that could make any person smile. It is associated with every individual's past, and most people relate to retro without hesitation.
Some of the famous retro quotes are pin-up girl quotes, time quotes, or retro camping quotes, retro music quotes and retro girl quotes. Every entity and style hits different when in a retro theme.
Below are some of the best-mentioned retro truck quotes, mother's day retro quotes, and more vintage quotes. If you liked these, you might also like to read these vintage quotes and [old soul quotes].
Retro Love Quotes
Mentioned below are some vintage love quotes, plus 1950s quotes and sayings.
1. "It doesn’t matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you."
- Roald Dahl.
2. "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
- John Green.
3. "A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea."
- Honore de Balzac.
4. " If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.
- Michel de Montaigne.
5. "How far away the stars seem, and how far is our first kiss, and ah, how old my heart."
- W.B Yeats
6. "True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen."
- Francois de La Rochefoucauld.
7. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
- Victor Hugo.
8. "Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter."
- John Keats.
9. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
- A. A. Milne.
10. "This better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
- Alfred Lord Tennyson.
11. " I never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I’ll never love you any less than I do, right this second."
- Kami Garcia, 'Beautiful Creatures'.
12. "What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul."
- Victor Hugo.
13. "If it is right, it happens—the main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away."
- John Steinbeck.
14. "I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you."
- Jamie McGuire, 'Beautiful Disaster'.
15. "I believe in the compelling power of love. I do not understand it. I believe it to be the most fragrant blossom of all this thorny existence.
- Theodore Dreiser
16. "To say 'I love you' one must first be able to say the 'I'.
- Ayn Rand.
17. "But you’ve slipped under my skin, invaded my blood, and seized my heart."
- Maria V. Snyder, 'Poison Study'.
18. "Reading is what people did before YouTube, and I love retro stuff!"
- Toby Turner.
19. "The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough of is love."
- Henry Miller.
20. "Love lets you find those hidden places in another person, even the ones they didn’t know were there, even the ones they wouldn’t have thought to call beautiful themselves."
- Hilary T. Smith, 'Wild Awake'.
21. "You don’t love because: you love despite; not for the virtues, but despite the faults."
- William Faulkner.
22. "The desire to get married is a basic and primal instinct in women. It’s followed by another basic and primal instinct: the desire to be single again."
- Nora Ephron.
23. "We’re born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we’re not alone."
- Orson Welles.
24. "I was about half in love with her by the moment we sat down. That’s the thing about girls. Every moment they do something pretty…you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are."
- J. D. Salinger.
25. "We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person."
- W. Somerset Maugham.
Funny Retro Quotes
Below are a few funny humor vintage captions and retro video game quotes to give you a good laughing dose.
26. "That a baby is born; This is not necessarily cause for alarm. The important thing is to keep your wits about you and borrow some money."
- Elinor Goulding Smith.
27. "I’m sick of following my dreams, man. I’m just going to ask where they’re going and hook up with ’em later."
- Mitch Hedberg.
28. "There are three ways to get something done: do it yourself, employ someone to do it, or forbid your children from doing it."
- Monta Crane.
29. "I wasn't sure if I wanted to try the retro style in the first place."
30. "You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely."
- Ogden Nash.
31. "Always be nice to your children because they are the ones who will choose your rest home."
- Phyllis Diller.
32. "Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what happened."
- Jennifer Yane.
33. "Even very young children need to be informed about dying. Explain the concept of death very carefully to your child. This will make threatening him with it much more effective."
- P. J. O'Rourke.
34. "There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward."
- John Mortimer.
35. "Middle age is having a choice between two temptations and choosing the one that'll get you home earlier."
- Dan Bennett.
36. "If your kids are giving you a headache, follow the directions on the aspirin bottle, especially the part that says 'keep away from children.'"
- Susan Savannah.
37. "Children are a great comfort in your old age. And they help you reach it faster, too."
- Lionel Kaufman.
38. "The secret of dealing successfully with a child is not to be its parent."
- Mel Lazarus.
39. "Nature gives us twelve years to develop a love for our children before turning them into teenagers."
- William Galvin.
40. "Before I got married, I had six theories about bringing up children. Now, I have six children and no theories."
- John Wilmot, 'Earl Of Rochester'.
41. "Years ago we discovered the exact point, the dead center of middle age. It occurs when you are too young to take up golf and too old to rush to the net."
- Franklin Adams.
42. "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant, I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
- Josh Billings.
43. "The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left."
- Jerry M. Wright.
44. "Too often we give children answers to remember rather than problems to solve."
- Roger Lewin.
45. "Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws. I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby and I can go out."
- Matthew Broderick.
Retro Inspirational Quotes
Inspirational retro sayings, be it in the past or present, are extremely important. Below are a few old-time quotes, retro music quotes, and retro girl quotes that remind you of your roots.
46. "The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
- Walt Disney.
47. "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
- Og Mandino.
48. "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt.
49. "What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
- Henry David Thoreau.
50. "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty."
- Winston Churchill.
51. "I love retro culture. I love retro games; I love retro music."
- Finn Wolfhard.
52. "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do."
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
53. "Anyone who has ever made anything of importance was disciplined."
- Andrew Hendrixson.
54. "Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today."
- Will Rogers.
55. "Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door."
- Coco Chanel.
56. "What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110% all the time."
- Don Zimmer.
57. "Security is mostly a superstition. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
- Helen Keller.
58. "It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up."
- Vince Lombardi.
59. "Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other."
- Brian Tracy.
60. "If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you."
- Steve Jobs.
61. "You know that's history, that's why some people say that my stuff is retro, but I don't agree."
- Marc Newson.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for 60+ retro quotes, why not look at [old quotes] or [typewriter quotes].
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.