Sanity simply refers to the mental health of humans and the rationality with which it functions.
Every human being has a mind that functions on various levels, with different ways of thought-processing. It is up to individuals to maintain their sanity by not letting their thoughts race against them.
Each person has his or her own choice of life, and it, therefore, depends on them to live and experience it to the fullest. In the same way, some people consider sanity as something impossible, whereas some just take sanity as it comes. It depends on how they perceive sanity and what makes them see it as they see it.
Our brain keeps running on various frequencies through every moment of every day and it is only likely that our sanity takes an undefined break at times when we need it most. Many people are interested in psychology because it is the field that helps you better understand how the brain works and how to deal with its hiccups. The different brain patterns are pretty daunting and can be understood in the process of some experiments. Sanity does hold extensive space in psychology and interests almost everyone for the same reason – to understand ourselves better.
We have collected different quotes on sanity from different people for you to read and decide for your own self which side you fit in. You will find staying sane quotes and going crazy quotes and inspirational quotes too in the list below.
Best Sane Quotes
Here, you will find various quotes that have been picked to help you find and center yourself. These inspirational quotes will help you focus and might even answer a doubt or question in your life.
1. "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
- Edgar Allan Poe.
2. "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
- Friedrich Nietzsche.
3. "If you think anyone is sane you just don't know enough about them."
- Christopher Moore, 'Practical Demonkeeping.'
4. "When the world goes mad, one must accept madness as sanity; since sanity is, in the last analysis, nothing but the madness on which the whole world happens to agree."
- George Bernard Shaw.
5. "I like keeping people guessing. I like to have fun with them wondering if I'm sane or not."
- Tom Green.
6. "Sanity is an illusion caused by alcohol deficiency."
- N. F. Simpson.
7. "Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
- H.S. Thompson.
8. "Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change."
9. "Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting."
- John Russell.
10. “Life is absolutely insane. Yes, life is insane but the great wisdom lies in choosing your insanity wisely.”
— Paulo Coelho.
11. "I often question my sanity. Occasionally, it replies."
- Darynda Jones.
12. "Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most."
- Ozzy Osbourne.
13. "You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
- Robin Williams.
14. "Sanity is a cozy lie."
- Susan Sontag.
15. "That all men are equal is a proposition to which, at ordinary times, no sane human being has ever given his assent."
- Aldous Huxley.
16. "I’ll take crazy over stupid any day."
- Joss Whedon.
17. "Sane is the insanity most call normality put forth by society."
- Erik Till.
18. "Nothing shall I, while sane, compare with a friend."
19. "Sanity is only that which is within the frame of reference of conventional thought."
- Erich Fromm.
20. "Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."
- Carl Gustav Jung.
21. "In a mad world, only the mad are sane."
- Akira Kurosawa.
22. "The best way to avoid warfare is if no one shows up."
- Justin Sane.
23. "Sanity is not statistical."
24. "I can assure you I'm quite sane and have proof that dialog 'works.'"
- Betty Williams.
25. "The world went insane before I did, I'm just adapting to the new reality."
- Ed Brubaker, 'Kill or be Killed, Vol. 4.'
26. "I smile because you’ve all finally driven me insane."
Sane Quotes For Clear Mind
It is normal to lose your mind once or twice in different situations. Here, you will find great, inspirational sane quotes to help you work through situations and never question how strong you can be.
27. "A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity."
- Franz Kafka.
28. "Sanity is a madness put to good uses."
- George Santayana.
29. "She’s a mess of gorgeous chaos, and you can see it in her eyes."
30. "What I cannot love, I overlook.”
- Anais Nin.
31. “Sane is boring.”
― R. A. Salvatore.
32. "Chris and Toby are far too sane to be upset anymore."
- Maggie Smith.
33. "For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity."
- Jean Dubuffet.
34. “Only, as long as we’re going insane we may as well go the whole way. A mere shred of sanity is of no value.”
―S. S. Van Dine.
35. "An insane mind can take you places a sane mind cannot go."
- Steven Magee.
36. "No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions."
- Henry Ward Beecher
37. "If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it, or else you’re going to be locked up."
- H.S. Thompson.
38. "Sometimes, to regain sanity, one had to acknowledge and embrace the madness."
- Morgan Rhodes.
39. "A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"
- Albert Einstein.
40."'Actually, the problem is that I can’t lose my mind,' I said. 'It's inescapable.'"
- John Green, 'Turtles All the Way Down'.
41. "I maintain my sanity by keeping my distance."
- Luis Miguel.
42. "I would describe myself as quite sane and lucid, which is why I'm still alive."
- John McAfee.
43. "Look both ways before entering the insanity."
- Terri Guillemets.
44. "Those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world usually do."
- Steve Jobs.
45. "We are not here to curse the darkness, but to light the candle that can guide us through that darkness to a safe and sane future."
- John F. Kennedy.
46. "Sanity brings pain but madness is a vile thing."
47. "Too much sanity may be madness."
- Miguel de Cervantes.
48. "Sanity is a sliding scale for we all hold beliefs that may not correspond to reality."
- Julian Gold.
49. "You just go a little crazy, you know. Sometimes. And why? Well only because your soul is just too big for you, it flies away somehow."
- C. JoyBell C.
50. "One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."
- Nikola Tesla.
Sane Quotes And Sayings
Here is another list of quotes that will have you rethink your thinking patterns. These quotes might make you question your behavior, but you will never doubt yourself again after.
51. "I'm hoping for a return to at least partial sanity someday, but I'm not optimistic."
- David Rosenfelt.
52. "Only in war does the madman become sane."
- Anthony Ryan, 'Queen of Fire.'
53. "We are all born mad. Some remain so."
- Samuel Beckett.
54. "In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom."
- J. G. Ballard.
55. “A long time ago I stopped wondering why there are so many crazy people. What surprises me now is that there are so many sane ones.”
― Rachel Khong.
56. "The sanity of society is a balance of a thousand insanities."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
57. "What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?"
- Ursula K. Le Guin.
58. "Sanity is sometimes a matter of going on, outwardly, as if everything is all right."
- Mary McMullen.
59. "We've got to decide that we want to live in a world that is sane and happy and healthy, and that everyone deserves that."
- Majora Carter.
60. “The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.”
― Bruce Feirstein.
61. "Part of being sane is being a little bit crazy."
- Janet C. Long.
62. "No sane man will dance."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero.
63. "The best things in life are crazy."
- Emme Rollins.
64. "There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad."
- Salvador Dali.
65. "All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women."
66. "Sanity now it's beyond me, there's no choice."
- Ozzy Osbourne.
67. "You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody’s crazy."
- Charles Manson.
68. "Sanity can take one of only two forms: that of ignorance, or denial."
- Derek R. Audette.
69. "I’m going crazy…Get in, you’re riding shotgun."
70. "To be able to forget means sanity."
- Jack London, 'The Star Rover.'
71. "We're going to put sanity back into the White House."
- Donald Trump.
72. "It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane."
- Philip K. Dick.
73. "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
- Marcus Aurelius.
74. "Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy."
- Nora Ephron.
75. "Evil is the product of the ability of humans to make abstract that which is concrete."
- Jean Paul Sartre.
76. "Where sanity is, there God is."
- D. H. Lawrence.
Sane Quotes To Ease Your Mind
In this list of quotes, you might find some Hamlet sane quotes or some other sane quotes that we have collected from different sources for you to read. Here we have covered all the topics that the mind touches so that these inspirational quotes can work peace into your mind.
77. "I like being insane, because I do not want to be sane like everyone else."
- Jeremy Limn.
78. "Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be."
- Miguel de Cervantes.
79. "Insanity is often the logic of an accurate mind overtasked."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes.
80. "Where to look if you've lost your mind?"
- Bernard Malamud, 'The Fixer.'
81. "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein.
82. “You can’t be old and wise if you were never young and crazy.”
― Chris Brown.
83. "Sanity is an illusion. Created by the minds of people who fear the wicked."
- Alexander Thol.
84. "Worse than madness. Sanity."
- William Golding.
85. "I always say, 'Eat clean to stay fit; have a burger to stay sane.'"
- Gigi Hadid.
86. "Facts by themselves can often feed the flame of madness, because sanity is a spirit."
- G. K. Chesterton.
87. "A little madness in the Spring is wholesome even for the King."
- Emily Dickinson.
88. "The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad."
- Salvador Dali.
89. "I may be crazy but it keeps me from going insane."
- Waylon Jennings.
90. "Sometimes, to regain sanity, one had to acknowledge and embrace the madness."
- Morgan Rhodes, 'Rebel Spring.'
91. "You should listen to your heart, and not the voices in your head."
- Matt Groening.
92. "Reality now and again becomes like a vengeful troll, and most notably, when it comes to passion: When reality and passion divorce, it makes passion look crazy."
- Criss Jami.
93. "One person’s craziness is another person’s reality."
- Tim Burton.
94. "I tell you, in this world, being a little crazy helps to keep you sane."
- Zsa Zsa Gabor.
95. "Every great genius has an admixture of madness."
96. "It is rarely that you see an American writer who is not hopelessly sane."
- Margaret Anderson.
97. "Sanity is a notch above plain old keeping it together."
- Joy Watson.
98. "Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am."
- J. K. Rowling.
99. "Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death."
- Ayn Rand.
100. "The Edge… There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
- Hunter S. Thompson.
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for sane quotes, then why not take a look at [sentimental quotes], or clarity quotes?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.