Here at Kidadl, we're always thinking about food.
And kids are sure to enjoy seeing this humble food 'rice' to the occasion - did you know that the Great Wall of China is held together by a paste made using sticky rice flour? Enjoy!
These rice related puns will keep the whole family laughing.
1. I was out for dinner when other diners started throwing rice. Before I knew it, a pilau fight had broken out!
2. What did one grain say to the other when they went out for a date? You look really rice!
3. I’m going out for a curry with a friend, but she can’t eat rice. She’s basmatic!
4. I was arguing with a friend over a curry when the waiter came over and grabbed the poppadoms and rice. I really wish he’d stop taking sides!
5. Last night, I dreamt I was eating a curry and when I woke up, my pilau was missing!
6. I heard an outlandish tale all about rice but, thinking about it, I don’t think there was a grain of truth in it!
7. What did the fried rice say to the egg? Don’t you dare wok away from me!
8. A famous beauty company have started to add rice to their face masks: it makes them easier to Pilaf!
9. Words to live by: we are all human beans - and together we will rice!
10. I accidentally spilled rice on my headphones. Now all my music sounds grainy!
11. When I was little, I think I ate too many Rice Krispies. Now all my body does is snap, crackle and pop!
12. What's the best kind of rice to sleep on? Pilau!
13. How did the diner feel when he put too much sauce on his rice? He was over-soyed!
14. How do you tame wild rice? Using a very small saddle!
15. How does rice say goodbye? I hope to see you a-grain soon!
16. What's the name of the Greek philosopher who loves rice? Arisotto!
17. What did the potato say to the rice on his birthday? Sup-rice!
18. Did you know that rice helps to improve your memory? Just some food for thought!
19. What did the rice farmer say as he was working hard in the fields? No pain, no grain!
Tickle your funny bone with these sushi related puns.
20. What do you get when you cross fish and rice with a stiletto? Shoe-shi!
21. Why wouldn't the sushi chef serve the musician? Because he was out of tuna!
22. My friend is a sushi chef and he earns a lot of money. He even drives a Rolls-Rice!
23. What's the best pan to make sushi in? Japan!
24. I don't trust sushi. It's a little fishy, if you ask me!
25. I know absolutely everything there is to know about sushi. I'm an a-fish-onado!
26. What did the sushi say when he introduced himself to the avocado? Rice to meet you!
27. What does sushi say in the morning? Rice and shine!
Jo is a work-from-home mum to two boys. They can often be found mooching around their local castle, museum or gallery. She has a degree in Film and English and a personal interest in mental health and well being, as well as food and drink, photography, history, and art, and likes to write about all of these interests on her blog. She is also passionate about passing on her love for knowledge to her sons through learning and having adventure. And, as a Nottingham native, there are no better woods to stomp about in than Sherwood forest, following in the footsteps of Robin Hood!