When holidays are around the corner it's time to spread and share peace, love, and positivity among friends and family.
Season’s greetings can be written and expressed in multifarious ways. Holiday card messages can be simplistic, filled with colors or quotes but all they really need is the touch of emotions and nothing can be more nostalgic than a hand-crafted greetings card.
Don't you feel special and loved when your favorite person sends you a holiday card wishing you happy holidays? When the happy holiday season is nearby a holiday card is what makes us cheerful. Season's greetings are small gestures of love and caring that everyone craves. They are the best way of conveying greetings and best wishes to loved ones for the year ahead. So what are you waiting for? Pick up your holiday card and fill it with your favorite quotes and greetings for this holiday season.
Seasons Greetings Quotes For Greeting Cards
Greetings of the season are incomplete without a greeting card wishing your family and friends good health, prosperity, peace, and joy for the year ahead. Here are some quotations with which you may decorate your holiday card.
1. “A candle is a small thing. But one candle can light another...its own light increases, as a candle gives its flame to the other. You are such a light.”
- Moshe Davis.
2. “The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing others’ loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays.”
- W. C. Jones.
3. “'May your rice never burn,' is the New Year's greeting of the Chinese. 'May it never be gummy,' is ours.”
- Irma S. Rombauer.
4. “Everyone knows...the pleasure of receiving a kind look, a warm greeting, a hand held out to help in distress...By that pain and by that pleasure let us judge what we should do to others.”
- Arthur Penrhyn Stanley.
5. “Giving your presence might be the best Christmas gift you could give someone this year.”
- Ken Fite.
6. “The holiest of holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; The secret anniversaries of the heart.”
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
7. “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.”
- William Shakespeare.
8. “Chime out, thou little song of Spring...Say, I send her greeting!”
- Sidney Lanier.
9. “Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, or even a stranger, if in a lonely place.”
10. “Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you’re giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism.”
- Caroline Kennedy.
11. “I think everybody with half a heart tries to do their best to do their part of good during the holiday season.”
- Darren Criss.
12. “May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.”
- Mary Anne Radmacher.
13. “I greet you. Not quite as the world sends greetings, but with profound esteem and with the prayer that for you now and forever, the day breaks, and the shadows flee away.”
- Giovanni Giocondo.
14. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller.
15. “God bless us everyone”
- Tiny Tim, 'A Christmas Carol'.
Happy Holiday Greetings Quotes
Have a look at some greetings quotes to wish your near and dear ones a wonderful holiday season ahead.
16. “The year end brings no greater pleasure than the opportunity to express to you season's greetings and good wishes. May your holidays and new year be filled with joy.”
- Charles Dickens.
17. “Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.”
- Norman Vincent Peale.
18. “Don’t get caught up in the wrapping paper and forget that the gift of the Christmas season is simply love.”
- Toni Sorenson.
19. “I squirrel away sealed greeting cards that people give me so I can open them later when I'm having a bad day.”
- Emily Procter.
20. “This holiday season give yourself the gift of self-love and self-acceptance. Your season will bloom into ultimate bliss.”
- Amy Leigh Mercree.
21. “I look forward to the holiday season every year.”
- Cate Blanchett.
22. “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.”
- Roy L. Smith.
23. “Don't send funny greeting cards on birthdays or at Christmas. Save them for funerals when their cheery effect is needed.”
- P. J. O'Rourke.
24. “Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling.”
- Edna Ferber.
25. “Christmas gift suggestions: To your enemy, forgiveness. To an opponent, tolerance. To a friend, your heart. To a customer, service. To all, charity. To every child, a good example. To yourself, respect.”
- Oren Arnold.
26. “Peace on earth will come to stay, when we live Christmas every day.”
- Helen Steiner Rice.
27. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.”
- Peg Bracken.
28. “Holidays – any holiday – are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together.”
- Lidia Bastianich.
29. “The Joy of brightening other lives... lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays.”
- W. C. Jones.
30. “It's Christmas time, there's no need to be afraid.”
- Band Aid, 'Do They Know It's Christmas'.
31. “A holiday isn’t a holiday, without plenty of freedom and fun.”
- Louisa May Alcott.
32. “Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind.”
- Mary Ellen Chase.
33. “Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.”
- Janice Maeditere.
34. “Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth sweetening every taste bud, making you wish it could last forever.”
- Richelle E. Goodrich.
Happy New Year Quotes
The new year is the time of year to celebrate with friends and family, wish for their good health, happiness, and prosperity so why not convey some warm seasons greetings?
35. “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.”
- Oprah Winfrey.
36. “Happy New Year
Happy New Year
May we all have a vision now and then
Of a world where every neighbor is a friend”
- ABBA, 'Happy New Year'.
37. “The greeting of peace (as-salamu 'alaykum) has many meanings...This greeting is also a prayer for peace, safety, mercy, and blessings.”
- Salman al-Ouda.
38. “Speak tenderly; let there be kindness in your face...eyes...smile, in the warmth of your greeting. Always have a cheerful smile. Don't only give your care, but...your heart as well.”
- Mother Teresa.
39. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.”
- Hamilton Wright Mabie.
40. “And if you don't believe the sun will rise, stand alone and greet the coming night in the last remaining light.”
- Chris Cornell.
41. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.”
- Charles Lamb.
42. “Send out a cheerful, positive greeting, and most of the time you will get back a cheerful, positive greeting...if you send out a negative greeting, you will...get back a negative greeting.”
- Zig Ziglar.
43. “Love consists in this, that two solitudes protect and touch and greet each other.”
- Rainer Maria Rilke.
44. “So when the world knocks at your front door, clutch the knob and open on up, running forward into its widespread greeting arms with your hands before you...”
- Anis Mojgani.
45. “I'm interested in humor, and greeting cards just happen to be a perfect medium for my message.”
- Anne Taintor.
46. "May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness."
- Neil Gaiman.
Happy New Year Card Messages And Greetings
These happy new year and greetings card messages are absolutely loved by all. If you know the origin of these quotes then please let us know!
47. “You always made the holidays a special time for me. Now, I hope you can feel my love and gratitude from far away.”
48. “Best wishes for the holidays, and for health and happiness throughout the coming year.”
49. “Wishing you a very happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year.”
50. “I hope Santa is good to you this year because you only deserve the best. Merry Christmas from our family to yours.”
51. “May the holiday season fill your home with joy, your heart with love, and your life with laughter.”
52. “Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year!”
53. “May this Festival of Lights bring blessings upon you and all your loved ones.”
54. “May the holiday season fill your home with joy, your heart with love, and your life with laughter.”
55. “Greetings of the Season and best wishes for the New Year!”
56. “ Sending you my warmest wishes and blessings.”
57. “The season of festivities and wonder is waiting for you to unwrap joy and gaiety. Happy Holidays!”
58. “Best wishes for the Holidays!”
59. “Wishing you peace, love, and joy this holiday season.”
60. “It's easy to get lost in the flurry of activity during Christmas time. May you get a chance to take in the...true meaning of the season and have a Merry Christmas!”
61. “Wishing you and your family a wonderful Holiday Season.”
62. “May the holiday season bring only happiness and joy to you and your loved ones.”
63. “You’re what makes the holidays happy.”
64. “The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us.”
65. “What can be better than opening presents, eating food and singing Christmas music...with family like you.”
66. “Happy Holiday, from our family to yours.”
67. “May the holiday season end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Here’s wishing you a Happy Holidays!”
68. “Wishing you and your loved ones peace, health, happiness, and prosperity in the coming New Year.”
69. “May your holidays sparkle with moments of love, laughter, and goodwill, And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy. Have a happy holiday.”
70. “Wishing you holidays filled with fun and laughter...best wishes for a prosperous new year.”
71. “Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year. May peace, love, and prosperity follow you always.”
72. “May the peace and joy of the holidays be with you today and throughout the new year.”
73. “Wishing you happiness and good health this holiday season.”
74. “Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday and a Happy New Year.”
75. “Whatever is beautiful. Whatever is meaningful. Whatever brings you happiness. May it be yours this holiday season and throughout the coming year.”
76. “Warmest wishes for a happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year. With lots of love.”
77. “Have a magical Holiday season!”
78. “Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a prosperous New Year.”
79. “Holiday greetings! With many good wishes for the holiday season and the coming year.”
80. “Wishing you a fun-filled holiday season and best wishes for a happy New Year!”
81. “Season’s Greetings! And my very best wishes for the New Year.”
82. “Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year!”
83. “Wishing you a happy holiday and a wonderful New Year.”
84. “Wishing you a joyous holiday season and a happy and peaceful New Year.”
85. “Put on your yarmulke, it’s time for Hanukkah!”
86. “Happy New Year!”
*Do you know where this quote originated? Please email us to let us know at [email protected]
New Year Wishing Quotes From Songs
Here are some festive lyrics in famous songs, wishing a New Year, Happy Holidays, and merriness upon others.
87. “Happy New Year
Happy New Year
May we all have our hopes, our will to try
If we don't we might as well lay down and die
You and I”
- ABBA, 'Happy New Year'.
88. “Don't stop believin'
Hold on to that feelin'”
- Journey, 'Don't Stop Believin'.
89. “Nothing changes on New Year's Day
On New Year's Day
I will be with you again
I will be with you again”
- U2, 'New Year's Day'.
90. “May your days be merry and bright.”
- Irving Berlin, 'White Christmas'.
91. “One minute to midnight
One minute to go
One minute to say good-bye
Before we say hello
Let's start the new year right
Twelve o'clock tonight.”
- Bing Crosby, 'Let's Start The New Year Right'.
92. “It's the holiday season
And Santa Claus is coming 'round
The Christmas snow is white on the ground
When old Santa gets into town
He'll be coming down the chimney, down
(He'll be coming down the chimney, down)”
- Andy Williams, 'Happy Holiday/The Holiday Season'.
93. “Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas
We've been waiting all year for this night
And the snow is glistening on the trees outside
And all the stockings are hung by the fireside
Waiting for Santa to arrive”
- NSYNC, 'Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays'.
94. “Happy holiday, happy holiday
While the merry bells keep ringing
May your ev'ry wish come true.”
- Peggy Lee, 'Happy Holiday'.
95. "Happy holidays to you
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the tree tops, glisten
And children, listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow"
- Barry Manilow, 'Happy Holiday'.
96. “It's the holiday season
With the whoop-de-do and hickory dock
And don't forget to hang up your sock
"Cause just exactly at 12 o'clock”
- Manhattan Transfer, 'Happy Holiday/The Holiday Season'.
97. “Mark ye well the song we sing
Gladsome tidings now we bring
Ding, dong, ding, dong
Christmas bells are ringing...”
- Nat "King" Cole, 'Caroling, Caroling'.
Famous Greetings Quotes
Check out some famous greetings quotes to share with your loved ones this holiday season.
98. “There is an invisible garment woven around us from our earliest years; it is made of the way we eat, the way we walk, the way we greet people.”
- Jean Giraudoux.
99. “How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains!”
- John Muir.
100. “Come...woo me; for now I am in holiday humor and like enough to consent.”
- William Shakespeare.
101. “I want to feel like the things I did made a difference. That's one of the reasons I spend time greeting people.”
- Michelle Obama.
102. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.”
- Burton Hillis.
103. “I am grateful for what I am and have. My Thanksgiving is perpetual.”
- Henry David Thoreau.
104. “Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand.”
- Dr. Seuss.
105. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy...opportunities into blessings.”
- William Arthur Ward.
106. “Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.”
- Anthony J. D’Angelo.
107. “Life is a mirror: if you frown at it, it frowns back; if you smile, it returns the greeting.”
- William M. Thackeray.
108. “I find that it’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.”
- Amy Adams.
109. “I will greet this day with love in my heart. For this is the greatest secret of success in all ventures.”
- Og Mandino.
110. “Love the giver more than the gift.”
- Brigham Young.
111. “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory...we all go through it together.”
- Garrison Keillor.
112. “Strong men greet war, tempest, hard times.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson.
113. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.”
- Melody Beattie.
114. “Kindness is like snow. It beautifies everything it covers.”
- Kahlil Gibran
115. “I knew that...trying to sell greeting cards or newspapers door-to-door...there's just something very intriguing to me about that.”
- Steve Case.
116. “We light candles in testament that faith makes miracles possible.”
- Nachum Braverman.
117. “From the age of uniformity...solitude...Big Brother...doublethink — greetings!”
- George Orwell.
118. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.”
- Brad Paisley.
119. “The best is yet to come.”
- Frank Sinatra.
120. “I wrote home to say how lovely everything was, and I used flourishing words and phrases, as if I were living life in a greeting card.”
- Jamaica Kincaid.
121. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.”
- Sarah Ban Breathnach.
122. “A voice of greeting from the wind was sent...every little daisy in the grass did look up in my face, and smile to see me pass!”
- Richard Henry Stoddard.
123. “It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.”
- Agnes M. Pharo.
124. “For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice.”
- T. S. Eliot, 'Little Gidding'.
125. “I love the Chinese words for greeting: not strictly 'Hello' but 'Have you eaten yet?'”
- Rick Stein.
Happy Holiday Greetings In Different Styles And Languages
If you're bored with the stereotypical way of sending greetings and best wishes for the holiday season then try saying it in a different style or a different language!
126. “Namaste. It was a Nepalese greeting. It meant: The light within me bows to the light within you.”
- Jennifer Donnelly.
127. "Felix feriarum."
128. "Frohe Feiertage."
129. "God Helg."
130. "Joyeuses fêtes!"
131. “Joyeux Noël.”
- Christian Carion, 2005.
132. "Hau’oli Lanui."
133. "Mutlu tatiller!"
134. "Boas Festas!"
135. “Jingle all the way!”
- Brian Levant, 1996.
136. “Yuletide Greetings.”
137. “Have a holly jolly holiday.”
- Burl Ives.
138. "Holide Ezimyoli."
- South African (Xhose).
139. "Buone Feste!"
140. “Life was a series of greetings and farewells, one was always saying good-bye to something, to someone.”
- Daphne du Maurier.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotes for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for seasons greeting quotes then why not take a look at the 'The Office' Christmas quotes or Easter Bible quotes.
The Kidadl Team is made up of people from different walks of life, from different families and backgrounds, each with unique experiences and nuggets of wisdom to share with you. From lino cutting to surfing to children’s mental health, their hobbies and interests range far and wide. They are passionate about turning your everyday moments into memories and bringing you inspiring ideas to have fun with your family.